Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canada Eh?
Here is another demo truck from Acres Emergency Vehicles that was parked outside

Attached Files Image(s)

The Rosenbauer dealer in western Canada Rocky Mountain/Phoenix out of Red Deer AB was at the show in Yorkton with this light rescue on a Dodge 5500 chassis for Manitou Fire Rescue in Marsden SK

Attached Files Image(s)

Wholesale Fire & Rescue the Pierce dealer was at the show with this PUC demo

Attached Files Image(s)

Grunthal Emergency Vehicles has built this tanker on a Freightliner chassis for Melville SK This is a BIG truck and it was a little hard to get a picture of it inside the display hall but I thought you might find it interesting

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Last one from inside the trade show is a Blanchat 'Chaparral' wildland truck on a Ford F-550 Colya J Fire Services is the distributor for Blanchat in Saskatchewan and has sold several of these including three to the City of Saskatoon Fire & Protective Services

Attached Files Image(s)

Sitting outside the display hall at the SAFC Convention was this Tahoe from Yorkton SK the host department

Attached Files Image(s)

Canadian Forces Fire Academy at CFB-Borden, Ontario  2013 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/Spartan Metro Star  1750/800/25A/25B  s/n #M430

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Canadian Forces Fire Academy at CFB-Borden, Ontario  2013 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/Spartan Metro Star  1750/800/25A/25B  s/n #M430
Another one? Isn't there one already there? I know the main fire hall is due for a new truck, or at least was last time I was up there. I'm an officer with an air cadet squadron so go up that way a few times a year (including this weekend).

The new pumpers for the CF were awarded to one of the Canadian E\-One dealers.
Quote:Another one? Isn't there one already there? I know the main fire hall is due for a new truck, or at least was last time I was up there. I'm an officer with an air cadet squadron so go up that way a few times a year (including this weekend).

The new pumpers for the CF were awarded to one of the Canadian E-One dealers.
Yes I believe Techno Fire in Montreal

http://www.merx.com/English/SUPPLIER_Menu.asp?WCE=Show&TAB=1&PORTAL=MERX&State=8&id=1103146&src=osr&FED_ONLY=0&PrevStateId=2&ACTION=&rowcount=&lastpage=&MoreResults=&hcode=yXnDyzSN1hM9mJ69Ew6QoQ%3d%3d

Here is the link to the PWSGSC tender site for 6 pumpers

Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Stony Plain, Alberta - 2013 Arrow XT 100ft SkyArm 6000lpm/1200l/??A

Quote:This is a photo of the 1975 Swab Mack MB rescue that provided the body for the current rescue. This truck formerly operated in Moorestown, New Jersey, but was repainted from it's orginal blue/white paint scheme before placed in service in Sooke.

Slight correction. The blue/white (Jokingly referred to as the 'Tastykake' paint scheme when it first came about - It's a Philly area thing) scheme, as shown by NJMedic, was actually the SECOND paint scheme worn by 3199. I do not have a photo (shout out to Jay Kormann/Scott Mattson/Rich Litton here) , but when delivered in 1975 it was white with gold leafing and was known as "E-1", the radio designator for Moorestown Twp. in the pre-Central Communications days. It went out for a rehab/repaint in the late 1980's when Moorestown FA&ES adopted the blue/white scheme with the delivery of the 1984(?) rendition of 3192 that I last knew to be serving with Cookstown as a CP/Fire police unit.

T-2  for Swift Current, Saskatchewan  2013 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/FL-M2-112 1050/2000  s/n #M416

Attached Files Image(s)

here is the right side of the same truck.

Attached Files Image(s)

I posted a shot of this engine while it was still under construction on page 76 of this thread, and finally managed a photo of the completed engine. Engine 52 for Colwood, B.C. is this 2013 Hub Spartan MetroStar with 1750 imperial gallon per minute pump, 500 gallons of water, and twin 50 gallon foam tanks. I've chosen a shot with the roll up compartment door up to show the pump panel. This engine also sports something that is rare in Canada if not the Pacific North West, and that is a shining new ROTO RAY!

Another rare delivery in these parts, especially in recent times, is any apparatus from American LaFrance, but this tender was placed in service recently by the city of Coquitlam, B.C. T-1 is built on a 2012 Freightliner chassis and has a 750 GPM pump and 3000 gallon water tank.

Vermilion River County - Clandonald, Alberta  2013 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/FL-M2 112  420/3000   s/n #M442   Note truck nickname:  Bagpiper.

Attached Files Image(s)

a very unique colour scheme for Canada (the only other department that I know of that operates green trucks is Killarney, Manitoba), this new delivery is for the Municipal District of Prevost, Alberta for their station in CZAR.

2013 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/FL114SD  1250/1500/25A/25B  with a 420 igpm. PTO pump.  s/n #M434

Attached Files Image(s)

a twin to the Clandonald tanker above is this 2013 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/FL-M2-112 420/3000 tanker for Kitscoty of Vermilion River County, Alberta

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:a twin to the Clandonald tanker above is this 2013 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/FL-M2-112 420/3000 tanker for Kitscoty of Vermilion River County, Alberta

Nice trucks....good to see what a "normal" paint job for a Leduc tanker looks like!
Okotoks, Alberta - 2013 Kenworth T370/Pierce, 840igpm/1800igal/25igal Class A

Attached Files Image(s)