Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS Paint Anyone! Fire Apparatus Part III
Awesome. We are looking at one. Trying to design. I will post it with credits when I am done
I put together my take on a late 80's Maxim pumper with a Squrt for a medium sized, financially distressed city. You can see repairs have been made, less the paint job. Not trying to make fun or anything, just felt like doing something a little different. Credits in the drawing.

Ken, I do this all of the time, I just don't ever post it! I like taking trucks apart, making something different, "junking" some, re-furbing others... it's fun. Nice job, that is actually very realistic for some small cities!

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Heres a few more for your viewing pleasure. First up are some Ladder Tenders/Light rescues, whatever you want to call them. They come in lots of different forms out west here, some with pumps, some without, some as full size Type one engines.... Credits To KDWMAEMT, RIEMT, Fyreline, ParamedicIL, JFong, Engine5161, Firemark, Leadfirerescue, FFEMTwakeman,ladder13, EMTChris67 and sclpdexplorer. If I have forgotten anybody, I apologize, please let me know and I will make corrections

And here are a few Aero Chief Ladders. The bottom one is based off one delivered to Phoenix, and the top one to Long Beach, CA, however it was yellow in the delivery picture. . Credits To KDWMAEMT, RIEMT, Fyreline, ParamedicIL, JFong, Engine5161, Firemark, Leadfirerescue, FFEMTwakeman,ladder13, EMTChris67 and sclpdexplorer. If I have forgotten anybody, I apologize, please let me know and I will make corrections

And A Pierce Quantum Ladder . . Credits To KDWMAEMT, RIEMT, Fyreline, ParamedicIL, JFong, Engine5161, Firemark, Leadfirerescue, FFEMTwakeman,ladder13, EMTChris67 and sclpdexplorer. If I have forgotten anybody, I apologize, please let me know and I will make corrections

[quote name='Juice' timestamp='1328661683' post='473941']

Ken, I do this all of the time, I just don't ever post it! I like taking trucks apart, making something different, "junking" some, re-furbing others... it's fun. Nice job, that is actually very realistic for some small cities!

Trav!

[/quote]

Thanks Trav! I've worked on a few engines and trucks where shop repairs like that happened. May not be parade winners, but kept the rigs in service when they were needed most!
Here is station 1 of a fictional FD im working on. Meramec Heights Fire/EMS/Rescue

Engine 1014..Pierce Arrow XT

Tanker 1013..Pierce Arrow XT

Medic 1017.. Spartan Furion/Braun

Credits: Slcpdexplorer, RI EMT, kdwmaemt, Paramedic IL

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Going to post a new drawing and request here.

The drawing is a 2012 KME Panther 95' rearmount tower ladder. Drawn by me with additional credits to RIEMT and Fyreline.

Now the request is simple. Staying with KME, Im looking for just the ladder for a KME 100' rearmount. Ive seen a 75' version before on here but not the 100' version. Their website says the 100' is a 3 section but all the pics Ive seen are of a 4 section 100' unit. Im going to try to do it but I dont have much time, so this request is in an effort to save a lot of time. Thanks.

<p class="bbc_center">Kevin White

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
[quote name='mayer22' timestamp='1326052077' post='470414']

And finally, one I did some extensive work on, Here is Palo Alto CA's retired Oshkosh Van Pelt pumper. I did the cab on my own using some accesories from the board, Now that i've finished up all the drawings I was doing, I'll start on some more for you all. Enjoy, Credits To KDWMAEMT, RIEMT, Fyreline, ParamedicIL, JFong, Engine5161, Firemark, Leadfirerescue, FFEMTwakeman,ladder13, EMTChris67 and sclpdexplorer. If I have forgotten anybody, I apologize, please let me know and I will make corrections.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=85668]

[/quote]

Neat, I can remember seeing this or a similar one in the early 90s. Many departments were using older reserve rigs for wildland use on strike teams. I really wish I'd been more into photographing rigs early in my career. I got to see some neat old trucks in their last years of service before everyone bought purpose designed type 3 engines in the mid to late 90s.
Aaron Woods
[quote name='Aaronw' timestamp='1329786435' post='475459']

Neat, I can remember seeing this or a similar one in the early 90s. Many departments were using older reserve rigs for wildland use on strike teams. I really wish I'd been more into photographing rigs early in my career. I got to see some neat old trucks in their last years of service before everyone bought purpose designed type 3 engines in the mid to late 90s.

