Right Front View

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

[Image: tqkr.jpg]

2012 E\-One Cyclone II 1500-750 (SO # 137546) Engine 1 Rockwall, TX

Front View

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

Now, these are not going to be anywhere near the quality of shots usually represented here, they're all from my phone, but hey, a hazy fire truck picture is better than no fire truck picture.

These are from Lubbock, the biggest city (+-300,000 population) most people outside of Texas have never heard of.  These were all @ a PR event, so I didn't get any specs. 

First is Lubbock  Engine 6, which is quartered @ 34th Street and Indiana Avenue. 2008 E\-One    

Lubbock E7, 2007(?) E\-One. Quartered @ 2nd Avenue & Slide Road

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lubbock T7. E\-One. Quartered with E7.

Last up for now is Lubbock E9, a 2011 Spartan Crimson.  I'm happy LBB is getting away from their E\-One affliction.  The next batch of 4 pumpers are going to be Spartan Rosenbauers.

Quote:Last up for now is Lubbock E9, a 2011 Spartan Crimson.  I'm happy LBB is getting away from their E-One affliction.  The next batch of 4 pumpers are going to be Spartan Rosenbauers.

I believe there is a Rosenbauer dealer in Lubbock which is why they may be going that route. 

I remember back in the 60s & 70s that there were quite a few Macks and that all apparatus were white.

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

[Image: 9jvo.jpg]

2010 Kenworth-Fouts Bros. Fire Equipment 500-3000 (Fouts Bros. # 10717) Tender 181 Farmersville, TX

Left Front View

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

[Image: 6rfp.jpg]

2010 Kenworth-Fouts Bros. Fire Equipment 500-3000 (Fouts Bros. # 10717) Tender 181 Farmersville, TX

Left Side View

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

[Image: i4v2.jpg]

Left Rear View

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

[Image: cvtf.jpg]

Rear View

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

[Image: vzje.jpg]

Right Rear View

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

[Image: drpf.jpg]

Right Side View

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

[Image: dbw2.jpg]

Right Front View

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

[Image: 6ucp.jpg]

Front View

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

Quote:I agree. The photographer took an awesome photo but those cabs are horrific-looking. I put those cabs in the same "category" of taking a classic old fire engine and mounting new, modern LED warning lights in place of it's old rotating beacon.

I guess I am just a sucker for nostalgia.
You mean you dont think the Ford Explorer Sport Trac headlights look good on a Fire Truck? LOL
Quote:Lubbock T7. E-One. Quartered with E7.

Sharp looking Tower Ladder!!! Good to see a real dry ladder truck. I miss the days of the Hurricane and other CF Cab Forward Cabs with no grill. How many Engines and Trucks is Lubbock up to now?

Thanks in advance,

Rick 
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
Quote: 

Sharp looking Tower Ladder!!! Good to see a real dry ladder truck. I miss the days of the Hurricane and other CF Cab Forward Cabs with no grill. How many Engines and Trucks is Lubbock up to now?

Thanks in advance,

Rick 
Lubbock has 18 stations now.  All, of course, have an Engine Company, most of which are a mélange of E-Ones, except for the recent 4 Spartan/Crimsons.  There are 5+ Truck Companies, all with E-Ones (Engine 10 has a 75' ladder).  3 of the Trucks are rear-mounted platforms, but Truck 1 is an E\-One mid-mount.  There is also a boss-looking Spartan/Rosenbauer Heavy Rescue along with several Ford & Chevrolet booster rigs.
Quote:I believe there is a Rosenbauer dealer in Lubbock which is why they may be going that route. 

I remember back in the 60s & 70s that there were quite a few Macks and that all apparatus were white.

Lindsay D

Richardson, TX

[Image: attachicon.gif]2001 MackFireLogoModified.JPG
There is a Rosie dealer in LBB, DACO Fire Eqp. @ Avenue Q & Clovis Hwy.  They always have some of the most incredible vehicles on their lot, they recently had one of Plainview TX's WLF Ambassador pumpers up for sale.

Lubbock was a white-colored apparatus town for many years, and I kind of miss that (though, if any town ought to adapt red & black, it should be Lubbock, those being the colors of Texas Tech University).  When I first lived down here 25+ years ago, the Macks were still going strong, CF's, MC's, and even a B.  All were white, had full-wide Code 3 lightbars, and the new E-Ones had red, white, & blue stinger lights.
WOW.. never realized that Lubbock was that big. Nice shots.

Scott