Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canada Eh?
[quote name='Tim' timestamp='1337461213' post='485533']

I just googled that....Wow. Fuel Up & Stock Up before you leave![/quote]

Don't forget your fishing pole and rifle!
Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.
[quote name='Bob-Ont' timestamp='1337467239' post='485535']

Don't forget your fishing pole and rifle!

[/quote]

Rifle? Looks as if an Humvee w/ 50 Cal be a better choice.
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
got to feel bad for the guy who has to deliver it!
Central Butte, Saskatchewan 2012 Green Acres/FL-M2 840/1000/25

Attached Files Image(s)

Manitoba Hydro - Keeyask Generating Station 2012 Green Acres/Int'l 4400 1050/1000/25

Green Acres Industries has recently changed its corporate name to Acres Industries.

Attached Files Image(s)

E-1 in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba 2012 Rosenbauer/FL-M2-112 1050/2000 s/n #21013

Attached Files Image(s)

Anglemont, BC RIV #1 2012 Fort Garry/Ford F550 840/300/10 s/n #M331

Attached Files Image(s)

On display at the Manitoba Fire Chiefs' Convention held in Winkler, Manitoba, the first "Acres" badged rig (Acres is the new corporate name for Green Acres Industries). Erickson, Manitoba 2012 Acres/International 7500 1050/840/25 CAFS

Attached Files Image(s)

also on display was this tanker for Melville, Saskatchewan built by Grunthal Emergency Vehicles on a 2012 FL-M2-112 625/2500

Attached Files Image(s)

Kennebecasis Valley Fire Department

Engine 1

2011 Spartan Gladiator/Crimson/Dependable

1250/800

Shot of opportunity with my iPhone

Attached Files Image(s)

I will be posting some photos of the apparatus on display at the 2012 Alberta Fire Chiefs Association trade show held at the Mayfield Inn from June 10 - 13th. The weather was less than ideal, basically poured down rain during set-up on Sunday, and the parking area reserved for the show is very small and cramped, so these are far from good. I'll start with one of two Platform aerials on display. First, Edmonton Fire Rescue Services new Smeal 2250/300/30fm/100' Rear Mount Platform on a Spartan Gladiator Classic LFD chassis, supplied by Safetek Emergency Vehicles. This unit replaces a similiar 2004 model that was retired and sold after being involved in a collision.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The City of Leduc, ten minutes south of Edmonton (Alberta's capital), just took delivery of this 2012 Pierce Arrow XT SkyArm Platform Aerial 1500/300/25F/100', Pierce Job #25107 from WFR Wholesale Fire & Rescue, the Pierce dealer for Western Canada. It is a very impressive unit. Note the unusual round headlamps

E\-One, represented by First Truck Centre of Vancouver, had two units on display. This one, a demo HP 100' RM Quint on a Cyclone II chassis. I was trying to take photos fast and stay dry, so I missed getting the specs on this unit... opps!

Rocky Mountain Phoenix, Western Canada's representatives for Rosenbauer, brought two demo units mounted on the new Commander chassis. This one is a side control, mid-mount pump with a 1500 GPM Waterous CXC pump, 750 GWT, Cummins ISL 450HP engine, Allison 3000 EVS trans., stock #MN13446.

The second Rosenbauer Commander on display was this 78' Smart Aerial, a Viper FX with a Darley 1500 GPM Pump, 400 GWT, Cummins ISL 450HP, Allision 3000 EVS trans., Rosenbauer Stock #7311 built in South Dakota.

Redwater, AB Rosenbauer Rescue on Freightliner M2 4-door. Sorry I have not further information on this one at this time. It was pouring rain out.

The second unit from E\-One, via First Truck Centre in Vancouver, is a demo Type III Wildland Pumper, with a "Stainless Steel body built in New York" graphic on the back. This rig has a Darley 500 GPM pump, 500 GWT and 20G Foam and is mounted on an International 7400 4WD Crew Cab chassis.

The second Edmonton Fire Rescue Services unit on display was this 2010 SVI Heavy Walk Around Rescue on a Spartan Gladiator Classic LFD chassis. This is unit #723, operating as Rescue 2 and featuring a pink body wrap promoting the Canadian Cancer Society's program with the Firefighters to "Extinguish Cancer".

Another SVI Heavy Rescue on display is this 2012 unit for Strathcona County, AB, a community just east of Edmonton, AB. This is Rescue 6, a 2012 Walk Around Heavy Rescue mounted on a Spartan Metro Star MFD, supplied via Safetek Emergency Vehicles. I will post more photos from this show in the coming days.

[quote name='CdnFireTruckBuff' timestamp='1339555869' post='488494']

The second unit from E\-One, via First Truck Centre in Vancouver, is a demo Type III Wildland Pumper, with a "Stainless Steel body built in New York" graphic on the back. This rig has a Darley 500 GPM pump, 500 GWT and 20G Foam and is mounted on an International 7400 4WD Crew Cab chassis.

[/quote]

I was in Vancouver two weeks ago and saw this rig at the BC Chief's show. This truck is a monster!