Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brockton, MA 3rd Alarm Vacant House 3/14/2013
Brockton FAO received calls reporting a vacant house fire in the downtown are of the city. Box 1255 was transmitted sending Squad A, Engines 5 & 4, Ladder 1 and Car 56. As I live less than a mile from the scene I took it in and arrived with the 1st due trucks. Heavy fire was showing on arrival and a W/F was requested bringing Tower 1 as the w/f company and Engine 2 as RIT. A 2nd Alarm was transmitted shortly after that and Enigine 7 took in the fire. Flames had already spread to the upper floors and due to structural deficiencies from a previous fire a defensive operation was taken. A special call was sent for 3 engines for relay pumping due to very poor water pressure in the area. Brockton Engine 3 with Stoughton and Whitman engines responded. Crews battled for about 2 hours to bring the fire under control.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

thanks for viewing and as always more on my website

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Great shots.

Nice work Bob!!!

Michael Dewan
Peabody Fire Engine 5 Division 1
"Pride Of The South Side"
In loving memory of Gerard P. "Jerry" Dewan, F.D.N.Y. L-3, 9/11/01
In loving memory of James M. "Jim" Rice, Peabody Fire Engine 5, 12/23/11
Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Nice Photos.

Great shots Bob.

Great Shots!

awesome work Bob!

Ken LaBelle

Capt Town of Lincoln Fire/Rescue 4
NRIFirePhotos.com
Good shooting Bob. Nice shots of the guys on the aerial.

nice shots Bob

Nice shots!!!!!!!! Would of loved to have the nozzle first due on that one!!!!!!!!
Which nozzle? Multiple lines pulled off of the first due co. This building had a previous fire and known drug use by squatters. This coupled with such a large amount of fire had the companies defensive from start...