[/quote]

That is pretty cool, every once and a while here in R3 you find some classics operating on large incidents, but it is becoming increasingly rare. We don't have the purpose designed type 3's like R5, but most departments are operating reserve apparatus from the early to mid 90's. I've still noticed in the pacific northwest region some older apparatus though, and as dry as things are here in AZ, we may see some out and about this summer!
Monrovia1 had requested a drawing of CA OES Engine 343 operated by the Arcadia Fire Department in the request board. I had drawn the rig for JFong in 2009, so I decided to update the original I did. It included modified colors, lettering, logos, lights and pump panel among other things. I ended up doing all 4 sides of the truck for a 360 degree view, the first I've done that way, so there's probably some imperfections there. Credits to KDWMAEMT, RIEMT, Fyreline, ParamedicIL, JFong, Engine5161, Firemark, Leadfirerescue, FFEMTwakeman,ladder13, EMTChris67 and sclpdexplorer. If I have forgotten anybody, I apologize, please let me know and I will make corrections

Nice job Dave. I always look forward to your stuff. I dont get much time to draw anymore but do some here and there.

Not sure if you have a KME rearmount 100' ladder or not but I dont have the time right now to draw it and Ive seen some great KME apparatus from you, so just wondering if you do have one or not.

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
KDWMAEMT,

I've looked through everything I have and I can't find a KME 100ft ladder. I do however have some KME engineering drawings, and if you give me a few days I will work on a 100ft, 4 section ladder. is it just a ladder or is it a platform?
Here is something I worked up quite awhile ago, It's a smaller surf/dive rescue setup. Credits to ParamedicIL for the trailer. Credits To KDWMAEMT, RIEMT, Fyreline, JFong, Engine5161, Firemark, Leadfirerescue, FFEMTwakeman,ladder13, EMTChris67 and sclpdexplorer. If I have forgotten anybody, I apologize, please let me know and I will make corrections

Here is another one i drew from quite some time ago, It is Los Alamitos, CA's KME engine. I have never seen another KME with a chassis quite like this one with the tear drop shaped side window. I believe it was a Demo for LA County when KME tried the Fireshield concept (designed and geared for brush fires with roll down fire resistant shields inside the cab) in the 90's. Maybe somebody can clarify that for me.

[quote name='mayer22' timestamp='1330120658' post='475783']

Here is something I worked up quite awhile ago, It's a smaller surf/dive rescue setup. Credits to ParamedicIL for the trailer. Credits To KDWMAEMT, RIEMT, Fyreline, JFong, Engine5161, Firemark, Leadfirerescue, FFEMTwakeman,ladder13, EMTChris67 and sclpdexplorer. If I have forgotten anybody, I apologize, please let me know and I will make corrections

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=87732]

[/quote]

Awesome detail. Do you have this in a larger size?
I had also drawn up a generic water rescue unit some time ago. I'm finally getting around to finishing up some stuff that has been sitting around for way too long.

Attached Files Image(s)

No worries Dave. Had an unexpected sick day and spent it drawing a ladder myself. Just havent finished the tip on the fly section because I dont have good enough material to accurately depict it. Feel free to make any necessary changes.

2012 KME Severe Service 100' rearmount Aerialcat. Credit to RIEMT and Fyreline.

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
Okay - I haven't done this before, so comments are appreciated.

I thought I'd start out with my favorite apparatus of all time: Denver Rescue 1's 1983 Mack R/SVI rescue

This is the original configuration of that rescue, prior to the 1990/1991 rehab by SVI. I'll work on that one next.

Credit to fyreline and kdwmaemt for the Mack R cab and Engine 5161/Mayer22/Ladder13 & firemark for the original rescue body.
John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8