Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canada Eh?
This is Tisdale's old Unit No 6 a 198? Ford F-Srs locally built port/1600 tanker which was retired in the spring of 2011

Attached Files Image(s)

This is the truck which replaced the 198? Ford Tanker. Tisdale's newest piece is Unit No 6 a 2011 Rosenbauer F/L 625/2500 Tanker

Attached Files Image(s)

This is an ex-City of Regina SK 1978 Superior/International CO-Srs 840/500 Pumper which went on to serve the resort community of Regina Beach SK on the shores of Last Mountain Lake about half an hour north of the city

Attached Files Image(s)

The last post for this evening is the City of Prince Albert (SK) FD Engine 11 a 2004 Superior/E-One Enclosed top-mount pumper caught while on stand-by at the PA Exibition in July of 2011. I've also included the department's door crest. In my humble opinion Prince Albert has some of the sharpest looking trucks in the province. Unfortunately,they are very hard to photograph as the single station is on a major street and has a VERY short apron

Attached Files Image(s)

This is Regina (SK) Fire & Protective Services Pump 121 a 2011 Rosenbauer Spartan Rear-mount pump with enclosed topmount panel caught taking off on a run out of Station #2 in the city's north end

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This is ex-Regina (FD) FD Booster #3 a 1946 General Motors Truck Booster (and Hose) Wagon which went on to serve with the Regina Beach (SK) FD and now resides outdoors at the museum in Regina Beach

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome to the board. Great pictures, looking forward to seeing more.
Hey Ken, you guys ever get the new command post unit yet? Hope all is well with you and yours!
This is the City if Moose Jaw (SK) FD Engine Co 2 a 1989 Thibault Spartan 1050/400 Pumper with 55ft Thibault telescoping boom taken outside the Saskatchewan Association of Fire Chief's Convention in Moose Jaw this year. It and MJFD Engine Co 1 a simmilar unit but lacking the Telescoping Boom were supposedly some of the last trucks to leave the Thibault factory before it closed it's doors in 1989.

Attached Files Image(s)

Also taken outside the SK Assocation of Fire Chief's Convention in Moose Jaw this year is this 2012 Green Acres/ International 840igpm 1000igwt demo unit

This is a 2012 Rosenbauer/Spatrtan 'Gladiator' T-Rex 114ft Platform industrial unit with 2000GPM pump taken outside the SK Chief's Convention in April. It was on it's way to Nexen Resourses in Grand Prairie AB. It features a fully enclosed operator's panel in the rear section of the cab and an enclosed operator's staion on the turntable.

Are you kidding. This is the biggest running joke here. This truck has seen 3 winters so far at Eastway Emergency Vehicles, and it still isn't close to being done. It's not all Eastway's fault though. I suspect it will see a 4th winter there. The cab is a brand new 2009 Spartan Gladiator, that may have no warranty left on it when it finally gets delivered! I am chairing our committee designing the new hazmat trucks, and I bet they will be delivered before this thing is!!

It is a big truck though, and should be very impressive when delivered.

[quote name='jlg1875' timestamp='1340136066' post='489183']

Hey Ken, you guys ever get the new command post unit yet? Hope all is well with you and yours!

[/quote]
[quote name='ladder13' timestamp='1340241029' post='489406']

Are you kidding. This is the biggest running joke here. This truck has seen 3 winters so far at Eastway Emergency Vehicles, and it still isn't close to being done. It's not all Eastway's fault though. I suspect it will see a 4th winter there. The cab is a brand new 2009 Spartan Gladiator, that may have no warranty left on it when it finally gets delivered! I am chairing our committee designing the new hazmat trucks, and I bet they will be delivered before this thing is!!

[/quote]

Thanks for the update! I think I saw you what in 2010, and it wasn't expected in until maybe early 2011? Unbelievable! I'm looking forward to seeing the new HM rigs, what chassis are they going to be on? Tandem or single rear axles? Take care and stay safe!
Hey Kenny, any word on the new Hazmat units for our Nations Capital? Push for tandems, make a statement! lol!
Russell Pascoe

Brampton, Ontario

Canada

[url="http://ottawafirepics.blogspot.com/"]http://ottawafirepics.blogspot.com/[/url]

[url="http://torontofire.blogspot.com/"]http://torontofire.blogspot.com/[/url]

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
[quote name='ladder13' timestamp='1340241029' post='489406']

[/quote]

What is the problem??
Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
[quote name='Russell' timestamp='1340254419' post='489451']

Hey Kenny, any word on the new Hazmat units for our Nations Capital? Push for tandems, make a statement! lol!

[/quote]

Hey Russell. We are working on specs for 2 tandem axle hazmat units, on custom cab chassis. We have been given the go-ahead to start building a business case for a dedicated decontamination unit, new hazmat support unit, and possibly a rapid assessment truck. Also, we have acquired a mobile chemical lab unit from Health Canada, although there is still some legal work to be done with the vehicle. This unit is now in the hands of Ottawa Fire and is based at my station, although it is not going to be going into service anytime soon. Lots of training to be done first.

The plan is to go to tender for the first haz truck by year's end, with the option for the 2nd to most likely be exercised right away.
Saint John, NB

Rescue 4 (ex Rescue 5) Rescue 5 disbanded due to budget cuts, engine 4 closed and reorganized as Rescue 4 May 2012

2006 E\-One Typhoon

1250/425/25F

Ex: Demo Unit

Attached Files Image(s)

Just happened to catch this one in a mall parking lot in Saskatoon this week It is Saskatoon Fire & Protective services Rescue Engine 6 a 200? Rosenbauer rescue pumper on what I believe is a "Commander" chassis. Nobody was around so I couldn't get any numbers but Saskatoon has six of these units ranging from about 2006 to 2011. Maybe Big Dave can fill in some of the blanks

[quote name='Warren S' timestamp='1342338101' post='492169']

Just happened to catch this one in a mall parking lot in Saskatoon this week It is Saskatoon Fire & Protective services Rescue Engine 6 a 200? Rosenbauer rescue pumper on what I believe is a "Commander" chassis. Nobody was around so I couldn't get any numbers but Saskatoon has six of these units ranging from about 2006 to 2011. Maybe Big Dave can fill in some of the blanks

[/quote]

This is a Spartan cab with a custom front-end specially built for Rosenbauer. It was then called Commander, but it has nothing to do with the new Rosenbauer Commander custom cab and chassis.

Juergen
[quote name='kieferfire' timestamp='1342345689' post='492170']

This is a Spartan cab with a custom front-end specially built for Rosenbauer. It was then called Commander, but it has nothing to do with the new Rosenbauer Commander custom cab and chassis.

Juergen

[/quote]

Thanks for the information Juergen