Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York State
Not sure if I should post here, or in the 'Empire State Oldies' thread,

Mt Kisco, NY 1991 Sutphen 90'

Tower Ladder 14.

It has been replaced by a 2010/2011 Sutphen 100'

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

After finishing a night tour, I started on my way home,when some buddies texted about a job in the City of White Plains (Westchester County). Since WP was on my way, I figured a quick detour off the parkway to see what's up wouldn't cost too much time. The fire was in a 2-1/2 story frame, but was knocked down when I got there- so I snapped a few rig pix,and continued on home......

1st up, WPFD Engine-71's Freightliner/ALF.

Crappy shot of L-32's ALF/LTI stick

WP Engine-70's Freightliner/Smeal.

Mostly all the rigs in WPFD are conventional cabs, DPW spec's them to be the same chassis as the rest of city fleet,so I'm told.

E-70 again........

Engine-66's Freightliner/Smeal

E66

>

>

Like said, not much to see when I arrived...... I hope I'm a better Fireman than I am Photographer !!

It was a little cold, I was too lazy to walk around the block to get on other side of Police tape, and (Sorry) I always feel like an idiot with a camera....it really makes you appreciate the photogs here, and how great they are with knowledge and determination!! so that's all for me today.

[quote name='R1SmokeEater' timestamp='1301344119' post='431622']

After finishing a night tour, I started on my way home,when some buddies texted about a job in the City of White Plains (Westchester County). Since WP was on my way, I figured a quick detour off the parkway to see what's up wouldn't cost too much time. The fire was in a 2-1/2 story frame, but was knocked down when I got there- so I snapped a few rig pix,and continued on home......

1st up, WPFD Engine-71's Freightliner/ALF.

[/quote]

Was this one tacked onto a Schenectedy order or was it former Schenectedy? I don't recall any of the White Plains pieces painted in this scheme.
[quote name='Rheems1' timestamp='1301418928' post='431752']

Was this one tacked onto a Schenectedy order or was it former Schenectedy? I don't recall any of the White Plains pieces painted in this scheme.

[/quote]

I'm not sure, WPFD only has 3-rigs painted this way: E-71, TL-6's ALF/Smeal tower (was there yesterday, but on other side of block) and a mini-pumper they have for the many parking garages. I dunno if it was an add on, or they changed colors for those 3-pieces, and then went back to all red on next order.

The WP guys I know Hate the commercial chassis rigs, but like said DPW spec's them out to be uniform to city fleet......

White Plains FD recently converted the rigs to Westchester numbering system within past 2 or so years, prior the ran as Eng-1,2,3 and T-1,2 etc.....

Here's another shot:

[quote name='R1SmokeEater' timestamp='1301429165' post='431798']

I'm not sure, WPFD only has 3-rigs painted this way: E-71, TL-6's ALF/Smeal tower (was there yesterday, but on other side of block) and a mini-pumper they have for the many parking garages. I dunno if it was an add on, or they changed colors for those 3-pieces, and then went back to all red on next order.

The WP guys I know Hate the commercial chassis rigs, but like said DPW spec's them out to be uniform to city fleet......

White Plains FD recently converted the rigs to Westchester numbering system within past 2 or so years, prior the ran as Eng-1,2,3 and T-1,2 etc.....

Here's another shot:

[/quote]

Does anyone know if WP still runs the Ford conventional/Smeal rearmount ladder?
Valhalla Fire Department Rescue 9 - 1994 Spartan/Saulsbury

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='jlg1875' timestamp='1301452760' post='431876']

Does anyone know if WP still runs the Ford conventional/Smeal rearmount ladder?

[/quote]

I beleive its no longer in front line service, maybe a spare. I'll check for you.
Thornwood, NY

Tower Ladder 1

1998 Sutphen 1500/0/95'

Thornwood, NY Chief buggies

'Wetdown' for Thornwood's new 2010 Sutphen 1500/750 Engine 88. Unfortunately they had no room to put outside, so this was the best i could do.

Walden Fire District

Rescue 246

2010 Spartan Metro Star/Rescue 1

Formerly a demonstration piece for Rescue 1