Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Los Angeles Fire Dept
Quote:[Image: 022_zpsb3c0aab4.jpg]

Engine 401.
What are "400" series engines?
Quote:What are "400" series engines?

Any 400 series Engine is an engine that is manned during high call volumes. Typically, during our Santa Ana wind events. With the large brush fire in Ventura County in the last few days surrounding counties and cities usually man extra engines to handle the heavy load of calls.

Hope that helps,
Thanks Brother!!

Quote:Thanks Brother!!

Los Angeles has under a red flag high fire danger warning the past few days this past winter was the 4th driest winter on record. There were several fires burning the past few days and fire officals expect to be a bad and very long fire season.
[Image: 189_zpsb8d54c3c.jpg]

It appears Engine 55 is now running a Pierce Aarow XT.

Quote:[Image: 189_zpsb8d54c3c.jpg]

It appears Engine 55 is now running a Pierce Aarow XT.
What happened to their 2007 Seagrave?
Quote:What happened to their 2007 Seagrave?
I am assuming this to be a real pic since it came from monrovia1, but it is missing reflective striping, if you go back and look at the other Pierce engines there is  striping around the front . surprised the shops let it go out without it

I knew there something off about the rig, 55's was assisting Glendale with a mutliple spot brush fire that broke out, If I get a chance this week I will go by 55s and inquire.
Quote:I am assuming this to be a real pic since it came from monrovia1, but it is missing reflective striping, if you go back and look at the other pierce engines there is  striping around the front . surprised the shops let it go out without it

The reason this rig looks so difffirent is because S/N 60677 was once assigned to Engine 60 in North Hollywood. In Sept 09 during the early morning hours Engine 60 was dispatched to an unknown flooding call. While enroute they found a roadway coverd in water with so visible asphault the Captain instructed his Engineer to back up the rig as he did so the ground below gaveway and Engine 60 fell into a sinkhole and HR 56 was summoned to pull it out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lafd/390304...2191750493

Unknown as to what happened to their former '03 Seagrave, which was a hand me down from I believe 64s or 65s, from when one of those rigs got one of the first KMEs.  Apparently, they bought a new cab off the shelf and rehabbed old 60s and gave it to 55s.

From lafire.com, former Engine 55:

Seagrave Marauder

1500GPM, 500gal tank, 30gal foam, Foam Triple

Engine 55
thanks Monrovia, I was thinking about it possibly being 60's old rig, but thought that it was replaced and returned to service a while ago, makes sense

Quote:Unknown as to what happened to their former '03 Seagrave, which was a hand me down from I believe 64s or 65s, from when one of those rigs got one of the first KMEs.  Apparently, they bought a new cab off the shelf and rehabbed old 60s and gave it to 55s.

From lafire.com, former Engine 55:

60639 2003 Seagrave Marauder 1500GPM, 500gal tank, 30gal foam, Foam Triple   Engine 55
Last I checked Pierce doesn't sell just the cab do they?

It also looks to have a shadow on the nose above the Pierce emblem of another companies number. Are you sure this wasn't a bone yard rig's cab?

[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
Quote:Last I checked Pierce doesn't sell just the cab do they?
Dunno for sure, but if they still have the same shop # on the rig, I assume they got a new cab from Pierce.  If they had gotten a whole new rig, it would have had a brand new shop #, I would think.
[Image: 024.jpg]

Engine 2.

Quote:Dunno for sure, but if they still have the same shop # on the rig, I assume they got a new cab from Pierce.  If they had gotten a whole new rig, it would have had a brand new shop #, I would think.

They got a new cab from Pierce. I recall seeing a listing for a slightly used Pierce Arrow XT cab up for auction a couple years back
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?

The Seagrave probably got reassigned. E60 got a new KME S/N 60760
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[Image: 126_zps4b0497fb.jpg]

Plug buggy being used by Battalion 1 for Strike Team duty.
Quote:[Image: 126_zps4b0497fb.jpg]

Plug buggy being used by Battalion 1 for Strike Team duty.
What the heck is a "plug buddy"??
Jason Knecht
Fire Inspector
Township Fire Dept., Inc.
Eau Claire, WI
Quote:What the heck is a "plug buddy"??

From the LAFD Glossary:

Plug Buggy: A full sized pick-up truck used for utility work that has limited firefighting capabilities.
Looks as if that particular one has NO firefighting capabilities....looks like an empty truck box. But it looks very pretty!! Big Grin

Jason Knecht
Fire Inspector
Township Fire Dept., Inc.
Eau Claire, WI