Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
[quote name='wschrei' timestamp='1340658050' post='490144']

1976 Pem Fab LTI/Hamerly Peotone, Ill. Ex-New Lenox

[/quote]

This truck was rebuilt completely by Pierce and no longer resembles this older photo.
[quote name='danger' timestamp='1340677744' post='490225']

Silver Lake is in Middletown

[/quote] are you saying that this rig was sold to Silver Lake Middletown or just that there is another Silver Lake?
Millers Place NY FWD at Junk Yard on PA/MD border RT-1
Millers Place NY FWD
Millers Place NY FWD
Millers Place NY FWD
Millers Place NY FWD
Not a fire truck, but well...

you see

56 Chevy Dump truck!
I found this gem yesterday at the brand new Firehouse Subs in Pigeon Forge, TN! I found it yesterday afternoon, but had to go back right at closing time last night to be able to get pics without people devouring sub sandwiches around the truck! All the info below is based off a tag attached to the truck and the Seagrave data plate. I've read the Seagrave Paint Log and can't find a record of this rig...can anyone help?

Firehouse Subs of Pigeon Forge, TN

1925 Seagrave 6DWF

750/??

S/N # 40091

X: Upper Darby Twp, PA

X: Vintage Fire Assoc. of Morristown, NJ "Engine 3"

Andrew Messer Photo (2012)

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

Definitely will have to put that place on my list of to-do things the next time i go back to the Smokies
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
Andrew,

I believe it is from Upper Darby #3 (Delaware County, PA) – but the serial numbers do not match up ? Maybe someone else can shed some light on this. See below.

Bruce

1925 Seagrave, open cab, 750/80, reg. no. 42020, painted 9/9/25, right hand drive, reverse standard body, booster hose carried in circular basket, lettered "Engine Co. No. 3" on hood. Sold to Darby Twp. #4 (Delaware county, PA), then to a private individual in New Jersey, in service at Prison Farm-Broadmeadow, NJ, by 1999 owned by Robert D. Pierson of NJ.
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region
I know Pierson and his wife had Vintage Fire Association of Morristown NJ. He also had Morristowns twin HT Ahrens-Foxes, and he also had a Tiller Ladder that his wife Tillered. Robert died awile ago so his fleet went in al directions. Thank God the 2 Foxes went back to Morristown.
Frank, do you have the name and address of the junkyard where the Miller Place,NY FWD is? I sent an email to their Dept. and made contact with an Asst. Chief. and they may have some interest. Thanks

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
I don't have the adresse. I think it is State line Salvage, on Rt 1 just before you get in Maryland (in PA)

Also I have a photo of the Seagrave I will post it soon. I was going to drive to the owners house to photograph it but I never got around to it.
upper right hand corner

Upper Darby #3 Seagrave
[quote name='Frank B' timestamp='1341821264' post='491606']

I don't have the adresse. I think it is State line Salvage, on Rt 1 just before you get in Maryland (in PA)

Also I have a photo of the Seagrave I will post it soon. I was going to drive to the owners house to photograph it but I never got around to it.

[/quote]

Ok, I'll let them know. Would it be ok if I copy your pics and send them to the Chief, or would you prefer his email address and you can send them? Also googled State Line Salvage and the map shows them on U.S. 222, not 1. At your convenience, let me know what you find and one of us can forward it.

Thanks in advance.

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
You can use my photos. I have no name I will look into the correct adresse.

The truck is well off (rusted)

Frank808323@msn.com
[quote name='Frank B' timestamp='1342069540' post='491923']

You can use my photos. I have no name I will look into the correct adresse.

The truck is well off (rusted)

Frank808323@msn.com

[/quote]

NP, Frank. I am familiar with issues with pics here and can at least extend the courtesy. I'll copy the pics and your email and send it their way.

Stay safe, Brothers.

Unidentified 1927 Childs (from NJ?)

as seen at Wilmington DE muster 1984

wooden sign may read: Don Johnson Pennsville NJ

good Leaf shows that the FD was incorporated in 1927 and was FD#2

Please let me know if you have any information this truck!

Al Powell photo
Unidentified 1927 Childs (from NJ?)

grill