Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ward LaFrance Ultravision
Quote:they're both the same engine it was refurbed in the 80's the 2 wards the 54 and the 67 is owned by their former chief ned sherman of factoryville he also has a 1975 ward la france x-Lehman,pa and x- mt zion,pa.
That will teach me to check my notes before opening my mouth.  I already had that information on the home PC, but I was at the Station and didn't wait to check.  D'oh!
Quote:That will teach me to check my notes before opening my mouth. I already had that information on the home PC, but I was at the Station and didn't wait to check. D'oh!
that's ok dont worry about it.
EX-BINGHAMTON, EX-FALLS HOSE CO. WYOMING COUNTY PA
[Image: FALLS2.jpg]
EX-OLD FORGE, EX-NORTHMORELAND TWP. FIRE CO WYOMING COUNTY PA P-75 WARD
[Image: NORTHMORLAND.jpg]
EX-CLIFFORD TWP. SUSQUEHANNA COUNTY 1967 WARD...NOW OWNED BY BARDWELL IND. FIRE, TUNKHANNOCK PA
[Image: CLIFFORD3.jpg]
FACTORY PHOTO
[Image: FFC2AA_zpsbca5f6e8.jpg]
MID-REFURB
[Image: FFC2C_zps9f31d7f3.jpg]
[Image: FFC2BBB_zps86068938.jpg]
[Image: FFC2B_zps335d95be.jpg]
AFTER REFURB
[Image: FFC2RR_zps9537ef21.jpg]
[Image: FFC2R_zpsbefdd5fd.jpg]
brian

that engine would've looked good too as an open cab.
lol...the truck was still in service during the refurb. it went to calls just like that
This 1974 Ward LaFrance, marked for South Butler, NY was found at a farm equipment auction lot in Seneca County, NY.  According to the data plate, it is a 1974, and has a 1250 pump.  Spec. No. 80-1038.  Anybody have a Ward list that has this one on it?  I'm  guessing it came from someplace else. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
Pump panel side in the shade.  Again, looking for any further info on this.  Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

Quote:Pump panel side in the shade.  Again, looking for any further info on this.  Thanks.

It's listed as being delivered to Rochester, NY on 9/25/1974.
Quote:It's listed as being delivered to Rochester, NY on 9/25/1974.
Thanks!
John Kenealy

Any guess on the delivery color on the ward. I remember seeing Rochester running some lime green trucks back in the day? 

Quote:Any guess on the delivery color on the ward. I remember seeing Rochester running some lime green trucks back in the day? 
Rochester had some lime green Wards, as well as at least one white over red one (unless one was painted early on).  They also had a white over red rear mount Ward ladder.  They even had a couple of solid white trucks in that same late 60's early 70's time frame. I have not seen a photo of a Ward pumper with the Federal Q in the grill like this one.     
John Kenealy

Request from:

Dividing Creek NJ

<span>In 1995 My Fire Company let go of its 1975 Ward LaFrance Ambassodor Pumper

to Jon's Mid America. Was wondering if anybody here has possibly seen

it somewhere since 1995. Its Serial Number from what i could find was

80-1172. Wondering where it could be today.
</span>
Quote:West Deptford Twp,NJ

1975 Ward LaFrance

Ron Bogardus collection
Quote:Rochester had some lime green Wards, as well as at least one white over red one (unless one was painted early on).  They also had a white over red rear mount Ward ladder.  They even had a couple of solid white trucks in that same late 60's early 70's time frame. I have not seen a photo of a Ward pumper with the Federal Q in the grill like this one.     
You are right engine 1 and engine 18 had repainted wards just before engine 1 got the american eagle and engine 18 was taken out of service and replaced by midi 5. Rochester also had either 2 or 3 ward rear mount quints i have a photo somewhere of one when it was a reserve as Quint 11. I really cant remember any pumpers that had the federal in the grill either usually it was the front suction that came out the grill unless that was done after being sold.
Rochester ny had either 2 or 3 of these rigs this one was reserve quint 11 credit to the photographer.

Attached Files Image(s)