Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina Fire Stations
No BFD 1151 just reflective signs made for us. Although i could see why you asked. ;-)
Hendersonville Station 2 under construction.  Sugarloaf Road, from Four Seasons Boulevard/Chimney Rock Road, less than 2 miles north of I-26, Exit 49. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Banner Elk FD Station 2 in Avery County

Attached Files Image(s)

Green Valley FD in Avery County

Attached Files Image(s)

Hankins North Fork FD in McDowell County

Attached Files Image(s)

Parkway FD Station 1 in Mitchell County

Attached Files Image(s)

Spruce Pine FD in Mitchell County

Attached Files Image(s)

Old Spruce Pine FD in Mitchell County

Attached Files Image(s)

Boone FD Station 3 in Watauga County

Attached Files Image(s)

Bannertown FD Station 75 in Surry County

Attached Files Image(s)

Bannertown FD Station 75A in Surry County

Attached Files Image(s)

CC Camp FD Station 65A in Surry County

Attached Files Image(s)

Four Way FD Station 68 in Surry County

Attached Files Image(s)

Pilot Knob FD in Surry County

Attached Files Image(s)

South Surry FD Station 74 in Surry County

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Asheville FD Fire Investigations
Buncombe County
Formerly Station 4, and closed circa 1973, a 1920's ALF engine was stationed there, along with Asheville's only 600 Series ALF, a 1941 65' aerial. At that time the road was two-lane, and the nose of the aerial had to be brought to the center line before turning in either direction. It was also quite a show to watch it backed into its bay, on the right. This & HQ were the only stations with poles, and the only remnant of the Gamewell alarm system, a repeater, is in this building, named the Harley Shuford Building, in honor of Asheville's first full-time arson investigator, who is a wonderful man. This station responded with HQ to all downtown first alarms, which contributed to its longevity, given that station 7 opened 9/11/58, one mile north. To the right of the station is the funeral home where I served my apprenticeship in 1968. Many's the time I heard the gongs. I listened with a tunable radio, which had no squelch control . . . and was privileged to join their ranks in 1984.

Attached Files Image(s)

I couldn't get the dorm picture to post with the previous, so here it is:

Attached Files Image(s)

Annexed by Asheville in 1927, and now called Biltmore Village, an area just south of downtown Asheville, this is presumably their first fire station, but I don't know where it was built.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Skyland's Station 21-3, the John E. Bishop Station, at the intersection of Concord and Williams Roads.

Attached Files Image(s)

Skyland's Station 21-4, at 7 Valley Springs Road, being built to protect the citizens of Biltmore Forest.

Attached Files Image(s)