Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Alarm Building Fire Manchester, CT 10-12-13
10/12/13 Manchester, CT - A three alarm fire ripped through a century old building, housing businesses and apartments above. Firefighters were called to the building around nine thirty on the report of smoke in the hallway. Firefighters found a deep seated basement fire. They were unable to control the fire and had to pull out for an exterior attack. The fire went to three alarms bringing departments from throughout Hartford County. The fire was brought under control several hours later. The building was a total loss and had to be torn down after the fire. The cause of the fire in under investigation by the state fire marshal.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The building was located in the middle of a downtown block and was over a century old.  Heavy smoke poured from the structure for about two hours before the fire showed itself.

Six truck operated on the building, which was mixed occupancy consisting of stores on the first floor and residential above.

Additional view of the trucks operating.

I love the chunky, brown smoke pushing from the place.

Another shot of the heavy smoke condition

City of Hartford Truck 3 operating on mutual aid.

The top floor finally lights off.

Two perspective shots...

Another perspective.

Two shots for you tower ladder buffs, one hell of a placement by the chauffeur.  The front of the truck is about six inches from the building.

Amazing photos thanks for sharing.
The other side view.

I saw Patrick Dooley's pics and was amazed at East Hartford's placement.  also surprised that Hartford L-3 made it to right in front of the building.  was Glastonbury on scene or just station coverage?? i ask because i see Bolton's truck operating but Glastonbury's "new" ladder nowhere to be found

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
Great pics.........Is Hartford going back to the tan gear?  Second group of pics i've seen this week where guys from HFD are wearing the tan gear.

The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
Fantastic shots.

Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
<sub>Gorgeous crisp and clear shots! It looks like the area was well lit.. can you please tell us what your camera settings were?</sub>

<sub>Scott</sub>

great work !!!

Quote:Great pics.........Is Hartford going back to the tan gear?  Second group of pics i've seen this week where guys from HFD are wearing the tan gear.
I think that's the guy's spare gear.  They went to black because their chief liked the way it looked.  I could be wrong but I believe they all went to black with what I assume is tan being their spare stuff....