• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FLORIDA RIGS
Not as of now. I'll try to get some next time i'm on duty
[quote name='HAZ31MAT' timestamp='1313759170' post='453606']

Not as of now. I'll try to get some next time i'm on duty

[/quote]

Thanks!
[quote name='srq2009' timestamp='1313266910' post='452807']

I'm not in the industry so don't take my opinion for gospel - however I believe it is a worthwhile experiment in this case because the station in question is more or less in the middle of a 70 mile stretch of desolate roadway between Fort Lauderdale and Naples, where any incident in the middle has to draw from both sides and the response time can be significant, especially for ALS ground transport. This station was built in the last couple of years at a rest stop about 20 miles away from Weston (suburban Fort Lauderdale), so response times are much improved although still pushing the limit in life-or-death situations. What they need is a dedicated helicopter but obviously that would be far outside the available funds...

[/quote]I'm very familiar with the station and location (I've actually transported a patient back home to the reservation way out there) and think the area could be much better served by an engine and rescue, and good move-up protocols. Every single alarm in that area should get additional units moving to The Alley from the coast. I can't imagine they are that busy that they can't just get a second engine and rescue going to every call and if they aren't needed at the scene, holding in the station until the units are available.

Better yet, have a couple of spare apparatus out there, and have a crew haul ass in a crown vic to get to that station. Saves wear and tear on a million dollar truck and gets them their quicker safer.

I guess I can keep coming up with ideas why a custom pumper that transports is not the right solution.
[quote name='HAZ31MAT' timestamp='1313669880' post='453453']

New Hollywood Engine 74

Im not really too sure what the specs are, but I do know that it isn't as customized as our Pierce Quantums. I think they called it the "off the shelf" pumper.

It is shorter than our Quantums (Except E-40 that has the side-mount pump panel) and the hosebed is a lot higher it seems.

[/quote]

Why the chevron up high on the side?
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
Station 74 is right next to I-95 and is first response up on 95 as a "blocker" for the medic units. Both Engine 74 and Engine 31 have been hit numerous times on 95, so they put the chevrons on the side up high for more visibility.

I still cant understand how you can't see a huge fire truck with lights, but then again I'm never impaired when I drive.
Here you go. They came by my station for a hazmat drill. A few hours after this picture was taken, she caught her first big fire at the Tropical Acres restaurant in Dania Beach.

Whoops, heres the pic.

If you want any more, let me know.

I still feel the hosebed is higher than our Quantums, and those have a high bed!
Awesome!!! Thanks, HAZ31MAT.
I'm not sure what the department specific Specs. are on this truck, but it is a Pierce Saber/Contender (the Contender is the less expensive version.) The trucks are basically built all the same, with department specific changes. We just got one in May, nice, cost efficient truck, hopefully this one serves you guys well.

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue

Redland

Tanker-60

2011 Spartan/Rosenbauer 1500/2500

Photo by: Alex M. Poitevien Jr.

[url="http://[Image: Miami-DadeT601024x768.jpg]"][Image: Miami-DadeT601024x768.jpg][/url]
[quote name='FIREPIX21' timestamp='1315861708' post='456502']

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue

Redland

Tanker-60

2011 Spartan/Rosenbauer 1500/2500

[Image: Miami-DadeT601024x768.jpg]

[/quote]

Interesting lightbar there!
[color="#FF0000"]http://flickr.com/photos/srq2009/[/color]
[quote name='srq2009' timestamp='1315927643' post='456572']

Interesting lightbar there!

[/quote]

That's the PowerArc VOLT, they are BRIGHT!!

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Miami Fire Rescue

Miami-Dade County, Florida

Engine-6

2011 Pierce Arrow XT 1250/500

[Image: MiamiE6Copy.jpg]
[quote name='FIREPIX21' timestamp='1316394761' post='457266']

Miami Fire Rescue

Miami-Dade County, Florida

Engine-6

2011 Pierce Arrow XT 1250/500

[Image: MiamiE6Copy.jpg]

[/quote]

Great looking truck. Details? Looks like it has some special features. And, is this the first City of Miami truck with a Q?
[quote name='srq2009' timestamp='1316450832' post='457352']

Great looking truck. Details? Looks like it has some special features. And, is this the first City of Miami truck with a Q?

[/quote]

Alex,

She's loaded!!! Pictures of inside the compartments and crane are posted on Miami Firehouse 6's Facebook page. And yes, Engine-6 is the first piece to have Q, Engine-7's new rig will also have one, she should be in by the end of the year.
Broward County Sheriff Fire Rescue

City of Dania Beach

Quint-93

2010 Pierce Velocity 1500/500/75'

[Image: BrowardSheriffQ931280x768.jpg]
Dania Beachs Quint is beautiful! I see it a few times on mutual aid calls and I wish I was on it!
[quote name='FIREPIX21' timestamp='1316465967' post='457374']

Alex,

She's loaded!!! Pictures of inside the compartments and crane are posted on Miami Firehouse 6's Facebook page. And yes, Engine-6 is the first piece to have Q, Engine-7's new rig will also have one, she should be in by the end of the year.

[/quote]

Tried to find them on Facebook. Do you have the address or what it's listed under?
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Miami-Fir...8601050238
[quote name='FIREPIX21' timestamp='1316467901' post='457379']

Broward County Sheriff Fire Rescue

City of Dania Beach

Quint-93

2010 Pierce Velocity 1500/500/75'

[Image: BrowardSheriffQ931280x768.jpg]

[/quote]

So dare I ask...what is the unit staffing now? Q93, R93 @ Station 93? And E1, R1 @ Station 1?