Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Keystone State Relics
[quote name='Chester911' timestamp='1324154226' post='467595']

Your killing me here Frank!

QUICK: Grab the name plate. Where/when was this at?

[/quote]

I posted that for you. Up state Pa I have to ask Dave Evans (CLAMFA member) I wish we still had the Hamerly thread.

Hey is the above post #8537 Greenwood village a Hamerly?

The 4x6 photo was better than the scan, for some reason the negative scans come out a lot better than the photos with my Epsom scanner.
I'm pretty sure Greenwood Village was built by Doerr Bro's, but I'd have to look at my slide at home.
[quote name='Wing1223' timestamp='1323099891' post='466131']

SOUTH STRABANE TWP WASHINGTON CO, Engine 372

[/quote]

I have it as a 1977 Kenworth W 900 / JACO, 1500 gpm/ 1800 water.

Photo taken obviously after the tanker-rehab

John Schmidt photo

Juergen

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='Frank B' timestamp='1324191586' post='467632']

I posted that for you. Up state Pa I have to ask Dave Evans (CLAMFA member) I wish we still had the Hamerly thread.

Hey is the above post #8537 Greenwood village a Hamerly?

The 4x6 photo was better than the scan, for some reason the negative scans come out a lot better than the photos with my Epsom scanner.

[/quote]

Looks like they stole a Hamerly paint sceme but not Hamerly Produced
[quote name='Chester911' timestamp='1324228206' post='467692']

Looks like they stole a Hamerly paint sceme but not Hamerly Produced[/quote]

No I think the body paint lines just follow the Cab lines. The cab is a stock KW paint sceme.
GLASSPORT PA

[quote name='Wing1223' timestamp='1324249449' post='467754']

GLASSPORT PA

[/quote]

I believe that would be the former Vigilant Fire Co.1 in East McKeesport, PA. I believe it closed in the late 80's or early 90's.
[quote name='194FireGuy' timestamp='1324255482' post='467790']

I believe that would be the former Vigilant Fire Co.1 in East McKeesport, PA. I believe it closed in the late 80's or early 90's.[/quote]

SORRY YES YOUR CORRECT.

1961 Ford C / John Bean Rescue 35 Schaefferstown with at high pressure John Bean Pump

and 500gpm pump 1000gal tank and hydraulic tools. Referb'd numerous times through it's career

and later sold to the Kutztown Fire Company Lebanon County but never placed in service.

Same apparatus as previous. But as Kutztown Fire Co. Lebanon County Attack 32

Newmanstown, Lebanon County First attempt at entering the Rescue community with

this apparatus purchased from the midwest. Built by Hurst, it had a hurst rescue system in it.

along with a pump and foam tank. Once Wernerville's Rescue was purchased, this apparatus was converted to an Attack piece. Truck was sold in early 2000's.

Quentin Fire company Lebanon County once ran this 1976 Chevy / Boyertown Squad Cascade truck

as Squad 37.

This apparatus has a very diverse history. First as the Origininal Rescue 202 in Lebanon County with the old Independent First Aid Unit and one of Lebanon Counties first Dedicated Rescue Trucks, this was later sold to the Independent fire Co. of Lebanon City as the City Fire Departments First Dedicated Rescue. Then Sold to West Lebanon Twp. and used as a Squad Unit. Then Sold once more to and company outside of the County.

This Tanker formerly served as Tanker 40, Mt Zion Fire Co. Lebanon County.

1970 Brockway / Progress with at 2250gal tank.

And This Engine Orginally started life as Lebanon City Engine 19 Liberty Fire Company. Sold to

Camp Strause Lebanon County, Once they bought their New PT, it was sold to a private collector.

A Lebanon City Firefighter who is referb'n it to orginal 1969 condition.

[quote name='VipAG8' timestamp='1324263227' post='467826']This apparatus has a very diverse history. First as the Origininal Rescue 202 in Lebanon County with the old Independent First Aid Unit and one of Lebanon Counties first Dedicated Rescue Trucks, this was later sold to the Independent fire Co. of Lebanon City as the City Fire Departments First Dedicated Rescue. Then Sold to West Lebanon Twp. and used as a Squad Unit. Then Sold once more to and company outside of the County.[/quote]sold to the shickshinny fire dept (Luzerne county,pa) it is going to be replaced soon with a KME.
[quote name='VipAG8' timestamp='1324262873' post='467823']

Newmanstown, Lebanon County First attempt at entering the Rescue community with

this apparatus purchased from the midwest. Built by Hurst, it had a hurst rescue system in it.

along with a pump and foam tank. Once Wernerville's Rescue was purchased, this apparatus was converted to an Attack piece. Truck was sold in early 2000's.

[/quote]

The "big" round red light on the roof of the box on Newmanstown's Rescue; Does anyone know what the make and model of light that is? I've seen them on a handful of older rigs but no one can ever tell me who made them.

Thanks in advance!
The Red light on the top of the box was actually the top of the light tower that extended straight up on

a hydraulic piston. It had a 1000w light on each side forming a box that provided light on all sides when

up. As far as the make, I don't know?
[quote name='194FireGuy' timestamp='1324255482' post='467790']

I believe that would be the former Vigilant Fire Co.1 in East McKeesport, PA. I believe it closed in the late 80's or early 90's.

[/quote]

Early 80's. I wanna say 1983-1984
[quote name='theunknowncomic' timestamp='1324288406' post='467843']

sold to the shickshinny fire dept (Luzerne county,pa) it is going to be replaced soon with a KME.

[/quote]

currrently FOR SALE
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa