Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
[quote name='ShoreFire' timestamp='1347791152' post='498581']

Where's this located?

[/quote]

They were in a vacant lot near Depot Ave & Center St a few blocks west of Galax's downtown district. Thats about all I can remember I just stumbled upon them by accident.
Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
Thanks, at one time they ran three of those Duplex OREN/Grumman's, one being a Telesqurt. I see they've kept one an re-furb'd it an out fitted it with a 5" hose reel.
[sub]They still have the Oren-Grumman Squrt has of this year.[/sub]
Trey White
Thanks Trey, that place is AWESOME!
I left nose prints on the bay doors at Galax FD, but no one was home. I can confirm the Duplex/Oren tele-squrt is still in the station as well as a red 1960s Mack B open cab pumper. I did not see the one you're describing with the 5'' hose reel so I'm guessing they sold it.
Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
[quote name='BFD1151' timestamp='1347820738' post='498608']

...a red 1960s Mack B open cab pumper.[/quote]

This rig is actually featured on the front cover of this month's Fire-EMS Virginia magazine.
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
Found this Seagrave in Brookfield Auto Wrecking today, Unknown info, possibly early/mid 90's.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

its one of the FDNY Brueau of Training rigs. either an 89 or 91 Seagrave. its a shame what those guys do to them...
[quote name='BFD1151' timestamp='1347760736' post='498560']

Does anyone recognize this rig? It was in the same lot as the Galax truck but was locked up so I was unable to get a serial number.

ALF Century

1250/?

[/quote]

Looks like Ex-Conway (SC) Fire Department. Originally painted red when delivered. Later repainted in their now standard white with green stripe. Pump rebuilt in this truck in 2005 or 2006; I did the pump test on it. Sold on GovDeals sometime last year.
Cant get the link, but one of the 1982 ALF F.D.N.Y. Satellites if up for bid on Copart. And here in Long Island, NY.

Also a few Seagrave aerials, and what looks like a HP engine.

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
link to the 1982 ALF......

http://www.copart.com/c2/heavy_duty_truc...CH_RESULTS
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
[quote name='grumpyFF' timestamp='1347830782' post='498628']

Found this Seagrave in Brookfield Auto Wrecking today, Unknown info, possibly early/mid 90's.

[/quote]

I believe this truck is this truck my phoh was taken in october 2010 at the fdny training acadmey

Attached Files Image(s)

We found this rig sitting in a construction lot between Madisonville, TN and Christianburg, TN that also rents U-Haul trucks. It's a shame what they've done to this old girl...

Nine Mile VFD of Bledsoe County, TN "X Engine 1"

1963 Maxim F26210C

1000/500

S/N # 238

Motor # 1456Z50004

X: Blauvelt, NY "Engine 5"

Andrew Messer Photo (2012)

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

[quote name='ACPD227' timestamp='1348441904' post='499090']

I believe this truck is this truck my phoh was taken in october 2010 at the fdny training acadmey

[/quote]

Former L-78
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
Still better than our ferreras....you won't see a ferrera last as long as that Seagrave
[color="#FF0000"]R.I.P Sammy Oitice FDNY 4 Truck 9-11-01[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]R.I.P Kevin Apuzzio East Franklin FD 4-11-06[/color]

NEVER FORGET 343

[size="4"]FDNY Hockey[/size]
Found these 2 in Myrtle beach over the weekend. If anyone has more info, Please post.

FMR DICKINSON TOWNSHIP, MT HOLLY PA. ???? At least thats what the sticker in the window said. A 1979 Seagrave. LOCATED AT CALLI BAKERS FIREHOUSE GRILL IN MYRTLE BEACH, SC.

[Image: IMG_6300.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6301.jpg]
FMR ENTERPRISE ( AL?) 1973 AMERICAN LAFRANCE This one was on South Kings HWY.

[Image: IMG_6319.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6320.jpg]
[quote name='dispachrg' timestamp='1351544207' post='501942']

Found these 2 in Myrtle beach over the weekend. If anyone has more info, Please post.

FMR DICKINSON TOWNSHIP, MT HOLLY PA. ???? At least thats what the sticker in the window said. A 1979 Seagrave. LOCATED AT CALLI BAKERS FIREHOUSE GRILL IN MYRTLE BEACH, SC.

[Image: IMG_6300.jpg]

[/quote]

Perhaps x-Cape May, NJ?

Went to the NC Piedmont chapter of the ATHS show in Colfax and shot this rig today. I'm hoping someone can shed some more light on this truck. According to a sign on the trailer, this was the first and only Corbitt built to military specs that served a mental hospital in Washington,DC and was purchased from a farm in MD sometime around 2009 by the new owner. Can anyone provide me with a year or more history on this truck?

1930s-1940s Corbitt Fire truck

No other info known

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator