Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Of Conneticut
milford engine 5

Attached Files Image(s)

milford ladder 1

Attached Files Image(s)

Squad 4 in Kensington was this 1993 E\-One Cyclone with 1500 gpm/ 500 water/ 100 foam. Glider-kit? It was originally a 1975 Mack CF. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Squad A in Norwich was a 1995 E\-One Cyclone with 1500 gpm/ 750 gwt. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

Engine 8 (Rescue) in New Haven operated a 1995 Pierce Lance, 1250 gpm/ 500 water. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

Rescue 200 in Long Hill was this 1989 Pierce Lance with 1500 gpm/ 1000 water. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

Rescue 300 in Nichols once operated this heavy loaden 1974 Ford F with Bean body, 250 gpm/ 300 water. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

Rescue 27 from Gales Ferry was a 1978 GMC with E\-One body, 250 gpm/ 250 water. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

Engine 1 in Torrington once operated this unique rebuilt. It is a 1967 Mack C with Ranger bodywork from 1990, 1000 gpm/ 500 water. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

[quote name='kieferfire' timestamp='1319380524' post='461335']

Rescue 200 in Long Hill was this 1989 Pierce Lance with 1500 gpm/ 1000 water. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.[/quote]

I beleive Long Hill still has this rig to use as a spare engine / rescue for the department. I am not sure though.

[quote name='kieferfire' timestamp='1319380408' post='461334']

Engine 8 (Rescue) in New Haven operated a 1995 Pierce Lance, 1250 gpm/ 500 water. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.[/quote]

Was re-assgined as Squad 1 back in the early 2000 with the organization of Squad 1 and Squad 2. Squad 1 is housed with Engine 8. Engine 8 operated with a spare Pierce Arrow pumper that saw service as Engine 6 or 10 and later used a 1995 Pierce Dash which I believe was formally Engine 15. Engine 8 received a new Pierce Quantum which was assigned to Engine 5 for a few months while their quint was out for refurbishment. This rig served as Squad 1 until about two / three years ago when it was replaced with a new Pierce Lance rescue pumper. This rig was transferred over to Squad 2 at that time and now will be placed as a reserve squad upon the placing in service of Squad 2's new Arrow XT rescue pumper.

[quote name='kieferfire' timestamp='1319380305' post='461332']

Squad A in Norwich was a 1995 E\-One Cyclone with 1500 gpm/ 750 gwt. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.[/quote]

Still in service as Squad A in Norwich
[quote name='IzzyEng4' timestamp='1319560718' post='461508']

I beleive Long Hill still has this rig to use as a spare engine / rescue for the department. I am not sure though.

Was re-assgined as Squad 1 back in the early 2000 with the organization of Squad 1 and Squad 2. Squad 1 is housed with Engine 8. Engine 8 operated with a spare Pierce Arrow pumper that saw service as Engine 6 or 10 and later used a 1995 Pierce Dash which I believe was formally Engine 15. Engine 8 received a new Pierce Quantum which was assigned to Engine 5 for a few months while their quint was out for refurbishment. This rig served as Squad 1 until about two / three years ago when it was replaced with a new Pierce Lance rescue pumper. This rig was transferred over to Squad 2 at that time and now will be placed as a reserve squad upon the placing in service of Squad 2's new Arrow XT rescue pumper.

Still in service as Squad A in Norwich

[/quote]

Squad A in Norwich is a 2001 Inferno
Izzy....firenews.org lists Eng 8 in New Haven as being taken out of service for budgetary reason.....
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
TNT.... There is talk that eventually E-8 will be taken off duty and replaced with a Emergency Unit ( Paramedic Unit ). The apparatus in the picture is now running as Squad 2 and E-8 runs with a Pierce Quantum.
here's where i got my info....

http://www.firenews.org/ct/ctno.html#NEWHAVEN
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
[quote name='kieferfire' timestamp='1319380895' post='461339']

Engine 1 in Torrington once operated this unique rebuilt. It is a 1967 Mack C with Ranger bodywork from 1990, 1000 gpm/ 500 water. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

[/quote]

This was on the parade circuit for a little while back around 2003 or 04, haven't seen it since.
Ed Harvey

[url="http://www.fireservicephotography.com/"][size=2]Fire Service Photography[/url][/size]

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

All fires will go out; and all bleeding will stop - eventually.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/people/Ed-Harvey/116300270"]My Facebook Page[/url]
Thanks for the updates.

Here are some rescue-truck from Connecticut, all built by Ranger Fire Apparatus.

Rescue 9 in Collinsville was a 1979 GMC 7000 4x4 with Ranger body. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

Rescue 9 in Chester operated a 1984 International Cargostar/Ranger. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

Haddam Rescue 5 was a 1989 Ford C 8000/Ranger. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

Middlefield Rescue 4 was another Ford C 8000/Ranger combination. It was built in 1988. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.

Rescue 1 in Portland operated this 1987 International S 2674 with Ranger body. Mark A.Redman photo - Juergen Kiefer collection.