Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shuttle Bus Fire, Las Vegas Strip, Las Vegas, NV 6-12-2013
This afternoon I stopped by Clark County Fire Dept's Station 11 and while I was there the Rescue and Ladder were toned out for a vehicle fire on the strip. The vehicle was a Bell Tran Shuttle Bus and it was basically a total loss.

Engines 15 and 19

Truck 11

Rescue 11

along with Metro and Nevada State Patroll were on the scene,

By the time I was able to get there the fire was out but I did get a few pictures. As I was leaving Station 11 I could see a nice black collum of smoke.

Truck 11 blocking traffic.

[Image: DSCN1643_zps794a2b9c.jpg]

Dave
Engine's 15 and 19 along with Nevada Highway Patroll.

[Image: DSCN1646_zps96b723e8.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1647_zps0d0e49a4.jpg]
Dave
The shell of the Shuttle Bus.

[Image: DSCN1649_zps0f2fc0e3.jpg]

Dave
[Image: DSCN1660_zpsd2183d2a.jpg]

Dave
The member of Truck 11 getting ready to leave.

[Image: DSCN1671_zps1c8f6e58.jpg]

Dave
Last one Shutting the hydrant down.

[Image: DSCN1684_zps05d6ba74.jpg]

Here's a link to the rest of the pictures on my Photobucket Accountl  http://s1316.photobucket.com/user/Diablo...t=9&page=1

Dave
Good photos!

tHANKs
tHANKs
Nice pic of the truck

Quote:Good photos!

tHANKs
Thanks Hank.
Dave
Quote:Nice pic of the truck

Thank you.
Dave
Here is the only vid that I shot of the fire and it does not show much except for mop up

http://youtu.be/ex9NxFUOEZI

Dave
Nice Shots. I Figured Las Vegas Fire Department and not Clark County would be first due on the strip. Was this part of the strip outside of the city limits.

Thanks for sharing.

Yes the fire happened infront of the Tropicana and the Excaliber which is on the other end of the Strip. Station 11 is just down the road and the Engine was out on a Medical call and Rescue 11 had just gotten back into quarters. Truck 11 was not called on the fire but the Captain added them when there were reports of numerous calls about the fire. I am not really sure where the line is but I will see if I can find out. I know that CCFD responds to some parts of the area around the Circuis Circuis and The Strat as first due.

I just looked at a map of the City of Las Vegas and from what I can tell the City Line is at Sahara and Las Vegas Blvd South. With a couple of exceptions. I know that Clark County Fire Station 12 is on Industrial Blvd which runs behind the stip in some places and Station 12 is not far from Circuis Circuis.

Dave
Quote:