Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
How are the new rigs holding up, do the guys and gals like them?
John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
Altough not on FDNY, I am in the fire service and feel awful for you Mike to have a door shut on you like that. Everytime that I've been asked to pull rigs out for photos I'd like to think that I've been kind and gracious enough to both brother and buff alike (and the public too!) Great shots and I've been a great fan of your work/website for a while.

Ps- When I showed my boys the red dog logo on the grill of Engine 254 my oldest said "He looks mad!!". It was pretty funny!
[url="http://www.fentonfire.com/pumpers_1985_and_below/listing.php?lid=4039"]http://www.fentonfire.com/pumpers_1985_and_below/listing.php?lid=4039[/url]

Mike, any idea who has this rig or the MP number?? It does not give the town, I am thinking New England area.

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
That was Oceanic's Mack. I heard it was sold though.
I was going to guess that looking at the pic on the overpass (was thinking 440 South) but was not sure. Surprised they havent removed it yet from their ads.

Thanks for the heads up.

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
[quote name='anesti' timestamp='1331075996' post='476803']

Rescue 3 with added Federal Siren

[/quote] ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! R-3 is gon' get a spankin'!!!! (lol I really dont care, they should use real Q2b's)
Rescue 4 added a real Q2b as well
[quote name='bfdjunior01' timestamp='1333049317' post='479240']

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! R-3 is gon' get a spankin'!!!! (lol I really dont care, they should use real Q2b's)

[/quote]

They've had a Q on their past 3 rigs. The week they got the new Ferrara, the Q was mounted.
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
Great stuff as always, Mike.....and the explanations of things were an eye opener!

Was hoping one of the upcoming buff bus trips would do Manhattan, but after seeing certain areas a couple of weeks ago, maybe not such a great idea.

How (or where) do you still get film processed? I'm running out of options locally! :-(
[quote name='Shoop' timestamp='1332977131' post='479183']

That was Oceanic's Mack. I heard it was sold though.

[/quote]

Sold through Fenton Fire. Was held for a few days, I just got an email it was sold to a buyer. On a related note, the Rikers Island CF is now gone. I see no record of it being sold. Anyone know???

Stay safe, Brothers.

What is Oceanic responding with now?
[quote name='smketrfdny' timestamp='1333400391' post='479803']

Sold through Fenton Fire. Was held for a few days, I just got an email it was sold to a buyer. On a related note, the Rikers Island CF is now gone. I see no record of it being sold. Anyone know???

Stay safe, Brothers.

[/quote]

Got word today the CF is still at Rikers Island in their 'junkyard' area. Trying to get in there to peek at it. Will keep ya posted.

Stay safe, Brothers.

[quote name='smketrfdny' timestamp='1333487273' post='479877']

Got word today the CF is still at Rikers Island in their 'junkyard' area. Trying to get in there to peek at it. Will keep ya posted.

Stay safe, Brothers.

[/quote]

It appears that you can pick it out on the satellite view using Google maps. Toward the west side of the island in a junkyard area next to a grass

lot with buses.
[quote name='fyrfoto' timestamp='1333492291' post='479884']

It appears that you can pick it out on the satellite view using Google maps. Toward the west side of the island in a junkyard area next to a grass

lot with buses.

[/quote]

Got a peek, Brother. Many thanks for the effort. I see it with a dark hose bed in that lot,if I am correct. I would love to get my hands on it if it goes for sale. No doubt many others would as well. As long as it doesn't go to the scrap guy near my house. But I may need a non city employee to do my bidding, as I am not allowed....

Stay safe, Brothers.

[quote name='NJMedic' timestamp='1333422270' post='479834']

What is Oceanic responding with now?

[/quote]

A 1997 Seagrave ex-FDNY Engine 40
Seen this in the shop today.

Looks to be the last ALF the FDNY had. 1982 Hose wagon.

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Data tag. Can't see it that good. The shop # was removed all ready.

Attached Files Image(s)