Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pierce Apparatus
Juice, its a "stop, drop, and roll" safety message, looks similar to the one on E 607 in the Texas rigs thread. It's still hard to read the whole thing but it's a little clearer here; http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/inde...ntry488924
Wonder why it's only on the Awefifer's side.

Thanks guys! I thought this looked familiar, and I'm sure it's from Frisco's trucks that I've seen it before, but I couldn't remember what it said.

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
As to why it's only on the right side of the rig, I might hazard a guess. We did the same thing with large QR code decals on our apparatus, and our reasoning was that we wanted the message (1) Large enough to read from the sidewalk when the rig was in the street, and (2) Only on the curb side to keep pedestrians safer while reading it. We figured that most of the road-side traffic was moving and should be watching the road rather than trying to "read" our rigs . . . So it was all about safety.

Great looking rig, by the way.
Any idea what the camera-looking thing is in the grill of Frisco's tower?  I am guessing opti-com transmitter but could be wrong...

It looks like a small camera. Its aimed down 

Quote:Any idea what the camera-looking thing is in the grill of Frisco's tower?  I am guessing opti-com transmitter but could be wrong...
It appears to be another "back up camera".  I've seen apparatus with multiple camera heads installed to help see some areas around the apparatus more clearly.  I can't tell if they have any on the sides also. 
Quote:It appears to be another "back up camera".  I've seen apparatus with multiple camera heads installed to help see some areas around the apparatus more clearly.  I can't tell if they have any on the sides also. 
Correct "back up camera", I would guess it might be for postioning the machine in tight areas. Doesn't appear to have the standard side cameras. Maybe it replaced the side cameras and activates on when turning so you can see where the front bumper is during tight turns. 

Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
Thanks fyreline. I also thought that could be the case Idea . Just didn't make sense to me.Oh well.... Live & Learn Shrug

Quote:Correct "back up camera", I would guess it might be for postioning the machine in tight areas. Doesn't appear to have the standard side cameras. Maybe it replaced the side cameras and activates on when turning so you can see where the front bumper is during tight turns. 

Looks like the camera is equipped with FLIR or forward looking infrared. It would allow an improved view in less than optimum weather. I've seen forward looking camera systems requested on a few apparatus bid spec's. lately.
Mechanical engineers build weapons, whereas civil engineers build targets.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
The front cameras have proven to be VERY effective in having "Insurance" in case of crashes,etc. No more.... He said,she said....

Please correct me if I'm wrong but most "Insurance" cameras are mounted in the front windshield area and record. We have them in all our ambulances and rescue trucks. They record looking out the front and also inside the cab area with audio, speed and GPS location. This looks to be just a camera to see where the front bumper would be. But I could be wrong. Thanks for the pic's by the way.

It appears there may be side mounted rear-facing cameras above the middle cab window on each side...don't know what else the bumps would be.
[Image: dscf4179k.jpg]

2013 Pierce Impel PUC 1500-750 (Job # 26145) Engine 1 Prosper, TX

Left Front View

Lindsay D
Richardson, TX

[Image: dscf4183t.jpg]
[Image: dscf4186e.jpg]

2013 Pierce Impel PUC 1500-750 (Job # 26145) Engine 1 Prosper, TX

Left Side View

Lindsay D
Richardson, TX

[Image: dscf4188ca.jpg]