Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pacific Northwest
Quote:Bellingham Fire Department 2008 Pierce Impel 1500/500

Nice rigs! I have a buddy on Bellingham. Did you see a guy from New Zealand when you were there (cusses a lot, calls everyone "Mate", yells things like "bloody hell" all the time...)?
[quote name='GA_Dave' timestamp='1307567630' post='443387']

Nice rigs! I have a buddy on Bellingham. Did you see a guy from New Zealand when you were there (cusses a lot, calls everyone "Mate", yells things like "bloody hell" all the time...)?

[/quote]

works there right? He was in my recruit class
Small world. Pete worked at my FD for quite a few years. He's a good FF and Medic. He calls us every now and then, whining about his kid keeping him up all night.
[quote name='dyken' timestamp='1307565690' post='443382']

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=75207]BP Cherry Point Refinery

[/quote]

That truck looks like it should be stuck where it is, if I tried that I would be needing a wrecker.
[quote name='dyken' timestamp='1307565690' post='443382']

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=75207]BP Cherry Point Refinery

[/quote]

My father in law is retired from Cherry Point. He was on their fire brigade for years. My wife grew up in Bellingham and my in-laws are still up there. Great pics!
Our little trip into Washington State also brought us through Bellingham on our way back to the border. In addition to the Pierce Impel that DYKEN just posted, we managed to sweet talk our way into getting a few more Bellingham rigs posed. Engine 1 is another 2008 Pierce Impel with 1500/500 specs.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

We visited Station 6 and shot another Impel as well as the ladder stationed there. Engine 6 has the same build date and specs as the rig just posted.

The ladder at Station 6 is a 2008 Pierce Arrow XT 100' ladder tower.

We also cruised by Whatcom County Fire District 4 on the`outskirts of Bellingham where we shot Brush 12, a 2000 Ford F550 4x4 with a UPF Defender Series Skid Unit and Hale PP pump. The round tank like structure on top of the water tank is used to store the forestry hose in a big coil.

This Whatcom County fire station also housed twin water tenders. Tender 12 is one of 2 1999 S&S Freightliner FL112 trucks with 1000 GPM pumps and 3000 gallon water tanks.

The old rescue out of this station was a 1997 Medtec Ambulance International and was sitting in the training area waiting to be disposed of.

The rescue was replaced with a combination rescue engine. The 2010 Pierce Impel PUC that DYKEN posted a few photos back is configured for fire suppression duties on the driver's side and rescue/medical duties on the officer's side. This engine also sports a Husky Foam System and has a CAFS.

North Whatcom Fire Rescue

1994 Darley

1500/750

Tender 63 1994 Pierce Dash

1250/3000    
Whatcom County Fire District No. 4

Pierce Contender

500/500 CAFS    

Brush 63