• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS Paint Anyone! Fire Apparatus Part III
Company #1's current Spartan/ALF.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Company #2's retired Maxim engine.

Attached Files Image(s)

Company #2's current Pierce engine.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hook and Ladder company #1's retired Pirsch tiller.

H&L Co#1's current Pierce tiller.

The H&L company also operates the Dept's air and light unit.

Next is Engine Co. #3's retired Mack.

Hose Co. #3's current Ferrara engine with an enclosed pump panel.

Company #4's retired Hahn engine.

Attached Files Image(s)

Company #4's current Pierce wagon.

Company #4 also operates the Dept's second aerial, a refurbished Mack/Baker tower ladder. The Dept's County station designation is 21.

Company #5 is the Rescue Squad. First is the retired Mack rescue.

The current Pierce Squad.

The Rescue Squad also operates a third aerial. The rig is designed specifically for rescue work and has very little firefighting capabilities.

The final piece for the Rescue Squad is the support unit. It carries all of the technical tools and equipment.

Quote:The Rescue Squad also operates a third aerial. The rig is designed specifically for rescue work and has very little firefighting capabilities.
hmmm kinda reminds me of Syracuse Fire Dept's resuce aeriel and maybe fyreline can correct me if im wrong but that was a 135' straight stick.
Well, that's exactly where the idea came from! If I remember correctly,the SFD's was a 135'. I saw it many times so I'm almost certain that is correct. Loved that rig. I personally have only seen two other aerials designed with rescue in mind, but I'm sure there must be more out there. Both are in Florida, one at Disney, an E\-One. I believe it was all wheel drive and designed for rescue work on the Monorail system that runs through the area. The other was in Fort Lauderdale and is/was operated by the Broward Sheriff's Office with the Technical Rescue Team. Somewhere I have a picture of it when I came across the team performing a drill.

I had to go and look them up. The SFD's was a 1984 E\-One Hurricane 0/0/135' RMA and the one from Disney (actually Reedy Creek) is a 1990 E\-One AWD 250/200/65' RMA and is listed as Monorail Rescue Unit. 

Besides the connections mentioned, I see some SOMERVILLE, NJ in those rigs also... Jersey Blue... Mack E-1, Hahn E-3... and the FDNY 95 ft tower.... Nice work with Ryan and Tyler.

Firemark,

Which program did you use for the lettering? Also what font and style? The shadowed lettering looks great.

People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?