Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FDIC 2013 - From the show floor
Well, another FDIC has come and gone, and I've tried to capture the essence of the show for those who weren't able to attend.

First up are the new letters that were put up this year at the entrance to the Lucas Oil Stadium.  Will the Firepixer who was assaulted by the "D" while getting photo taken in a windstorm identify himeself?  We'll see...

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-M.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
One of several rigs outside was this International/DANKO tanker for Campbell County, WI, which is located on French Island.

An explanation of the "Ne Relinquas" on the windshield comes from their website:

The Honor Statement of the Campbell Fire Department and Campbell Firefighters is "Ne Relinquas".

A proud statement in Latin, this Honor Statement embodies the spirit, determination, and dedication of generations of Campbell Firefighters.

"Ne" is a negative subjunctive.  The term "Relinquas" is the subjunctive form of "Relinquere", carrying the connotation of "abandon" or "leave behind".  Translated into English, <b>"Ne Relinquas" means "Never Quit", "Never abandon", and "Never Leave Behind"</b>.  

These words describe a philosophy that has been passed from firefighter to firefighter through years of mentorship.  This philosophy is a legacy left for future Campbell firefighters by their predecessors. 

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-4-M.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-5-M.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Pierce had two aerials on static display on South Street.  One of them had this front bumper crosslay, complete with a mechanical siren on a swivel to make hose racking easier.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-3-M.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
This Pierce Saber was located near the trailer for Company 7 Bar-be-que (outstanding BBQ joint near Dayton).  Has Fishers gone away from their unusual angled paint scheme?

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-6-M.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-7-M.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Spartan ERV had their Gimaex articulating aerial next to Rosenbauer's T-Rex, also located on South Street.

The T-Rex is headed to Guelph FD in CN.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-10-M.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Moving inside to the stadium for a bit, this Spencer pumper for Pittsburgh could be found.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-11-M.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-12-M.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-13-M.jpg]
Taylor Goodman
US Tanker produced this big water mover on a FL chassis for the Needham Community Fire Department.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-17-M.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Over in the Pierce booth, I found my friend (and fellow Firepixer) T-Bone starting his interview with the Pierce folks about his gorgeous new Arrow XT walk-in heavy rescue for the Mechanicsville VFD in Mechanicsville, MD.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-19-M.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Nice pictures Taylor.  Picture #2 is the Town of Campbell, in LaCrosse County, WI.  Now you have provided me with a reason to go back home.

One of several E-Ones on display was this urban pumper for the West Lanham Hills VFD in PG County, MD.  It's one of two they'll be taking delivery of.

West Lanham Hills VFD

Prince George's County, MD

2013 E\-One Typhoon 2000/530

E\-One SO 137573

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-22-M.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Timberline, CO had two nice looking International/Rosenbauer all-wheel-drive rigs there.  This one was stationed outside, assisting the Bull-Ex folks with the live fire demos they have annually.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-8-M.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-9-M.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Toyne had one customer rig and two demo's on the floor.

This lime engine will head to the Tri-Township FD in Solon, IA.  It has a bolted brushed stainless steel body, Cummins ISL9 (450hp), Harrison 10kW generator, and an electric roll-up hosebed cover.

2013 Spartan MetroStar/Toyne

1500/1000

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-25-M.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-26-M.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Got foam?

This impressive Rosenbauer Commander is ready to go with a 3000/500/2000B configuration.  The 3500GPM monitor on top of the rig is a nice touch as well.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-21-M.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-20-M.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Getting good photos in the HME booth was tricky, as several of the rigs were stacked together.

This pumper will be protecting the citizens of Dayton, OH.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-18-M.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
I swear I can't remember if this was in the Amdor or ROM booth.  Regardless, this slide-out tool board was available with a flashing LED strip light on the outer edge.  It only flashed with the board was extended.

Is this to protect it from passing motorists?  No, it was a customer request from a fire chief that said his members kept walking into the board when it was extended.  Hmmm...

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-16-M.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
I'll finish up tonight with this Alexis tanker for the Elba-Salem Fire Department.  Many more to come in the next couple of days...

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-14-M.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-15-M.jpg]

Taylor Goodman
Quote:Nice pictures Taylor.  Picture #2 is the Town of Campbell, in LaCrosse County, WI.  Now you have provided me with a reason to go back home.
John, thanks for the clarification.  I was having a hard time making the connection between the county, town, and island.
Taylor Goodman
Beautiful pics Taylor. Thanks for taking the time to post these.

Good photos!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Quote:Moving inside to the stadium for a bit, this Spencer pumper for Pittsburgh could be found.

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-11-M.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-12-M.jpg]

[Image: VirginiaFirePix-13-M.jpg]
What did you think of this pumper? I understand Spencer is a small company.