Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aurora, Colorado Apartment Fire 02/16/13
As I was sitting on duty today I heard Aurora going on multiple reports of an apartment fire.  The first due Engine had smoke showing and a 2nd Alarm was struck shortly after arrival.  I convinced my Fiancé who was out shopping to head that way for some photos.  It ended up being a quick knock but she decided to go check it out anyway, thankfully she did and was able to capture an odd sight. 

Engine 9's Lieutenant carries out a rooster from the fire apartment!

This is the first time in 14 years I've ever seen chickens rescued from an apartment fire in the city.  I'm not sure what the City of Aurora has code wise for or against this but I'm sure the neighbors probably don't enjoy it.

A view from side charlie where the fire apartment is located on the ground level.  17 (human) residents were displaced and are being helped by the Red Cross.

Two 1 3/4" attack lines stretched from side alpha to charlie for attack

Last one of first due Engine 9 and Tower 8 on the alpha side

Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Rock out with your...

Awe, nevermind, thats too easy!

Great pics...........Are you guys having a warm winter out there?   I see several people with short sleeves on...........

The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
<sub>Easy Rusty......Those words hurt my ears  :-P</sub>

Quote:Great pics...........Are you guys having a warm winter out there?   I see several people with short sleeves on...........

We've had a VERY warm and dry winter with some decent brush fires and dew points in the negative numbers.  Denver was under a Red Flag Warning last week but we're getting snow tonight.  The last good snowfall we had was still on the ground while the brush fires burned around it.  It's gonna be a rough spring & summer if we don't start getting a lot more precip.