Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
would look awesome in MY driveway too.......but there's that damned word again....the SCRAPPER!!!
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' timestamp='1356836459' post='506441']

really???? Brookfield is gonna scrap that Mack? there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. what a shame...

[/quote]

Is there a picture of it? I'd like to see it.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
post #3615 on the last page is the photo of the dumed rig . I live a 10 min drive from there and years ago they would let you rome the grounds to pick anything off you wanted. When you were finished you went to the office with your stuff and they charged you a small amount for what you had . Then they started takeing parts off and not returning to the office to pay for what was taken off. The topper to this was when a customer sued when he fell in the yard so that was it , what goes in never comes out whole again. He will pull the motor ,trans, rears, maybe pump for export and the rest well you all know now.
[quote name='B95MACKFIRE' timestamp='1356886825' post='506508']

post #3615 on the last page is the photo of the dumed rig . I live a 10 min drive from there and years ago they would let you rome the grounds to pick anything off you wanted. When you were finished you went to the office with your stuff and they charged you a small amount for what you had . Then they started takeing parts off and not returning to the office to pay for what was taken off. The topper to this was when a customer sued when he fell in the yard so that was it , what goes in never comes out whole again. He will pull the motor ,trans, rears, maybe pump for export and the rest well you all know now.

[/quote]

It looks okay. What shape is it in mechanically? If it is in good shape, it would make someone a nice engine.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
Really sucks that they will not resell the rigs they get
Haledon just surplused the 84 Mack which sold for $3,500 and the 79 ALF which was sold at $4,050. They were both sold to Brookfield for Scrap
For the Haledon Mack,I believe they forgot to drain the water from the pump and damaged it by letting it freeze
Ex-NYPD ESU Truck 6 at Brookfield's.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Guys... I noticed while on a NJT Train heading into NYC the other day I notice that there is a 1980's vintage lime green Seagrave TDA sitting in some type of yard around Harrison.. I think the same yard had a Hahn pumper a couple years back. I believe it is adjacent to a concrete business. Any of the metro NY guys know where this is? Thanks!
[quote name='grumpyFF' timestamp='1358693549' post='507829']

Ex-NYPD ESU Truck 6 at Brookfield's.

[/quote]

that's a shame that would've made a good rescue for somewhere.
the yard to the east of the concrete yard is a junk yard, hopefully it wont meet a sad fate...

[quote name='marco17' timestamp='1358700646' post='507834']

Hi Guys... I noticed while on a NJT Train heading into NYC the other day I notice that there is a 1980's vintage lime green Seagrave TDA sitting in some type of yard around Harrison.. I think the same yard had a Hahn pumper a couple years back. I believe it is adjacent to a concrete business. Any of the metro NY guys know where this is? Thanks!

[/quote]
The problem is now with the huge influx of older rigs that are out there. Rigs that are bought with grant money cant be resold to departments in the US.Finding buyers in mexico and South America is a crap shoot. The cost of shipping from the upper US is cost prohibitve. Thats why alot of California rigs end up south of the border. Older rigs are harder to sell and meet NPFA. The scrappers are getting these rigs. They arent fire buffs. They are out to get the money from selling the aluminum, steel, brass. They will sell the motors, transmissions and rear ends.. They pay $4k for the rig and make that tenfold on scrap and parts for a few days labor with a torch. Until recently Chicago did that. Now they auction off the rigs whole.
[quote name='FFPM571' timestamp='1358729579' post='507863']

The problem is now with the huge influx of older rigs that are out there. Rigs that are bought with grant money cant be resold to departments in the US.Finding buyers in mexico and South America is a crap shoot. The cost of shipping from the upper US is cost prohibitve. Thats why alot of California rigs end up south of the border. Older rigs are harder to sell and meet NPFA. The scrappers are getting these rigs. They arent fire buffs. They are out to get the money from selling the aluminum, steel, brass. They will sell the motors, transmissions and rear ends.. They pay $4k for the rig and make that tenfold on scrap and parts for a few days labor with a torch. Until recently Chicago did that. Now they auction off the rigs whole.

[/quote]

Well, lets see what happens in Wysox, Pa. Seems everyone can get a rig with Federal money. Dont want to say the name (but the initials are Larry O. Taylor) and those Macks are going to go to pot. Won't sell them whole or for parts. Shame.

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
yes, and I want one of them...

[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' timestamp='1358721807' post='507857']

the yard to the east of the concrete yard is a junk yard, hopefully it wont meet a sad fate...

[/quote]

It's been sitting there for a while now, I had seen it there a while back.
[quote name='marco17' timestamp='1358811974' post='507894']

It's been sitting there for a while now, I had seen it there a while back.

[/quote]

anybody know where it last saw service at?
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' timestamp='1358739722' post='507879']

yes, and I want one of them...

[/quote]

You and me both, Brother. You and me both....lolol

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
Found this Ward Lafrance 85-T 1947 -52 in North Carolina last week on route 158 north bound after I left Kill Devil on the outer banks. any body else ever see this rig ? It has New York style all over it. I have the same engine in my barn, its a 1948

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Found this Ward Lafrance 85-T 1947 -52 in North Carolina last week on route 158 north bound after I left Kill Devil on the outer banks. any body else ever see this rig ? It has New York style all over it. I have the same engine in my barn, its a 1948

I stopped to look at this pumper years ago before the paint turned "pink" - at one time you could read the lettering on the driver's door or hood and I recall that it said something about a State Hospital but I can't remember the name of the hospital. It may have said "Petersburg" or something similar.

Quote:I stopped to look at this pumper years ago before the paint turned "pink" - at one time you could read the lettering on the driver's door or hood and I recall that it said something about a State Hospital but I can't remember the name of the hospital. It may have said "Petersburg" or something similar.
There is a State hospital in Petersburg VA, according to Google.
John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York