Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Los Angeles Fire Dept
[quote name='Abbott Shaull' timestamp='1306276186' post='441211']

Considering it was only few years ago that Engine 209 upgraded from 2nd unit of Light Force 9 to Fully staff Engine. So will Task Force 9 be reformed with Ladder 209 being mated with Engine 209 as it 2nd unit again?

[/quote]

Abbott,

The station will have e9 t9 RAs 9 209 & 809 only. E9 & T9 will run seprately. No Light Force @ 9s. RA 209 is the 2nd ALS RA in the house. All this starts 7/5.

Hope this helps.
[quote name='Engine504Driver' timestamp='1306251145' post='441097']

I shared some pics over on the LA County thread, so will now I'll share some on this one. These were taken by my good friend, Clark Martin, Jr (RIP), sometime back in the 80's. He was always fond of the fire service on the West Coast.

Photo credits to Clark Martin, Jr (RIP)

17's Pump

[/quote]

Clarks's shots of LAFD sure bring back some memories. He must have been there in the late 70's because almost all of the rigs he shot had been replaced by newer apparatus by the early 80's. I shot several of the same rigs at the same locations in 72. It must be time to dig for those boxes of slides.
Was there a meaning behind the amber lights on the wagons, rather than the traditional red???
[quote name='atlanticfiretrucks.com' timestamp='1306300563' post='441249']

Was there a meaning behind the amber lights on the wagons, rather than the traditional red???

[/quote]

In California the only warning lights that were specifically required on an emergency vehicle were a single steady burning red to the front and a flashing amber to the rear. (I don't think the law has changed to this day.) Someone at LAFD figured out that amber was more visible than red so they experimented with amber beacons on a bunch of 71 and 72 vintage apparatus --- mostly Crowns and a few Seagrave trucks. They gave up on the idea after a few years and most of the amber beacons were upgraded to lightbars with red halogen bulbs. They also tried out some yellow paint on a few rigs, including the ill-fated Snorkel 3 and HU6 (which later became HU3 with the red and white paint job.)
Thanks for the response bro!
[Image: 021.jpg]

Engine 3 in thier new KME.
Did the new KME rig assignments change with the impending closing of companies?

And does anyone know the movement of the trucks with the closings?

Thanks in advance.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[quote name='Ladder 68' timestamp='1307067848' post='442451']

Did the new KME rig assignments change with the impending closing of companies?

And does anyone know the movement of the trucks with the closings?

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

In some of the Task Force houses the KME will be reassigned as the two car. Engine 35's KME has already been renumberd as Engine 235.
[Image: 040.jpg]

Battalion 11.
[Image: 023.jpg]

Rear View Engine 3.
The LAFD new deployment plan is slowly taking affect units are starting to move to there new assignements.

[Image: IMG_8807_edited.jpg]

Squad 4 now Squad 21.
[Image: IMG_8824_edited.jpg]

Truck 4 now Truck 21.
[Image: IMG_4661.jpg]

Rescue 842 now in its final days.
July 5th 2011 the new LAFD Deployment plan goes into affect in just a matter of hours.

Battalion's 3 & 7 will be closing and the station's in those battalions will be merging into exsisting Battalions.
[quote name='Monrovia1' timestamp='1309859362' post='446909']

July 5th 2011 the new LAFD Deployment plan goes into affect in just a matter of hours.

Battalion's 3 & 7 will be closing and the station's in those battalions will be merging into exsisting Battalions.

[/quote]

Is there something on paper somewhere of the changes?
Dave McClung

Arden Hills, Minnesota but....

my heart is also back in Northern VA, especially Alexandria.

All pictures are taken by me and subject to copyright.

No picture taken by me may be copied or linked without my

express permission.
[quote name='Dave McClung' timestamp='1309891994' post='446976']

Is there something on paper somewhere of the changes?

[/quote]

Dave & others,

If you go to code2high.com , then click on latest news & then scroll down to May 19th, there is a link there.

Hope that helps,
Same rig shot last friday.

[Image: lfdra642.jpg]
Info on the new LAFD Deployment plan that fully went into affect today.

http://www.prnc.org/policefiresafety/Imp...20Plan.pdf
I apologize for the crumby photo, I wasn't paying attention when this cruised by. That being said, I hadn't seen any pics of the new Dodge RA's, so this is better than nothing.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='marco17' timestamp='1311116011' post='448989']

I apologize for the crumby photo, I wasn't paying attention when this cruised by. That being said, I hadn't seen any pics of the new Dodge RA's, so this is better than nothing.

[/quote]

I tried to get Rescue 55 but got the usual tag line from LAFD somedays it makes me want to completely just give up and avoid shooting LAFD and stick to other agencys.