Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS Paint Anyone! Fire Apparatus Part III
International/Pierce Rescue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Pierce Saber 2 door HDR

People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Pierce Velocity 2 door HDR

[quote name='grubber33270' timestamp='1309848296' post='446903']

I hope you dont mind but i fixed a few of the lines on there just basically in the real world "waxed the rig" to make it a tad more pretty for you, I mostly did it so i can see more 2D stuff on here. I quint designing but i might have to come back now to get the 2D going. Theres still a few more touchups i need to work on (when i am soberer) but here is just rough what i did.

[Image: Rescue.png]

[/quote]

haha not a problem, looks even better. Thanks. hopfullyyoukeep up the good drawings
St. Louis Engine. Credits in the drawing.

Here's my version of Pierce's Dash CF. It's cab only, with a little rescue influence. Credits in the drawing.

Attached Files Image(s)

After seeing so many of the excellent 3D drawings posted, FDJCengine2 prompted me to dig up some old pics from Jersey City. First is an 85 ft American LaFrance tiller with the addition of riot shields. Credits are posted in the drawing.

And the second is a Ward LaFrance salvage unit. Credits in the drawing.

Attached Files Image(s)

A Posting Guideline reminder ...

Quote:Flaming of any member, or public criticism of board rules will not be tolerated, and appropriate warning actions, including suspension and removal from the board will be taken.

Please appreciate the artwork that is posted.

I have taken the time to purge this thread and reduce the number of pages members have to search through.
Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.
[quote name='firemark' timestamp='1309923833' post='447014']

After seeing so many of the excellent 3D drawings posted, FDJCengine2 prompted me to dig up some old pics from Jersey City. First is an 85 ft American LaFrance tiller with the addition of riot shields. Credits are posted in the drawing.

[/quote] I love this pic. Nice job Firemark.
Here is a re-post of the Tactical Support Unit from the Elizabeth NJ FD. I was able to get some pics of it at a recent expo with the striping and lettering. Credits are in the drawing.

Jersey City FD's International/Saulsbury large diameter hose reel truck. Credits in the drawing.

Attached Files Image(s)

Boston Fire Haz-Mat Opps. truck. Credits in the post, if i forgot you let me know.

Attached Files Image(s)

OK, quick question on the rig drawings. How do you guys figure out the font type/size for each drawing? I can sit for hours just messing with the font and I just don't ever feel that I get it dead on. You guys seem to hit the nail on the head everytime. Any help with that would be GREATLY appreciated!
I just try to get it as close as possible. nothing will ever be exact but if your close no one will notice
Here is my version of the new St. Louis "Engines"! Engine 8 was the first one delivered and was on display at FDIC 2011!

its been awhile for me as well so I have a couple of new deliveries to the New England area. 1st up is Hampstead NH new Quint

for Stoneham Mass Engine 3, 2011 Segrave pump

OK, now my next question is this. When adding lettering/graphics to the rig the problem I run in to is when I add the apparatus color (red for example) I always end up with the lettering and color not matching together and it almost has a blurry appearance. When I increase the size of the drawing on the screen the pixels of the text aren't always exactly the color I picked (white for example). I just can't ever seem to get my lettering and apparatus color to blend as I feel they should. Any advice on this one?
my suggestion is to try coloring the truck first and then add the type the lettering over the color