Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canada Eh?
I'm sorry I mean ignace you are correct thanks
Departure Bay is where the ferry from the mainland reached Nanaimo, and eventually formed part of the city when annexed a number of years ago. I found this photo of a pumper that eventually made it's way onto the Nanaimo roster. Departure Bay once ran this 1962 Hub built pumper on an International Chassis.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • Deputy202
Ignace, Ontario 1990 Fort Garry/Ford CF8000 625/650/20A s/n #M4266

Attached Files Image(s)

Ignace, Ontario 2003 Fort Garry/Sterling 1050/1000/25A s/n #M9058

Attached Files Image(s)

Thank you very much, my brother rolled a truck and boat up there a few years back, and when we were on our way to the crash site that yellow one passed us enroute back to the station. I did here the sterling was at the scene as well but did not see it. Everyone was ok from the crash few broken bones. We fish up by where they had some bad wild fires about 30 miles outside of town about 10 years ago.
Glad to hear that the injuries were not too serious. There are a lot of narrow, two lane highways around Ignace and lots of tourist and truck traffic.

Staying with Northwestern Ontario, Kenora, Ontario's P-6 2011 Fort Garry/Spartan Metro Star

1050/800/20A/20B s/n #M196

Attached Files Image(s)

Saltspring Island is a short ferry ride from West Vancouver and has recently received delivery of a American Lafrance 4x4 Eagle pumper. BIGDAVE hopes to travel out this way this summer to shoot that rig but I thought I would tease him with photos of some of their other E-1 on Saltspring is a 2003 Superior E-1 Typhoon with 1050/700 specs.apparatus.

The department runs several tankers and T-1 when photographed was a 2000 Superior built truck on a Fl80 chassis with 420/1500 specs.

The central fire hall houses M-1 a 1994 Pierce Ford F350 4x4 with 400/200 specs.

Saltspring Island has three fire halls, and the apparatus housed at #3 hall when I visited consisted of a tanker and engine. Tanker 53 is an Anderson International with250/1500 specs.

The engine at hall 3 was a 1992 Superior Pierce Dash with 1050/700 specs. The apparatus at the #2 hall has a mini and tanker similar to T-1 and M-1.

One of four new Velocity pumps for Gatineau, Que with Class A and B foam, CAFS, forestry booster line and hosebed high enough to get a nosebleed if you have to go get one....

the back end showing the climb....The boys said it turns nice and sharp, is good on the road, but they wish that bed was about four feet lower.....

Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, at the time we photographed them, was a combined police-fire department. One officer was stationed at each hall who would respond with the first out pumper. Officers in their patrol cars would respond directly to the fire. Since that time, the fire and police departments have separated.

Unit #94 1988 Thibault/FLL 100' (ex-Hamilton, ON)

Attached Files Image(s)

Trois-Rivieres Unit #93 1989 Carl Thibault/Spartan 1050/0/100'

Attached Files Image(s)

Trois-Rivieres Unit #91 1986 Thibault/Ford C8000 100'

Attached Files Image(s)

Trois-Rivieres Unit #78 1992 Nova Quin Tech/Spartan Diamond 1050/1000/25

The decals on the cab are due to a labour action ongoing at the time of our visit.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='ffdrive' timestamp='1297477447' post='424738']

the back end showing the climb....The boys said it turns nice and sharp, is good on the road, but they wish that bed was about four feet lower.....

[/quote]

The department better run atleast 2 ladders to a fire one for the truck ops and the other too get to the top of the hosebed for a line to have the engine crew get to there lines.
Kimberley, British Columbia -- Arrow XT/75', 1500Igpm/425Igallon/??foam

Attached Files Image(s)

Fort McMurray, Alberta -- Velocity, 8000Lpm/1900L/??Foam

Attached Files Image(s)