Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Philadelphia, PA
Well GA_Dave, I have to place your name on the back of the photos, you were placing orange colored stickers on the back of the photos at that time. Must have got your photos in trade.
I've never been much on trading pics, but I do recall selling a large batch (60-80) of Military rigs to a guy in the Baltimore area several years back. Musta been you! I don't recall using the orange stickers either. A lot of the rigs were from the Southeast.
The station at the PNSY was one of a few, the others were shut down.

The station had cobblestone floor in the first section, arched with troths on each side for washing down horse waste. (This floor went back to the horse days.)

It also has multible Fire fighter poles.

The station was old!
Quote:Sorry, I did not have the year manufactured for the PNY pierces.

Engine 1.....1997.......#EA-670

Engine 2.....1987.......#E-4039

Engine 3.....1987.......#E-3586
Engine 16 - 1999 Freightliner/E-One 1500/500

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes jpw25pfd's post:
  • Ek51jah8
Squrt 55 - 1993 Seagrave 1000/500 54ft squrt - ex Squrt 72

[-] The following 1 user Likes jpw25pfd's post:
  • Ek51jah8
Hey Jack, Do you have a shot of the Freightliner Collapse rig to post ?
Squrt 8 - 1998 3-D/American LaFrance 1500/500 54ft squrt

Engine 58 - 1950 Autocar 750/100

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='R1SmokeEater' post='86845' date='Mar 14 2007, 19:56 ']Hey Jack, Do you have a shot of the Freightliner Collapse rig to post ?[/quote]

Collapse Unit 1 - 2002 Freightliner/American LaFrance - formerly known as Rescue 101

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks Jack !!!
[quote name='pfdbuff' post='86878' date='Mar 14 2007, 21:14 ']Engine 58 - 1950 Autocar 750/100[/quote]

Saw this in the restoration phase at Sqt 8's station... Looks great that it is finished!
Station 78 at PIA circa 1967...

2 Yankee Crash rigs, 2 Nurse Tankers, and a Rapid Intervention (Rescue) Truck. One of the Yankee rigs later became Engine 76 at NE Airport.

Also a shot of one doing a demo of its turret and ground sweeps

[quote name='pfdbuff' post='86878' date='Mar 14 2007, 21:14 ']Engine 58 - 1950 Autocar 750/100[/quote]

Where was this rig prior to it's restoration??? Did someone have it, or was it found in a junkyard?
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' post='92225' date='Mar 29 2007, 16:33 ']Where was this rig prior to it's restoration??? Did someone have it, or was it found in a junkyard?[/quote]

Mark,

This rig was owned by the city since it was brand new. When it was at Engine 8 it was being stored not restored. Prior to that it was sent to the Shops to have some work done on it. The Shops people took it apart and couldn't get back together. To prevent any further "damage", it was towed to Engine 8's house and stored there with all of the parts that had been removed. A local doctor who collected antique rigs took it to his farm in Chester County and had his mechanic put it back together. In the past month a new radiator has been installed. They are currently using it for a promotion for the Phillies.

Jack
[quote name='pfdbuff' post='92273' date='Mar 29 2007, 19:08 ']Mark,

This rig was owned by the city since it was brand new. When it was at Engine 8 it was being stored not restored. Prior to that it was sent to the Shops to have some work done on it. The Shops people took it apart and couldn't get back together. To prevent any further "damage", it was towed to Engine 8's house and stored there with all of the parts that had been removed. A local doctor who collected antique rigs took it to his farm in Chester County and had his mechanic put it back together. In the past month a new radiator has been installed. They are currently using it for a promotion for the Phillies.

Jack[/quote]

Thanks Jack for the reply. Would that Doctor happen to be Doc. Fillinger?

Marc

the shops took it apart and couldnt put it back together?

Must be fun watching them change the oil on a rig.............................
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' post='92376' date='Mar 29 2007, 23:15 ']Thanks Jack for the reply. Would that Doctor happen to be Doc. Fillinger?

Marc[/quote]

No, it was Brent F. He used to own a number of pieces and stored them in the barn on his property. To keep everything running he employed a full-time mechnic. A couple of years ago he retired and moved to Maine to be a ski instructor. If I'm not mistaken, he sold off most of his collection.

Jack
Quick question for ya Jack. Whatever happened to Squrt 72's old Mack Squrt??? Last i saw of it, it was a spare or reserve stationed out at 38's a few years ago.

[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' post='92832' date='Mar 31 2007, 03:00 ']Quick question for ya Jack. Whatever happened to Squrt 72's old Mack Squrt??? Last i saw of it, it was a spare or reserve stationed out at 38's a few years ago.[/quote]

Marc,

The 77 Mack Squrt was junked a few years back. After 72's got the new squrt in 1993, the Mack became Squrt 238. For the first time the department had a reserve squrt. Unfortunately the piece was pretty beat up and it didn't last.