Phoenix Metropolitan Area Fire Apparatus
Cab shots...

John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
The back is pretty roomy and comfortable - Seats 4 with no SCBA seats.

EPCR Toughbook mounts

John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

BTW - Just for perspective, I'm 5'11" and the door handles are at eye level.  This is a really tall rig...  The photo of the rear of the cab was taken holding my camera over my head!

John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

EPCR Toughbook mounts..

Okay, I will bite, why two?  I know we had major issues with our ToughBook ePCR stuff when I was still employed but two?
Two mounts - and in the rear - plus the MDC in the front for the officer?  We use a single MDC for CAD, mapping, GPS, GIS, and EPCR.  You have any more information?

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Quote:EPCR Toughbook mounts..

Okay, I will bite, why two?  I know we had major issues with our ToughBook ePCR stuff when I was still employed but two?
Make that 3 one at the officer position.
Quote:EPCR Toughbook mounts..

That's just the standard. Mostly for assuring at least one is available to use, in case the other is down for maintenance, etc...
John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

The MDC in the cab doesn't come out and only has CAD on it. It's supplied and supported by Phoenix through the auto aid consortium. The EPCR Toughbooks are owned and supported by Peoria.
John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

Had a nice reply all typed up and lost it...  Thanks for the photos though, before I screw this one up too!
Neat rig, a type 1 rig with type 3 capabilities. The spare tire lift is a nice touch.

Any idea why Peoria went with a FL over a International?

People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Sweet pics  Goodyear got 2 new KME Engines

Quote:Neat rig, a type 1 rig with type 3 capabilities. The spare tire lift is a nice touch.

Any idea why Peoria went with a FL over a International?

Three answers to that: 1) Peoria's had good luck with the four other Freightliners in the fleet (2-LT's, 1 MMRS, 1 Decon).  2) The equivalent IHC (the WorkStar chassis) is even taller than the M2 4x4 that is under E199.  With the varying heights of firefighters (the shortest is 5'1"), that would have made a really, really tall rig.  3 (this is only my theory; nobody has said anything to this effect) - The two IHC's that Peoria had fatal problems with the DT530 engines.   One got retired with a cracked block, the other got retired with another fatal engine problem that I can't remember.  Granted, those may have been a fluke and the two rigs were late 90's vintage, but I figure that had something to do with it.
John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

Quote:Sweet pics  Goodyear got 2 new KME Engines
?? Interesting.  They were totally Pierce since the early 90's.  No doubt related to the fact that they have a newer chief and KME is making major moves in the valley.  They were the largest exhibitor at the AZ Chiefs show in July; Pierce didn't even show up.  Any photos?  I'd love to see a KME in Goodyear's White/Yellow. 
John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

Thanks for the info...I can only imagine the headaches the IT department has!

Quote:R1 - EMS + controlled drugs

[Image: attachicon.gif]E199 Compartment R1, resized.jpg

Controlled drug box (standard in this location on all Peoria rigs)

[Image: attachicon.gif]E199 Drugs Cabinet, resized.jpg

Not to nit pick but having a nice shiny rig and there's rusty screws on the shiny diamond plate box. 12 Stainless Steel screws and it would look even better.

Great looking rig
John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
Yeah, I noticed that. I'll have to give them a hard time about it...
John I.

www.flickr.com/image7801

That Engine 199 looks sharp

Of particular note is that the Rosenbauer dealer for the area is owned by Freightliner of Arizona.

Quote: 

Three answers to that: 1) Peoria's had good luck with the four other Freightliners in the fleet (2-LT's, 1 MMRS, 1 Decon).  2) The equivalent IHC (the WorkStar chassis) is even taller than the M2 4x4 that is under E199.  With the varying heights of firefighters (the shortest is 5'1"), that would have made a really, really tall rig.  3 (this is only my theory; nobody has said anything to this effect) - The two IHC's that Peoria had fatal problems with the DT530 engines.   One got retired with a cracked block, the other got retired with another fatal engine problem that I can't remember.  Granted, those may have been a fluke and the two rigs were late 90's vintage, but I figure that had something to do with it.
Not  yet, Goodyear ordered a 3rd KME Engine due in the spring.  The Pierce Engines were about $700,000 a piece vs  $425,000 a piece for a KME 

They awarded the bid to KME because they got a bargain price,  exact quote from there town manager at the city council board meeting 

time will tell if they got a bargain.

Quote:Not  yet, Goodyear ordered a 3rd KME Engine due in the spring.  The Pierce Engines were about $700,000 a piece vs  $425,000 a piece for a KME 

They awarded the bid to KME because they got a bargain price,  exact quote from there town manager at the city council board meeting 

time will tell if they got a bargain.
My grandpa always used to say ".....if you want nice clean, fresh oats you pay the price, oats that have already been through the horse are quite a bit cheaper..."!!