Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota Apparatus
Excelsior Engine 21

[Image: ExcelsiorEngine21.jpg]

[Image: ExcelsiorEngine21-1.jpg]
Excelsior Engine 22

[Image: ExcelsiorEngine22.jpg]
Excelsior Rescue 21 (AKA Johnny and Roy they call it)

[Image: ExcelsiorRescue21.jpg]

[Image: ExcensiorRescue21-1.jpg]
St Bonifacius Engine 11 (secondary Engine)

[Image: StBoniEngine11-1.jpg]
St Boni Engine 12

[Image: StBoniEngine12.jpg]

[Image: StBoniEngine12-1.jpg]
St Boni Rescue 11

[Image: StBoniRescue11.jpg]
St Boni Tanker 11

[Image: StBoniTanker11.jpg]
Victoria Engine 11

[Image: VictoriaEngine11.jpg]
Victoria Engine 12

[Image: VictoriaEngine12.jpg]

[Image: VictoriaEngine12-1.jpg]
Victoria Rescue 11

[Image: VictoriaRescue11.jpg]
You know I always love the telephone booths rigs that you find throughout Minnesota from when I lived in Detroit Lakes Area. Detroit Lakes rigs were mainly 4 door Ford cabs, but many of the departments around them had various other commercial chassis rigs with the Telephone booths.
Speaking of Becker County do you have any pics of the fire department there, you have some of the surrounding areas. Thanks in advance.
I do not as of yet some day I would love too get departments there, If you look on detroit lakes fire dept now I dont think they have any more "Phone Booths" anymore.
[quote name='Big Dave' timestamp='1201706236' post='185167']

one of my favourites:

Alexandria, MN #21

1992 Custom Fire/Spartan Gladiator

1250/1000/30

[/quote]

You know it nice even the custom fire truck cabs have additional space to give them the telephone booth look that so common in Minnesota.
[quote name='grubber33270' timestamp='1314759134' post='455075']

I do not as of yet some day I would love too get departments there, If you look on detroit lakes fire dept now I dont think they have any more "Phone Booths" anymore.

[/quote]

They didn't have any Phone Booth cabs. They were mostly on Ford L chassis when I was there with the exception being Engine 3 which was older Custom Engine which was mostly used for in town which had it 4 or 5 in hose on big reel in the back. Yet many of the Engines, their Ladder, and Rescue as well as many of their fleet of 4 grass rigs have been replaced. The one exception is their Engine 2 which is used as their tanker when they are out on rural fires. Wonder if they rebuilt their fire station because I know when I lived there many of the support units were not at the Station, but elsewhere in the city.

Another thing coming from Michigan, Minnesota was the first place where I seen blue emergency lights on fire trucks in many cities. Where as in Michigan only few department have them on their rig, and even then it usually one the rear facing flashers.
Brooklyn Park Mn Engine 31, With its new Shiny Black/Red Paint Job, it was formally the color of tower 21, and engine 41. Previously posted.

[Image: 001.jpg]

[Image: 002.jpg]
Minneapolis Engine 21 (Former Engine 4) photo taken 4 hours in there new rig.

[Image: 023-1.jpg]

[Image: 024-1.jpg]
Part of the new batch of engines, here is Engine 8.

[Image: 002.jpg]

[Image: 003.jpg]
Great pics! Do you happen to have any of E8's tailboard? I noticed they don't have crosslays.
if you look back a few pages, i have engine 4s tailboard, I do not have engine 8s, you are correct all lines are off of the back now if i remember correct there is not even a trash line up front anymore. and thanks. i can try and get better rear end shots when i got get engine 14 the 3rd of the identical engines.

[quote name='phyrngn' timestamp='1315535076' post='456120']

Great pics! Do you happen to have any of E8's tailboard? I noticed they don't have crosslays.

[/quote]