Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics

This 1981 Ford/Saulsbury rescue. It served Homer City Indiana County. Has at least a 10,000 watt Onan generator and a front winch. For sale. Not in bad shape.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
Any shots of that tiller in the background?
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06

I believe 1982 American LaFrance Century tiller. Ex. West Newton, Westmoreland County. I forget where they acquired it from. Currently for sale.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
[quote name='OPEN CAB MACK' timestamp='1327409163' post='472382']

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=86398]

I believe 1982 American LaFrance Century tiller. Ex. West Newton, Westmoreland County. I forget where they acquired it from. Currently for sale.

[/quote]old lycoming twp,pa
[quote name='OPEN CAB MACK' timestamp='1327409163' post='472382']

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=86398]

[/quote]

Ahh the magic words.................It'll be in Bain172's front yard by next week, if it takes that long.
[quote name='theunknowncomic' timestamp='1327439260' post='472400'] old lycoming twp,pa [/quote]

The tiller started out in Philadelphia as Ladder 9 or Ladder 25 and the truck is a 1975 ALF Century, Philly only had two Century Series tillers. It was then sold to Old Lycoming Twp,PA and served there until the late 90's when sold to West Newton,Pa.
[quote name='paganores10cue' timestamp='1326818063' post='471644']

Just found this Pierce/LTI on Wellington Rd. in Prince William County VA, none of the markings can be made out other than Tower 1.

[/quote]

that is NOT an LTI aerial device. Looks like a 105' Steeldraulics platform that was built in the Lancaster PA aerial plant in the late 80's after Pierce stopped using LTI and before they built there own platforms in WI.
Silly me...it had an LTI plate on it!
[color="#CC0000"]Young: The Cadillac Of Fire Apparatus.

Andy Pagano[/color]
ALLEGHENY COUNTY FIRE DEPT. PITTSBURGH INT.AIRPORT.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

what happened to that???
Looks like it met with a ditch or something and twisted in ways it was NOT designed too... SAD VERY SAD!
FELL OFF THE RUNWAY IN TO A CONSTRUCTION AREA IS WHAT I WAS TOLD WHEN I TOOK THE SHOT.
EX-Tarrytown, NY Utility 61

1992/2005 International/Hackney

sitting in Brookfield Auto Wreckers in Elmsford, NY

[quote name='smketrfdny' timestamp='1327156403' post='472129']

This KW/Oren. How old is this photo and where is the rig located? My President is actually interested in maybe getting it back. Can you send me a pic for him to see, please? I remember discussion on 'stealing' pics and want to at least respect that. Thanks in advance.

Stay safe, Brothers.

[/quote]Its located in the JC Holland Landfill in Suffolk,VA and the pic was taken last fall.Send me your email Ill get you copy out.

Trey
Trey White
[quote name='treywhite' timestamp='1330106860' post='475778']

Its located in the JC Holland Landfill in Suffolk,VA and the pic was taken last fall.Send me your email Ill get you copy out.

Trey

[/quote]

smketrfdny@aol.com. thanks, Brother.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
1976 (?) Seagrave former Reno, NV. Only information I can locate in the cab is the DOD sticker which has the # T-76200. The truck is pictured to the rear of the Riviera Bch VFC in Pasadena, MD. Rig is owned by a member of the fire company. Anne Arundel County has given the fire company permission to use the truck for training purposes only. RBVFC is expecting delivery of a new Seagrave ladder truck this spring.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Ted' timestamp='1330802038' post='476507']

1976 (?) Seagrave former Reno, NV. Only information I can locate in the cab is the DOD sticker which has the # T-76200. The truck is pictured to the rear of the Riviera Bch VFC in Pasadena, MD. Rig is owned by a member of the fire company. Anne Arundel County has given the fire company permission to use the truck for training purposes only. RBVFC is expecting delivery of a new Seagrave ladder truck this spring.

[/quote]

I believe that this is a mid-80's model year, judging by the H model cab. Perhaps '87 or '88.
[quote name='grc063' timestamp='1330812504' post='476528']

I believe that this is a mid-80's model year, judging by the H model cab. Perhaps '87 or '88.

[/quote]

These are/were listed for sale on the SPAAMFAA site. The ad reads:

FOR SALE: 2 - 1986 Seagrave 100 foot tractor drawn aerials. Model HT-08DH. Just coming out of service from the Reno (NV) FD where they have been in reserve and training status for several years. One rig was featured (cover shot) in the Fire Apparatus Journal March-April 1999 issue. Asking $7500 each. For more info contact Bill Austin, tele. 775.972.6621. (10-11-11 - - 11-95)
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
EX-Darien, CT PD Truck1

located in Bedford Hills, NY in a storage lot previously used by Mutual Aid Americas

1989 Amertek 1000/660

Ex- Camp Atterbury, (Johnson County) Indiana.

used on US Army Reserve base. In the same lot in Bedford Hills, NY