Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Philadelphia, PA
[quote name='Bmott70' timestamp='1336268842' post='484306']

Supposedly Water Tower 38, Ladder 15, Medic 47B, Grass Firefighter 3 and Engine 238.

[/quote]

and the boat
[quote name='quimbyt' timestamp='1336511476' post='484560']

and the boat

[/quote]

The boat has actually been renumbered as Marine 46A so I think that may stay there and be pulled by BN13.
Marine 46A

Attached Files Image(s)

SOC 2

2011 Chevy Silverado

Special Operations Command

Attached Files Image(s)

Ladder 15

1998 American LaFrance

Pipeline 28

2007 American LaFrance

Attached Files Image(s)

What is the difference between a regular engine and a pipeline engine? is it the pump or something different?
John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
Pipelines are 1500 GPM and 1000 feet of 5 Inch feeder line.

Engines 1000 or 1500 GPM and 500 feet of 5 inch supply line.

Basically it's being able to be lay more 5 inch and bee a water supply company
[quote name='Fireman5230' timestamp='1336954543' post='485048']

Pipelines are 1500 GPM and 1000 feet of 5 Inch feeder line.

Engines 1000 or 1500 GPM and 500 feet of 5 inch supply line.

Basically it's being able to be lay more 5 inch and bee a water supply company

[/quote]

Thanks for the info
John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
Rescue 1

2002 KME

Attached Files Image(s)

Pipeline 28 and Ladder 15 early last Sunday morning.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice shots here (and on Flickr site) Aaron! Question: I have seen many "complaints" about the ALF pumpers, but the ALF tillers seemed to have held up well, no?
[quote name='R1SmokeEater' timestamp='1337129598' post='485200']

Nice shots here (and on Flickr site) Aaron! Question: I have seen many "complaints" about the ALF pumpers, but the ALF tillers seemed to have held up well, no?

[/quote]

The 2003 and 2004 LaFrance engines have had a lot of problems, mainly cracked frames. With the latest delivery of KME pumpers, ALF engines of this vintage are being reassigned from busier companies to slower ones in the hope the department will get a few more years out of them. The ALF tiller have held up well. Some are beginning to show their age but they're still on the road.
My company had a ALF 98 tiller good apparatus minor problems as it got older but never OOS for any long periods of time. This was replaced by a 2007 ALF I wish we still had the 98. In a two year time span the 07 was towed to the shop aleast 7 times; on several occassions the transmission would get stuck in a slow gear on box runs and would crawl to a stop. You would have to shut the truck down restart to go 10' and the same thing would happen. The truck always has overheating problems I think the radiator has been replaced 3 times, the air compressor has been replaced several times because it would run constantly and burn out. On several occassions the windshield wiper arms would fly off will responding; nothing like going on a box run while its raining and not being able to use your windshield wipers or hoping they dont fall off the truck. Numerious electrical issues and fit/finish problems like interior grab handles falling off in your hand. The cab has cracks in it already; horrible paint the trailer has many rust/cancer spots all over. LTI makes a great ladder to bad its pulled by a POS.
To bad more are on the way; I was hoping someone else would get the new contract for tillers. ALF was the low bidder.
[quote name='cml0774' timestamp='1337182384' post='485289']

My company had a ALF 98 tiller good apparatus minor problems as it got older but never OOS for any long periods of time. This was replaced by a 2007 ALF I wish we still had the 98. In a two year time span the 07 was towed to the shop aleast 7 times; on several occassions the transmission would get stuck in a slow gear on box runs and would crawl to a stop. You would have to shut the truck down restart to go 10' and the same thing would happen. The truck always has overheating problems I think the radiator has been replaced 3 times, the air compressor has been replaced several times because it would run constantly and burn out. On several occassions the windshield wiper arms would fly off will responding; nothing like going on a box run while its raining and not being able to use your windshield wipers or hoping they dont fall off the truck. Numerious electrical issues and fit/finish problems like interior grab handles falling off in your hand. The cab has cracks in it already; horrible paint the trailer has many rust/cancer spots all over. LTI makes a great ladder to bad its pulled by a POS.

[/quote]

Ladder 24 or 25?
Engine 56

2003 American LaFrance

Ladder 27

2005 American LaFrance

Attached Files Image(s)

Pipeline 19

2012 KME

Engine 71

2012 KME

Attached Files Image(s)