Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pacific Northwest
Here is a photo of the vehicle assigned to Unit 99 in 2008.

Brian Birmingham

[url="http://www.bbirmingham.com"]bbirmingham.com[/url]
Quote:Thanks a ton!!
No problem.  Once I have some funds to play with, we're buying some of their Holmatro mounts.  I have so many projects but need to try and be frugal!
Quote: 

TransverseRoad wrote: Sorry but I was unable to locate the "Charlie Brown" quote on this thread so I'm not too sure what the relevance was

Actually, what you see is his custom signature. That quote originally came from a different thread, if I remember right, about an old Ford C pumper or tanker that someone posted a photo of. I can't remember what thread it was in now, but that's all it is, it wasn't actually about anything on this page.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote: 

Actually, what you see is his custom signature. That quote originally came from a different thread, if I remember right, about an old Ford C pumper or tanker that someone posted a photo of. I can't remember what thread it was in now, but that's all it is, it wasn't actually about anything on this page.

Trav!
Thanks Trav, found it in "Tankers and Tenders" #338.....LOL
Quote:The Marine Response Team
originated in 1983 after a joint venture between the between the SFD and the United States Maritime Administration ended.  UNIT 99 responds with their dive team as a support unit to maritime related incidents such as, hazardous material spills, ship fires, confined space rescues, and flooding conditions.

Other
SFD "UNIT" types include:

UNIT
77  HAZ-MAT

UNIT
78  HAZ-MAT Decon

Sorry but I wasn't able to locate the "Charlie Brown" quote on this thread so I'm not too sure what the relevance was.  

okay, that's what I thought it was, I thought the old rescue was going to be the spare, was that every a plan or did I just make that up?
[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
Quote: 

okay, that's what I thought it was, I thought the old rescue was going to be the spare, was that every a plan or did I just make that up?

If the descision is made to purchase a new rig for UNIT 99, then the old rescue will become available to a be assigned as the spare rescue, designated as Rescue 80.

SFD LADDER 7 HAS BEEN ASSIGNED THE 1999 ALF-BECKER 105' AI REAR MOUNT FORMERLY ASSIGNED TO LADDER 12, THE SPARE FLEET, AND ALSO THE JOINT TRAINING CENTER.  LADDER 7 RESPONDS OUT OF STATION 14 AND IS CROSS STAFFED WITH RESCUE 1.

ALF SN B42930

THE FORMER LADDER 7, A 1995 SIMON DUPLEX 105' LTI REAR MOUNT HAS BEEN REASSIGNED TO THE JOINT TRAINING CENTER.

BOB LUKAS PHOTO

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:SFD LADDER 7 HAS BEEN ASSIGNED THE 1999 ALF-BECKER 105' AI REAR MOUNT FORMERLY ASSIGNED TO LADDER 12, THE SPARE FLEET, AND ALSO THE JOINT TRAINING CENTER.  LADDER 7 REPONDS OUT OF STATION 14 AND IS CROSS STAFFED WITH RESCUE 1.

ALF SN B42930

THE FORMER LADDER 7, A 1995 SIMON DUPLEX 105' LTI REAR MOUNT HAS BEEN REASSIGNED TO THE JOINT TRAINING CENTER.

BOB LUKAS PHOTO
To your knowledge, is the plan to eventually assign a tiller to L7 still in effect? Thanks.
Quote:To your knowledge, is the plan to eventually assign a tiller to L7 still in effect? Thanks.
Yes, the next new tiller is scheduled to replace ladder 8's rear mount, at station 18.
Quote:Yes, the next new tiller is scheduled to replace ladder 8's rear mount, at station 18.
Thanks!
I noticed this week,
UNIT

99's rig has apparently been renamed MARINE1, and when dispatched, it will appear on the Seattle Fire Department Real-Time 911 Dispatch site designated as MRN1. 

Sorry for the poor shot, the former rescue was sandwiched in between two engines.

Bob Lukas Photo

What does Rescue 1 have for an apparatus now ?

Shane MacKichan

Vancouver, B.C.

[url="http://www.vancouverfirepics.com"]Vancouver Fire Pics[/url]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/fyregeek"]My YouTube videos[/url]
Quote:What does Rescue 1 have for an apparatus now ?
A newer version. I haven't seen any pics, but here's some info from Hughes Fire (the dealer).

http://www.hughesfire.com/assets/seattle...-14-13.pdf
Quote:What does Rescue 1 have for an apparatus now ?

http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/inde...49&page=11   POST 218

I'll try to post a few more here soon.
The new Rescue

Bob Lukas Photo

Bob Lukas Photo

Bob Lukas Photo

Hopefully these are being posted to the right board.  Back in July of 2012 my wife and I left on a cruise from Seward, AK to Vancouver, BC.  I did manage to get a few photos in Seward as most of the trucks were just coming back in from a call.  I struck out at the ports of Skagway and Ketchikan.

Rescue 2.  Oh, and I'm sorry these photos are poor, the weather was rainy and cloudy.

Rescue 2.