• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
Tower Ladder 119

2012 Seagrave Marauder II 95'

Attached Files Image(s)

Tower Ladder 119

Attached Files Image(s)

Tower of Light from the Ninham Mountain Fire Tower in Kent, NY approximately 65 miles north

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='ffdrive' timestamp='1347712034' post='498499']

new lightbars and back to aluminum rims too.....The Ferrara ladders were painted wheels....

[/quote]

Yep! Several changes on these, to me the most noticable from previous trucks is definitely the wheels and grille, and no chrome trim around the headlights.

I definitely like the looks of the new rigs, glad they're Seagraves!

Is the city still making manufacturers cover up all of the identifiable logos?

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
[quote name='grumpyFF' timestamp='1347830717' post='498627']

Tower of Light from the Ninham Mountain Fire Tower in Kent, NY approximately 65 miles north

[/quote]

This, my friend is an AWESOME shot. Even more amazing is that it is 65 miles away. And taken by a cop... LOLOL.

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
[quote name='Bmott70' timestamp='1347829241' post='498625']

Tower Ladder 119

[/quote]

How close are they to that car behind them??
Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Is it just me or do the changes to the Seagrave cab look an awful lot like the new Ferrara cabs?
I have notice that some of the Tower Ladders and HazMat 1 have the Federal Signal Viewpoint lightbars, did the dept switch to these or are they testing them?

Also has anyone has pics of the new Ferrara MIRT truck?
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
The aluminum wheels seem to be exclusive to the new 95 footers (and yes, that's probably the last time you'll see them that shiny). The 75 footers have red steel just like all the other rigs.
Its because the rigs are heavier and the aluminum are stronger wheels and lighter
[color="#FF0000"]R.I.P Sammy Oitice FDNY 4 Truck 9-11-01[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]R.I.P Kevin Apuzzio East Franklin FD 4-11-06[/color]

NEVER FORGET 343

[size="4"]FDNY Hockey[/size]
I think the reason they look so similar is cause FDNY tends to have a lot of custom features that make them look very similar to each other. Where as anyone elses rigs would look like the norm for what ever manufacturer they choose. Also I not sure on the grills, but since all this new emission stuff, and these high horsepower motors, I would venture to say that the way that the grills look has something to do with that. Not entirely sure on that though.

[quote name='senatobiafire704' timestamp='1347841662' post='498644']

Is it just me or do the changes to the Seagrave cab look an awful lot like the new Ferrara cabs?

[/quote]

I would bet that the city did not want the standard plastic grill bezel on the rigs and specified an all stainless steel grill. 100% pure speculation.
[url="http://www.craighewitt.com"]www.craighewitt.com[/url]
[quote name='JFong' timestamp='1347843884' post='498648']

I have notice that some of the Tower Ladders and HazMat 1 have the Federal Signal Viewpoint lightbars, did the dept switch to these or are they testing them?

Also has anyone has pics of the new Ferrara MIRT truck?

[/quote]

I've seen pictures, can't remember where. I would have guess it was on this site but I'm clueless.
Does anyone have an interior shot of HazMat 1? Just curious how the inside is laid out
On the topic of wheels again for a sec., saw 87's new 2012 Seagrave 75' tower at the dealer in Jersey yesterday...nice shiny aluminum wheels, just like the 95' towers!
[quote name='NJMedic' timestamp='1348167413' post='498870']

I've seen pictures, can't remember where. I would have guess it was on this site but I'm clueless.

[/quote]

There is a photo in the September/October issue of Fire Apparatus Journal with a blurb about the truck in the FDNY Update. Basically a single axle 4WD Freightliner M2 with a similar body style as the TAC units. Respons from Marine 6 from the Brooklyn Navy Yard with staffing from the Marine Bureau.
[url="http://www.ferrarafire.com/NewDeliveries/Pages/rescues/4415.html"]http://www.ferrarafire.com/NewDeliveries/Pages/rescues/4415.html[/url]

Is this it? Looks like it rides really low in the rear...

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
[quote name='CCusson15' timestamp='1348169771' post='498875']

Does anyone have an interior shot of HazMat 1? Just curious how the inside is laid out

[/quote]

It was on display at FRI a year or two ago, and I seem to remember taking a couple of photos of the interior. I'll check my other computer on Sunday and post them if I do.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
[quote name='senatobiafire704' timestamp='1347841662' post='498644']

[/quote]

Actually Ferrara copied the Seagarve M II cab.
[quote name='Juice' timestamp='1348270413' post='498941']

[url="http://www.ferrarafire.com/NewDeliveries/Pages/rescues/4415.html"]http://www.ferrarafire.com/NewDeliveries/Pages/rescues/4415.html[/url]

Is this it? Looks like it rides really low in the rear...

Trav!

[/quote]If you enlarge the pic, you can make out Marine Incident Response Team on the body.