S/N # 13734

Andrew Messer Photo (2011)

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

[quote name='SrFireOfficial' timestamp='1296953007' post='423949']

My friend found this today while walking the dogs in Broward County Florida. I'm working on details but if any of the regulars here can offer some details it would be appreciated.

[/quote]it is a 1983 american la france 1500/500 and it came from burrville,ct.

My friend found this today while walking the dogs in Broward County Florida. I'm working on details but if any of the regulars here can offer some details it would be appreciated.

[/quote]

That's Burrville, CT's ALF! It was replaced by a used E\-One from Kansas City. I really wanted to bid on this rig when it was coming out of service, but I had no forewarning or money at the time so, win some lose some...Burrville is one of the small Volly companies that protect the outskirts the City of Torrington.
Ed Harvey

[url="http://www.fireservicephotography.com/"][size=2]Fire Service Photography[/url][/size]

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

All fires will go out; and all bleeding will stop - eventually.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/people/Ed-Harvey/116300270"]My Facebook Page[/url]
For all the wonderful things the Shriners do,one down side to the organization is this minor flaw!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lebanon Boro, Hunterdon County, NJ ran this 1941 Ford (Unknown Body builder) up to 1970. The rig was sold to the Tall Ceders of Lebanon, a non-profit group to raise money as seen by the sign. At some point after 1976 it got a GREEN and YELLOW paint job. About 2 years ago the Lebanon FC got this rig back and was going to restore it... AND back to RED!!!

As a side note - it was the first rig my father learned to pump with in 1960.

Attached Files Image(s)

Lebanon's rig in Green... Ugh!

Attached Files Image(s)

I run with the Progress Fire Company in Harrisburg, PA, and I am looking for information on the below rig, as it was when purchased brand new by my company. While I was not even alive at the time, I know the guys who rode this rig did so to 100's of working fires and as all of us know, there is a bond between us and our apparatus.

This rig was originially posted way back on page 105 of this thread. I thank Photone and others for posting pictures. It got my attention and now I need info on it. Current location of chassis (name of junkyard), its service after leaving Harrisburg to Virginia, any action pictures of it, and what chassis the boom is currently serving. Enjoy the following pics, they are from our website progressfire.com. Due to its age, not many good pics are around, these are the best I can do. Enjoy.

Attached Files Image(s)

another....

Attached Files Image(s)

and a station shot. The engine with the light tower (9th Division Commander, FDNY) is currently in New Jersey working for http://www.hireafiretruckny.com/. The other engine ( The Bushwacker, FDNY) is privatly owned by a memeber, and the dodge is loooong gone.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='hammernanvil1075' timestamp='1299261215' post='427975']

and a station shot. The engine with the light tower (9th Division Commander, FDNY) is currently in New Jersey working for [url="http://www.hireafiretruckny.com/."]http://www.hireafiretruckny.com/.[/url] The other engine ( The Bushwacker, FDNY) is privatly owned by a memeber, and the dodge is loooong gone.

[/quote]

Progress FC were old Swab customers from way back!

[/quote]

that probably served in a cold town
[quote name='hammernanvil1075' timestamp='1299261079' post='427970']

I run with the Progress Fire Company in Harrisburg, PA, and I am looking for information on the below rig, as it was when purchased brand new by my company. While I was not even alive at the time, I know the guys who rode this rig did so to 100's of working fires and as all of us know, there is a bond between us and our apparatus.

This rig was originially posted way back on page 105 of this thread. I thank Photone and others for posting pictures. It got my attention and now I need info on it. Current location of chassis (name of junkyard), its service after leaving Harrisburg to Virginia, any action pictures of it, and what chassis the boom is currently serving. Enjoy the following pics, they are from our website progressfire.com. Due to its age, not many good pics are around, these are the best I can do. Enjoy.

[/quote]

When the Prince George (VA) VFD purchased the tower, it was rechassised and it still in service. Our own Firepixer Mike Martinelli captured it several years ago: [url="http://www.fdnytrucks.com/files/html/otherstates/virginia/Prince%20George.htm"]Prince George Truck 1[/url]. I do not know where the scrapped chassis ended up.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
After a little hiatus of posting pictures due to a computer problem, I am back now. Here is a relic I was able to catch with the help of Jeff Harkey, who runs Firenews.net. Firenews.net is a great site for those interested in all things fire related in the great state of North Carolina. Anyways enough with the shameless plug, your help would be appreciated as I do not know a whole lot about this rig and I couldn't find a serial #.

Louisville,KY

Ex-Aerial 7

1980s Pirsch 100' Tiller

Found in Carthage, NC on the local airport property

Attached Files Image(s)

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
[quote name='BFD1151' timestamp='1299338310' post='428166']

After a little hiatus of posting pictures due to a computer problem, I am back now. Here is a relic I was able to catch with the help of Jeff Harkey, who runs Firenews.net. Firenews.net is a great site for those interested in all things fire related in the great state of North Carolina. Anyways enough with the shameless plug, your help would be appreciated as I do not know a whole lot about this rig and I couldn't find a serial #.

Louisville,KY

Ex-Aerial 7

1980s Pirsch 100' Tiller

Found in Carthage, NC on the local airport property

[/quote]

Such a beauty to be sitting outside like that!! Pirsch was a great truck!!
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
About six months ago, a very similar tillered Pirsch from Lou-a-vul was for sale on www.govdeals.com for $10,000.00 I believe the Pirsch on gov-deals was old Truck 2. From the outside looking in, The Louisville Division of Fire does a great job of maintaining it's apparatus fleet. It's not uncommon to see older apparatus running the streets of Louisville in good condition.

Semper Fidelis,

RMK

John S. Nutter T-3 LFD/LODD

“Never Forgotten”
[quote name='RMKDFD' timestamp='1299351047' post='428190']

About six months ago, a very similar tillered Pirsch from Lou-a-vul was for sale on www.govdeals.com for $10,000.00 I believe the Pirsch on gov-deals was old Truck 2. From the outside looking in, The Louisville Division of Fire does a great job of maintaining it's apparatus fleet. It's not uncommon to see older apparatus running the streets of Louisville in good condition.

Semper Fidelis,

RMK

John S. Nutter T-3 LFD/LODD

“Never Forgotten”

[/quote]

The former Louisville Pirsch T2 is now in Eastern South Carolina. I saw it on Friday 3/4. It was on its way to Florence SC for body work. It is planned to paint it pink for the Pink Heals group. Sorry I didn't get a photo.
Here is a relic that has been turned into a water tanker on a farm in Hendersonville,NC.

Rockingham,NC

Former Engine 1

1952 ALF 700

750GPM pump

#L-4596

Attached Files Image(s)

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
Hot Springs, NC "X Engine"

1928 GMC/Boyer

500/50

S/N # 1543

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Not sure how or why this rig ended up where it is, or where it's from. Wish I knew more about it. Wish it was in better shape! All the missing pieces from the front (hood, pumper, etc.) were all laying in the hosebed.

19?? GMC/Buffalo

500/50

S/N # ????

X: ????????? (would LOVE to know the history of this one!!)

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823