Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Empire State Oldies

How about a pair of Mack "L"s???

I took this picture at a muster in the early '80s.

The open cab is a '54, 750 GPM Pumper. It was owned by the Laurelton Fire Dept. (which I belong to) in Irondequoit, Monroe Co., NY. It is now owned by a private collector in Vermont.

The closed cab is a '51 750 GPM Quad. It is owned by the Geneseo (Livingston Co.) NY Fire Dept. This unit is currently being restored.
anyone got any pics of tarrytowns hope hose old fox???
[color="#FF0000"]R.I.P Sammy Oitice FDNY 4 Truck 9-11-01[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]R.I.P Kevin Apuzzio East Franklin FD 4-11-06[/color]

NEVER FORGET 343

[size="4"]FDNY Hockey[/size]
[quote name='Richard_L_Dean_07405' post='41461' date='Oct 8 2006, 12:44 ']You need a shot of Jeffersonville's antique from the 1930's. It's got a garden hose size discharge that looks like part of the pump but can really be connected to a keg of beer. I've seen it at the Port Jervis parade and have imbibed in some of the brew a few times thanks to the very hospitable guys from Jeffersonville.[/quote]

Here is a shot of the beer tap!

Attached Files Image(s)

And here is the truck

Attached Files Image(s)

In the days before Quints and Midis Rochester had 11 Truck Companies. This Grumman was run I think as Truck 9. Taken by me at a Muster 20+ years ago.

Rochester Truck 4 ran with this Seagrave 100 footer. Taken by me at a Muster 20 years ago. Sorry on the graininess on this and the one before it, they were taken with a Disc Camera.
I posted these 1 of a kind pics ayear or so ago under my ladder47 name before the board crashed and such...just getting back to posting....anyway this was taken from the rear of the building second floor of Elmont's Fire HQ 1970.....here we see the unusual view of a B Mack Engine and Rescue, 2 L Mack Engines, a C mid mount ladder and open cab C Engine and a caddy ambulance.

Attached Files Image(s)

more of the view.....

Attached Files Image(s)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the good old days when Macks were abundant on Long Island.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
Elmont Engine 1 1961 Mack....in service till 1980...replaced with a 1980 Mack CF.

Attached Files Image(s)

refurbed around 1973 with roof and white and red paint scheme.....

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='LFD_John' post='48573' date='Nov 2 2006, 20:19 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=7937]

In the days before Quints and Midis Rochester had 11 Truck Companies. This Grumman was run I think as Truck 9. Taken by me at a Muster 20+ years ago.[/quote]

Yes that was T-9(now Quint/Midi 7), was the first all aluminum aerial by Pirsch, the last Pirsch aerial we ever purchased(after a long history with Pirsch aerials), & was a complete piece of junk. It was only in service a few years & I believe was delivered in 1981, 82. The last Seagrave aerial was T-6 & went out of service in 1986 when Quint 6 got their first E\-One.(it ran as T-6 for a short time, until the midi came in to replace E-2)
[quote name='LFD_John' post='48585' date='Nov 2 2006, 20:37 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=7938]

Rochester Truck 4 ran with this Seagrave 100 footer. Taken by me at a Muster 20 years ago. Sorry on the graininess on this and the one before it, they were taken with a Disc Camera.[/quote]

It seems to be a B model Mack bus in the background...
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
Port Jervis, Ny

1963 Mack

750/300

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Charlton, NY

1964 Mack

750/300

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Coeymans, NY

1958 Mack

750/1500

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Coeymans, NY

1938 Mack

750/150

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Cambridge, NY

1950 Mack Type 405-A

500/500

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

East Greenbush, Ny

1963 Mack C Model

300/1000

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Question: Is one of those tandem axle B Macks sitting in NJ on the Mahwah/Suffern border? Was up there a few times and see it in a lot. Was some time ago, but it may still be there.