Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
The other day on Ferrara's in production page was a International crew can with an aluminum flatbed body for FDNY, it's not there now. Any idea what it was for? Also 5 ESU trucks in production for the PD.
Those NYPD esu trucks are really nice anyone know what those are going to be used for because they just got all new big squads are these a 2nd piece to the big trucks or something else ?

Jimmy
UNTIL THE NEXT BOX ALARM.
Quote:Also 5 ESU trucks in production for the PD.
Going to be Tactical Support Units. They carry the jumper up airbag, jumper up net, zodiac boat, etc
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Quote:Going to be Tactical Support Units. They carry the jumper up airbag, jumper up net, zodiac boat, etc
Cool. Thanks, Seth.

Jimmy
UNTIL THE NEXT BOX ALARM.
Quote:The other day on Ferrara's in production page was a International crew can with an aluminum flatbed body for FDNY, it's not there now. Any idea what it was for?
New 4x4 Scuba unit
Eli Gill - [url="http://10-75.Net"]10-75.Net[/url]
Quote:I had no idea that a fire truck was worth more scrapped than being auctioned or sold at a fair market price to another department willing to rehab it.  WOW WOW WOW.

FDNY pieces are worth more as scrap......due to the fact that they are run into the ground and many many re-usable pieces are removed for spare parts stock- rendering "fair market value" of the piece way lower than the scrap value.

Photo of new Ferrara Ladder for L-48 (FL13???) outside the armory at Medal Day. Not in service yet, aerial was being used to display the flag.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Photo of new Ferrara Ladder for L-48 (FL13???) outside the armory at Medal Day. Not in service yet, aerial was being used to display the flag.

Kind of odd they would set it up and not use the pads under the jacks.
Any info on how the Ferarra Ladders are holding up ?

Quote:Kind of odd they would set it up and not use the pads under the jacks.

It looks like there are under the rear jack.
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
Quote:Any info on how the Ferarra Ladders are holding up ?

Ours isn't holding up that well our suspension has gotten really loose in the front end. A lot of wiring issues. The stick is extremely narrow in the top fly section the stick sways a lot it feels extremely light weight and not sturdy. The rails are not as tall as they were on our Seagrave so if u had to pull yourself close to the stick in high winds or anything you feel like your going to go over but the cab is nice best thing about the rig
[color="#FF0000"]R.I.P Sammy Oitice FDNY 4 Truck 9-11-01[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]R.I.P Kevin Apuzzio East Franklin FD 4-11-06[/color]

NEVER FORGET 343

[size="4"]FDNY Hockey[/size]
The pads aren't under the jack there still in where they are stored
[color="#FF0000"]R.I.P Sammy Oitice FDNY 4 Truck 9-11-01[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]R.I.P Kevin Apuzzio East Franklin FD 4-11-06[/color]

NEVER FORGET 343

[size="4"]FDNY Hockey[/size]
We had the same issues, re the aerial, with the Pierce rearmounts we bought. Everybody hates the narrow fly section & lower rails. Nobody feels safe on the tip that I know of. As for the plates, smartest thing we ever did was to have E\-One weld our plates onto the jacks so that we don't have to worry about it. We still have the extra ones if we're throwing the jacks on soft or unstable ground, but normally we just throw & go!
FF Sean 'Skip' Olson
Boston Fire, Ladder 14
In Memory:
FR David A. Middleton E51, LODD, Box 5247, 05/28/07
FR Paul J. Cahill E30 & FR Warren J. Payne L25, LODD, Box 4-281, 08/29/07
FLT Kevin Kelley L26, LODD, 01/09/09
FLT Edward J. Walsh E33 & FR Michael Kennedy L15, LODD, Box 9-1579, 03/26/14.
E94L48B3@1226seneca.com

This is the website for the E94L48 Centennial. Any pictures you would like to send for the journal would be appreciated. They seem to be lacking pictures of the ALF and Seagrave TDAs from the 60's.

Training with TL-121. Literally. TL-121 was totaled in a rollover accident a couple of years ago, and not much was salvageable. So, they are using it for technical rescue training. Unique and very cool way to use apparatus being disposed of.

Seth Granville
Believe you are thinking of Ladder 107 that was involved in that MVA a few years back.  This apparatus appears to be the spare rig that Ladder 170 was using when it collided with Engine 257 right after Hurricane Sandy.

This might sound nuts, but it's an honest question, and it goes FAR beyond FDNY, because I see a lot of departments do it, this just happens to be the image of subject;

Why not the diamond plate box, the spot light on the officer's side, the clearance lights, the a/c units? Those are the only things I can see from this photo, but why not strip all of that stuff off and re-use it when someone else breaks theirs?  Imagine how much you'd save on little stuff like that!

Trav!

Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
Quote:Believe you are thinking of Ladder 107 that was involved in that MVA a few years back.  This apparatus appears to be the spare rig that Ladder 170 was using when it collided with Engine 257 right after Hurricane Sandy.

Cool. Thanks for the info. It must have been 121 at some point in it's life though.

Quote:This might sound nuts, but it's an honest question, and it goes FAR beyond FDNY, because I see a lot of departments do it, this just happens to be the image of subject;

Why not the diamond plate box, the spot light on the officer's side, the clearance lights, the a/c units? Those are the only things I can see from this photo, but why not strip all of that stuff off and re-use it when someone else breaks theirs?  Imagine how much you'd save on little stuff like that!

Trav!

They stripped everything that was salvageable, which was much. They have a HUGE parts department the stores a ton of brand new and used parts, including ones stripped from apparatus going to be disposed. The A/C system was destroyed. It's hard to tell in this photo, but just about every component took a hit.
Seth Granville

the part that is a shame is that the boom and jacks are worth about 200K and could easily be removed and sold while still keeping the rest of the rig as a training tool.