Round Rock, TX Fire Department
Reserve Truck

2001 Pierce Dash

2000/300/85'

Job # 12682

Ex-Truck 4

Ex-Sam Bass Truck 1

Attached Files Image(s)

Here are some Round Rock rigs I shot back in the mid-90's. I cannot locate my notes on these so if anyone has the particular specs, model numbers, and serial numbers, please add them!

Engine 1

1992 Seagrave

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Eric Hansen

Grand Prairie, Texas
Ladder 1

Seagrave 100' rear-mount

Eric Hansen

Grand Prairie, Texas
Engine 3

Eric Hansen

Grand Prairie, Texas
Engine 6

Eric Hansen

Grand Prairie, Texas
GREAT shots, Eric!

Engine 1 has now been convereted into Rescue 2.

It seems like Round Rock liked Seagrave for a while there.
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
I think the photo of the old Engine 3 Seagrave is posted in this forum as a reserve Rescue 2 or Engine 2. It looks pretty much the same except for upgraded warning lights.
Eric Hansen

Grand Prairie, Texas
Here's the specs. Sorry I don't have serial numbers

Engine 1

1992 Seagrave

1250/500

[quote name='hansinoman' timestamp='1312228495' post='450902']

Here are some Round Rock rigs I shot back in the mid-90's. I cannot locate my notes on these so if anyone has the particular specs, model numbers, and serial numbers, please add them!

Engine 1

1992 Seagrave

[/quote]
Seagrave

1250/500

[quote name='hansinoman' timestamp='1312228575' post='450905']

Engine 3

[/quote]
If memory serves the Seagrave dealer for Texas was actually based in Round Rock around then. Mile Hihg T or something to that effect.

They are no longer around and needless to say Seagrave does not sell in Texas, and hasn't, for atleast 6+ years.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[quote name='Ladder 68' timestamp='1312236236' post='450935']

If memory serves the Seagrave dealer for Texas was actually based in Round Rock around then. Mile Hihg T or something to that effect.

They are no longer around and needless to say Seagrave does not sell in Texas, and hasn't, for atleast 6+ years.

[/quote]

Mile High sold a number of Seagraves up to the late 1990's, including many in Austin and Houston. The newest Seagrave in Texas is in Borger (panhandle), and its a 2009 model I believe.
Eric Hansen

Grand Prairie, Texas
One of the VP's of Seagrave told me once that it's very expensive to do business for them in Texas. They'd only really be interested if Houston or Dallas placed an order.

Did Seagrave have a good reputation? They are highly regarded in the Northeast, but expensive...but no more then Pierce in some cases.

Was Mike High a Seagrave dealer?

I'd love to see Round Rock get a Seagrave Aerialscope, which is an exclusive Seagrave product. (For easy comparison, same TL's they use in NYC). Dump the pump and get a real TL, lol!
Seth Granville
Yet another shot of Quint 4, a 2010 Pierce Velocity 75' Aluminum sitting pretty...

Seth Granville
Squad 3

2011 Ford F-550/AG-Meir

250/300

Attached Files Image(s)

Squad 4

2012 Ford F-550/Pierce

250/400

Sorry no job #

Attached Files Image(s)

Quick Question:  On Rescue 2, the officers side compartment with roll-up doors is full length, while the drivers side compartment isn't, leaving an inset in the body.  Is there a reason for this?  These are the added compartments where the pump panel used to be

Quote:Quick Question:  On Rescue 2, the officers side compartment with roll-up doors is full length, while the drivers side compartment isn't, leaving an inset in the body.  Is there a reason for this?  These are the added compartments where the pump panel used to be

There is a hydraulic generator under the compartment on the drivers side. I'll see if I have a better photo later.
Seth Granville
Reserve Truck 401

2001 Pierce Dash

2000/300/85'

Job # 12682

Ex-Truck 4

Ex-Sam Bass Truck 1

Attached Files Image(s)

Battalion 1

2013 Ford F-350

Attached Files Image(s)