Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Messer Photos
From what everyone told me, the Caldwell County powers-that-be are more intrigued to buying used medium-duty ambulances off GovDeals rather than buying new ambulances. That explains all these Illinois ambulances running all over the County...

Caldwell EMS, NC "Medic 16"

2000's IHC 4300/Wheeled Coach

ALS Ambulance

X: ???, IL

Andrew Messer Photo (2011)

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

The on-duty shift supervisor drives around in this unit. There are also two other QRV's floating around the county, both of which are early 2000's Ford F-350's with camper shells much like this one.

Caldwell EMS, NC "Medic 1"

2000's Chevrolet 3500/A.R.E.

ALS QRV

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

This is a terrible photo, but here is Lenoir FD's newest acquisition. They got this ambulance used from Hudson, NC.

Lenoir, NC "Rescue 10"

1996 Chevrolet 3500/AEV

BLS/ALS Ambulance

S/N # VOC624

X: Hudson, NC "158"

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Valmead lost a truck in an MVA rollover this past winter. The truck turned over and landed in an icy river/stream from what I understand. They bought this engine from Anchor Richey EVS-Piece of Junk (long story, ask and I'll tell) who recently became an ALF dealer for NC.

Valmead, NC "453"

2002 Freightliner M2/2004 American LaFrance

1250/1000

(unable to find any Reg. # on the truck)

X: ALF Demo

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

I just happened upon Lovelady Rescue Squad and stopped in to get their latest delivery. A few months ago, they went to Michigan and drove this used heavy rescue truck all the way back to NC. The truck seems to be serving them very well so far!

Lovelady RS, NC "9045"

1997 HME 1871-SFO/2000 Hackney

Heavy Rescue

S/N # 00F02033

X: Otsego County EMS/RS/HAZMAT, MI "821"

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

After leaving Lovelady RS, I came upon quite possibly the most amazing discovery of my life. I'll keep the name and location of this collection private, in case the owner doesn't want everyone to know the trucks are there. But the owner of these trucks was nice enough to guide me through his entire private collection, with the exception of about a dozen or so more that were outside, and we didn't have enough time to see them all. Keep in mind, these pics were taken inside a building, so they won't be perfect, but look at their quality, how well kept and restored they are! Without any further, sit back and enjoy a stroll down memory lane...

Hickory, NC "X Ladder 2"

1948 ALF 7-65-AO

65' ALF

Reg. # L-3691

SOLD to P/O

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

This truck is still used each year during Lenoir's Christmas Parade as the vehicle to haul Santa Claus on! Each of the trucks you're about to see, including the previous Hickory ladder, are in full, running order! They are routinely cranked, and often operated and driven!

Lenoir, NC "X Ladder 3"

1934 AFL Type 307 Quad

???/??/Ground Ladders

Reg. # 7513

SOLD to P/O

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

How I wished Micah (BFD1151) could have been with me on this mission. The next two trucks you'll see are trucks that formerly ran with Burnsville FD, the FD he is a volunteer member of! They have been searching for these rigs off and on for years now. I'm just glad to see the two old gals are safe and secure, and in better than showroom condition after a long service life!

The last track BFD had of this truck, it was sold by them in the late 1990's to a man in Morganton, NC, who planned to use it as a work vehicle on some sort of tree farm. Apparently, the man later contacted the current owner and offered the truck for sale to him. They bought it and made it a part of the collection, where it still sits today!

Burnsville, NC "X 1108"

1955 GMC 630/TASC (my first TASC!!)

750/500

S/N # 131

X: Mount Tabor, NJ "Engine 611"

SOLD to P/O

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Burnsville FD ran this engine for many years as well. The last time anybody remembers this truck, they had been having some engine troubles with it. They were driving the truck to get it repaired in Buncombe County, NC. They made it to Woodfin, NC and the engine blew. Everyone assumed from there, it was sold to a scrap yard somewhere. Somehow the current owner purchased it not too long after the engine blew. They brought it back to their place, fixed it up, and now it runs strong again! What an awesome find...

