Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pacific Northwest
Eastside Fire Rescue's Brand New North Bend, WA Station 87.

All of the fire suppression units (Ladder, Engine, & Tanker) are crossed staffed, with the Ladder being the primary unit. For some reason, the Brush Truck is designated as an Engine. There is a Bellevue Medic One Unit staffed at this station (Medic 3) because Eastside Fire Rescue does not have a Medic One program, just an Aid Unit that is occasionally staffed by volunteers at this station.

[Image: 9618774526_80d61806fa_c.jpg]

Ladder 87 E\-One Quest 50' Teleboom

[Image: 9615523083_6e82da14ba_c.jpg]

Engine 87 International / Placer Fire Equipment Brush Truck

[Image: 9615516375_e2c970aeb0_c.jpg]

Aid 87 Staffed by Volunteers

[Image: 9618756500_3f97322734_c.jpg]

Tanker 87 Autocar (unknown body mfg)

[Image: 9615511545_881180b91e_c.jpg]
Quote:Eastside Fire Rescue's Brand New North Bend, WA Station 87.

All of the fire suppression units (Ladder, Engine, & Tanker) are crossed staffed, with the Ladder being the primary unit. For some reason, the Brush Truck is designated as an Engine. There is a Bellevue Medic One Unit staffed at this station (Medic 3) because Eastside Fire Rescue does not have a Medic One program, just an Aid Unit that is occasionally staffed by volunteers at this station.

[Image: 9618774526_80d61806fa_c.jpg]

Ladder 87 E-one Quest 50' Teleboom

[Image: 9615523083_6e82da14ba_c.jpg]

Engine 87 International / Placer Fire Equipment Brush Truck

[Image: 9615516375_e2c970aeb0_c.jpg]

Aid 87 Staffed by Volunteers

[Image: 9618756500_3f97322734_c.jpg]

Tanker 87 Autocar (unknown body mfg)

[Image: 9615511545_881180b91e_c.jpg]

I'd say the tanker looks like Westates bodywork...  Not certain, though.
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
I photographed this Autocar tanker when it was still King County District 10 T-211, and it is a 1988 Autocar with body and tank by Firehorse. Had a 500 GPM pump,2500gallon water tank, 50 gallon class A and 80 gallon B foam tanks, but that was a long time ago!

Quote:I photographed this Autocar tanker when it was still King County District 10 T-211, and it is a 1988 Autocar with body and tank by Firehorse. Had a 500 GPM pump,2500gallon water tank, 50 gallon class A and 80 gallon B foam tanks, but that was a long time ago!
Good catch - I knew there was another company whose tankers looked like Westates, but couldn't come up with the name.
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
Holy cow!  What a beautiful background just right out the back door!  Sure beats the flatlands!  Any pics of the new station?

The newest in service engine for Eastside Fire & Rescue E 88, serving

King County Fire District 38 from Volunteer Station Wilderness Rim.

43204 SE 172nd

North Bend
WA

2011?  Spartan ERV chassis

Body work by H&W Pacific

***UPDATE***

Spartan ERV Commercial pumper

Classic Series, "Fire Ranger MPX" CAFS PUMPER

International 7400 SFA 4X4 Work Star Chassis

with body work by Spartan ERV.

Sold by H&W Pacific, Marysville, WA

1250 GPM Hale DSD Pump

750 gal water tank

20 gal foam

Pro 2001 Foam System

CAFS

MAXXFORCE 9 330 HP Engine

Allison 3000 EVS Transmission

H&W Pacific is now known as  

<span style="color:rgb(0,32,96);font-family:'Times New Roman', serif;">True North Emergency Equipment

</span>

Bob Lukas Photos

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

And the right side.

Bob Lukas Photos

Bob- I noticed the Pierce TDA under construction is numbered for L12, at least according to the "under construction" pics on Hughes' website. Do you know which Ladder Company is going to be getting the Pierce TDA that is currently at L12? Thanks.

Quote:Bob- I noticed the Pierce TDA under construction is numbered for L12, at least according to the "under construction" pics on Hughes' website. Do you know which Ladder Company is going to be getting the Pierce TDA that is currently at L12? Thanks.
It's very strange to see the construction photo with 12 painted on the stick since L12 already has their new rig.  I have no explanation for it.  The next Pierce TDA for the Seattle Fire Department (
JOB
#26693) was originally scheduled to go to L7.  However because of the continuing problems with L11's Crimson TDA, (formally assigned to L1) there has been talk about assigning the next one to L11 until a fix is worked out.  Stay tuned.

The newest engine for Eastside Fire & Rescue will be assigned to

Carnation E85, and will replace an E\-One pumper equipped with a 50 foot teleboom.  

EFR Carnation E85

2012 E\-One Quest  s/n 137245

1500X500 CAFS

Bob Lukas Photos

Last one

Boy that new station is beautiful.  We're just now considering a new facility and looking at what others have done, if anyone has info about this one I'd love to have it.  Sadly our budget will be limited, but we can always steal some ideas of others and try to do them on the cheap.
Quote:The newest in service engine for Eastside Fire & Rescue E 88, serving

43204 SE 172nd

North Bend
WA

Body work by H&W Pacific

Bob Lukas Photos

Great Catch Bob!  Are you on Flickr at all? I'd love to have these added to my Eastside Group!

Quote: 

Great Catch Bob!  Are you on Flickr at all? I'd love to have these added to my Eastside Group!

I sent you a PM
Quote:The newest in service engine for Eastside Fire & Rescue E 88, serving

43204 SE 172nd

North Bend
WA

Body work by H&W Pacific

Bob Lukas Photos

That is an International Workstar Chassis, not a Spartan

Quote:That is an International Workstar Chassis, not a Spartan
Thanks for the heads up.

I just spoke with the friendly staff at H&W Pacific, and updated the post with the information they provided.
on pic #1148 [ the old KW tiller ], am I seeing something that isnt really there ? Right behind the stabilizers, Im kinda seeing what may be a compartment door or a half door to an area where a crew member may stand [ kind of like the old telephone booth rear mounts of FDNY ]. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Thanks in advance !

You are correct. Back when the KWs were in service, SFD staffed their ladders with 5, so 1 FF rode on each side of the trailer in those compartments. Initially they didn't have a door and were completely exposed.

On the mid mount KW/Maxims, three FFs stood directly behind the cab and hung on for dear life. I remember seeing one driving on the freeway when I was a kid and thinking about how dangerous that was, especially given that in the suburbs where I lived everybody had stopped riding like that years before.
Right on, thanks for clarifying that!