Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
This & That from Here & There
Quote:He's probably seen it before, but I left the house siren in this shot for Mr. Fritz!

Tanker 26, Picture Rocks, PA

19?? Chevy T-65/Boyer

750/1250
Just catching up to this now, thanks a lot Dave... it is like a nice little surprise when a house siren is in a fire truck picture!!!
   If you read Mark Carr's thread, you already know that four of us recently got together for several days of apparatus photography.  The first three days were in the Metro Atlanta area, before moving north to Mark's area for a couple more days.  On the first day, Jim Kus, Ron Arnow and I visited 16 stations in Hapeville, East Point, Atlanta, Fulton County, College Park, and Union City.  A total of 33 apparatus were posed for photos.  Since this is my home area, I shot very few of them, only getting new rigs or better shots of older ones.

Aerial 1, Hapeville, GA

1986 Sutphen

1500/200/100'+

HS-1990

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ladder 1, East Point, GA

2014 KME Predator SS

0/0/100'

GSO-9264

MDU-11, Fulton County, GA

2013 Freightliner M2/ACSI

Mass Decon Unit

Ladder 7, Fulton County, GA (x-Ladder 2)

1998 Spartan/Ladder Towers, Inc

0/0/100'

Engine 2, Union City, GA

2007 Pierce Dash 2000

1500/460/40F/75'

Quote:   If you read Mark Carr's thread, you already know that four of us recently got together for several days of apparatus photography.  The first three days were in the Metro Atlanta area, before moving north to Mark's area for a couple more days.  On the first day, Jim Kus, Ron Arnow and I visited 16 stations in Hapeville, East Point, Atlanta, Fulton County, College Park, and Union City.  A total of 33 apparatus were posed for photos.  Since this is my home area, I shot very few of them, only getting new rigs or better shots of older ones.

Aerial 1, Hapeville, GA

1986 Sutphen

1500/200/100'+

HS-1990
Wow.... Two Electronics AND a Q....AWESOME!!
   On Saturday, Mark Carr joined us and we began at the airport, hitting three stations.  Jim wasn't feeling well, so we dropped him off at the hotel and pushed on.  Totals for the day were 12 stations in Atlanta, DeKlalb County, Sandy Springs, Roswell and Alpharetta, with 40 apparatus posed for photos.  I did a bit better that day, adding 13 to my collection.  Mark has already posted the Saturday rigs in his thread.

Sunday was back to Ron, Jim and I.  The plan was to cover Cobb County and drive up to Mark's place for the night.  We covered 15 Stations in Cobb County, Austell, Smyrna, Marietta and Canton, plus we found another pumper sitting in a shopping center in Jasper, for a total of 30 apparatus.  Most were repeats for me, but I did get a few improved shots of some I already had.

Rescue 1, Cobb County, GA

2009 Ford F-450/Freedom Fire Apparatus

Air 30, Cobb County, GA

2012 Ford F-350/Custom Works

Engine 14, Cobb County, GA

2006 Pierce Dash 2000

1500/750/20F

#18075-02

GSAR-4, Cobb County, GA

2004 Rosenbauer Commander AT/General Safety

Decon 8, Cobb County, GA

2013 Freightliner M2/ACSI

Mass Decontamination Unit

Quote:Air 30, Cobb County, GA

2012 Ford F-350/Freedom Fire Apparatus
I was thinking those were Custom Works, I know the last few have been.
Quote:I was thinking those were Custom Works, I know the last few have been.
CW usually puts their little nameplate on their rigs, but this one had no identification.  The guys at Station 30 told me they thought it was the same builder as the rescue, which was Freedom Fire.
Quote:CW usually puts their little nameplate on their rigs, but this one had no identification.  The guys at Station 30 told me they thought it was the same builder as the rescue, which was Freedom Fire.
You may be right. I know the last few rescues and stuff were Custom Works.
Quote:You may be right. I know the last few rescues and stuff were Custom Works.
Okay, I called the guy in charge of apparatus specs and found out.  It was built by Custom Works.  Corrections made.  Thanks!
Truck 8, Cobb County, GA

2002 Sutphen SP-100

1500/400/100'

HS-3558

Haz Mat 8, Cobb County, GA

2006 Spartan/Hackney

Our last shot for the day was found sitting in a shopping center parking lot.  Some quick work with a chain saw would have made this a better shot!

Engine 1, Jasper, GA

1997 Spartan/Quality

1500/750

#M-1226

Since Mark has posted all the apparatus from the final two days of our outing, I'll move on to more recent finds.  My buddy Dan was back in town and we hit some stations in Alabama.

Engine 1, Pell City, AL

2013 E\-One Typhoon

1250/530