Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canada Eh?
Rural Municipality of Tache, Manitoba for its Landmark hall. P-2 2012 Acres/Int'l 7400 1050/1000/25

Attached Files Image(s)

Grand Rapids, Manitoba 2012 Fort Garry/FL-M2 1050/800/25

Attached Files Image(s)

Cranbrook, BC - Dash CF PUC... better picture to come once it has been delivered to WFR.

Attached Files Image(s)

Finally got around to resizing a few more photos from my travels to Ontario. In addition to a visit to Niagara Falls that was arranged by the Convention was an opportunity to shoot a few rigs from St. Catharines. P-3 is a 2008 Sutphen SL 75 with a 1050 pump 500 gallon water tank, and 75' ladder.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There were several Sutphen rigs that showed up from St. Catharines, including Unit 11, a 2005 Sutphen Shield engine with a 1250 GPM pump, 600 gallon water tank and 20 gallon foam tank.

Unit 12 is a 1998 Metalfab ALF Eagle with a 1050 GPM pump and a 600 gallon water tank.

St. Catharines apparatus were a mix from several builders, including Smeal, who delivered P-6, a 2008 Smeal Spartan Advantage engine with 1050 pump, 840 gallon water tank and 20 gallon foam tank.

Another builder, Eastway, delivered R-1 to St. Catharines on a 2010 Spartan Metrostar.

Another Sutphen showed up to be photographed, with Unit 27 being a 2005 Sutphen SPH-100 with a 1500 GPM pump,300 gallon water tank and a 100' ladder.

Fire pixer BIG DAVE was kind enough to drive me out to Toronto from his home town of Winnipeg, and on the way gave me the $5.00 tour. We poked around several places along the way, and managed to shoot a couple of rigs as we headed east. Kenora, Ontario P-6 is this handsome looking 2011 Fort Garry Spartan Metro Star with a 1050 GPM pump and 800 gallon water tank.

We stayed in a local motel in Thunder Bay, Ontario, while traveling east, and as luck would have it, a salesman from Eastway, who was delivering a truck to Oliver Paipoonge, about 30 kilometres outside of Thunder Bay was also overnighting at the same place. We followed him out to the station the next morning, where we were able to shoot his new delivery. The newest rig in Oliver Paipoonge is this Eastway 1050/1200/25 spec'd P/T built on an International 7400 chassis.

The other rig at the station is P-21 a 1999 Superior International 4900 1050/900/25 spec'd pumper.

Thunder Bay had some nice looking rigs, and we managed to shoot a few while the sun was out. Thunder Bay, Ontario Rescue Pump 9 is one of at least 2 2002 E-1 Superior Cyclone II 1050/ 500 pumpers that we managed to shoot.

Thunder Bay Ontario also runs at least 2 of these 2010 Carl Thibault pumpers built on International 4400 chassis. Pump 5 has 1000 gallons of water 30 gallons of foam and pumps 1050 gallons per minute.

I had some issues with my camera while in Ontario, with me inadvertantly setting the ISO setting on the camera to the Max, which resulted in many images looking really "pixelated" or "grainy", so when I arrived back home and stopped kicking myself I reset the camera and went out to shoot a couple of test shots. One included this little vehicle that the Abbotsford Fire Dept. operates, probably for the public info officer? I will size a few more Ontario trucks and post them shortly.

The next few photos show the kind of grief I had with the "grainy" shots dispite shooting with the sun out. Belleville P- 711 is a 2012 Eastway Spartan Gladiator pumper with 1250/500/30 F for specs.

The ladder at Station One in Belleville is this 2011 Dependable/Crimson Spartan Gladiator with 1750 GPM pump, 300 gallon water tank and100' ladder tower.

My wife and I roamed through Brockville Ontario as well, and managed to find E-4, a 2004 Pierce Conterder with a 1050 pump, 650 gallon water tank andd 25 gallon foam tank.

Ladder 5 in Brockville is a 2005 ALF Eagle with a 1500 GPM pump, 300 gallon water tank and 100' LTI ladder tower. The basket on this rig seemed to be partially extended, but that was the way it was driven out of the house and round the back for me to photograph.

Wow! That really does look like it's extended, something you don't see everyday. Thanks for the pic.