Burnsville, NC "X 1107"

1964 Mack C95F

1000/500

Cha. # 1254

X: Cedar Knolls, NJ

SOLD to P/O

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

This beautifully restored ALF once ran in Lenoir, NC as Engine 2.

Lenoir, NC "X Engine 2"

1945 ALF 775-PJO

750/???

Reg. # L-3445

SOLD to P/O

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

If you'll look over the hood of the ALF, you'll see an open-cab Ford Big Job/Oren w/ a Pirsch refurb. My pen & notebook got ahead of my camera once again, and I forgot to shoot this one. Thankfully I'll be going back to this location sometime soon to finish shooting the collection...I'll get it then! But until then, maybe someone can help identify it?

RELIC: Unknown

1952 Ford BigJob F-8/Oren/Peter Pirsch & Sons refurb

???/???

(no S/N plates found anywhere)

X: ???

SOLD to P/O

NO PHOTO...yet
Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

This truck is currently undergoing restoration. Just look at the details they are putting into this truck! Even the designs on the tire rims have been meticulously hand-painted to match the original paint scheme.

Hickory, NC "X Engine 1"

1914 ALF Type 10

???/???

Reg. # 484

SOLD to P/O

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

This was another of their most recent projects. Just look how well this truck turned out! The owner has before and after shots of almost every truck in the collection, and to see this one before restoration, wow. This truck was in sad shape. It looked like it had sat outside for several decades. Just look at it now...

Inter-County VFD of Woodville, (NC possibly??)

1941 Ford/General Fire Apparatus of Detroit

???/???

No S/N #

SOLD to P/O

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Rossville, IL "X Engine"

1936 Ford/General

???/???

No S/N # Found

SOLD to P/O

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

This was another first, I'd never heard of a Nash fire truck before. The owner told me that Nash built a lot of military trucks back in the early 1900's. Guess there's a first time for everything! The owner bought it off of a farmer's wife in Taylorsville, NC. The farmer had owned it for years with intentions to restore it. It had sat underneath a shed for quite some time. The farmer then passed away and the truck was left to his wife. She continued to let it set under the shed until she eventually called the current owner and asked if he'd be interested in buying it. Just wish we knew where this one once served...

1918 Nash/Peter Pirsch & Sons

(no pump)

(no S/N # found, tag was too faded & worn)

SOLD to P/O

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

This one was in incredible shape. The only thing left to do on this one was to re-upholster the seat and get the lettering put back on it. The owner said that they had been looking for an upholsterer to work on the seat for a while now.

Statesville, NC "X Engine"

1923 ALF Type 45

???/???

Reg. # 4335

SOLD to P/O

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

The owner said this one was from Illinois as well, but the only Sadsburyville FC #1 I can find is in PA...

Sadsburyville Fire Co. #1 of Chester County, PA "X Engine"

1938 Ford/???

???/???

S/N # ???

SOLD to P/O

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Here's another local rig! This truck once served the Sugar Loaf VFD of Alexander County, NC. The former home was still somewhat visible underneath the Sugar Loaf lettering, but I couldn't exactly make out what it said. Maybe some of you can help me...

Sugar Loaf, NC "X 365"

1959 Ford Big Job F-750/Howe HRS-3

500/500

S/N # 10120

X: ???

SOLD to P/O

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

This one won the farthest travelled award. Somehow the current owner ended up with this truck from Wisconsin. I knew Waterous was obviously a pump manufacturer, but I never realized they made entire fire trucks back then.

Fond du Lac, WI "X Engine"

1921 Ford Model T/Waterous

???/???

S/N # ???

SOLD to P/O

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

I'm getting the impression that the owner likes old classic Ford fire trucks... He had quite a few of them!

Galax, VA "X Engine"

1938 Ford/Oren (Roanoke Welding & Equipment)

???/???

S/N # R.W.&E.144

SOLD to P/O

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823