Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
This & That from Here & There
Here's the last rig from Friday. Five minutes out of town, the bottom dropped out and it poured the rest of the day.

Rescue 1741, Community FC, New Tripoli, PA

2010 Pierce Impel

Heavy Rescue

60 gallons CAFS system

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Does New Tripoli still have the X Military brush truck?
John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
[quote name='countryboy88' timestamp='1318293713' post='460032']

Does New Tripoli still have the X Military brush truck?

[/quote]

Yes, they keep it at another station.
Saturday was the PA State Convention parade in Lake Harmony. I arrived in the area early and scoped out the parade route, which was a narrow, two lane road through the woods. There were only a few spots that one could shoot the rigs without shadows. The skies were overcast, so daylight was very limited on most of the route. I found out that the judging area was a few miles away at the Pocono Raceway. When I got there, I met up with a small group of guys who were there for the same thing I was. As many as eight photographers were there before it was over.

I won't post everything that I shot here, which was upwards of 100 apparatus. There were more rigs than that, but they were ones I already have. The unfortunate things was that there wasn't an opportunity to get specs on anything. I have been able to find out the info for most of the rigs I shot. The ones I'm posting are ones that I have limited or no info on, and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

First up is this Canteen from the North Penn Goodwill Services in Souderton, on a Freightliner chassis. Any ideas on the year and bodybuilder?

American Fore Company #1 in Lansford operates this Ford F-700 as a brush truck. I'm looking for the year and capacities.

I have no info on this KME from Mahoning Valley.

This International brush truck once served Manchester, MD. I believe it is owned by the same guy who owns the 1968 Hahn from Manchester. Looking for the year and capacities.

I also need info on this KME Excel pumper from Penn Forest Township #2.

Pocono Mountain brought two rigs. I need all info on Engine 5's Sutphen.

They also brought this Peterbilt tanker. Complete info needed.

I have nothing on this little GMC pumper, which I believe is collector owned. Is this even a PA truck?

An older KME Renegade, Engine 1312 from New Columbus, PA. This one seems familiar, like maybe someone else had it first, but I can't place it.

Engine 51 or Rescue 1 from Hauto, a Pierce Lance. I've been told that this was a Las Vegas rig.

[quote name='GA_Dave' timestamp='1318437901' post='460178']Pocono Mountain brought two rigs. I need all info on Engine 5's Sutphen.[/quote]2011 sutphen 2000/1000/30a they also have an exact twin to this engine they run that one as engine 4
Based on the crosslays, I can only guess that this is a rescue pumper from Tinicum Township. There website was no additional help, didn't even list who built it.

[quote name='GA_Dave' timestamp='1318438257' post='460181']An older KME Renegade, Engine 1312 from New Columbus, PA. This one seems familiar, like maybe someone else had it first, but I can't place it.[/quote]they purchased it brand new.
Engine 33's Pierce Velocity 1500 GPM from Centree Square. Need year and tank size.

[quote name='GA_Dave' timestamp='1318437997' post='460179']They also brought this Peterbilt tanker. Complete info needed.[/quote]2003 peterbuilt/s&s 750/3800
The last one is this KME pumper from Norristown, Engine 27-2. Their website shows that Engine 27 has a twin. They give no info for either.

[quote name='GA_Dave' timestamp='1318438093' post='460180']I have nothing on this little GMC pumper, which I believe is collector owned. Is this even a PA truck?[/quote]it is privately owned by mike reese and it is a 1951 gmc/luverne 500/500 x-ashton,iowa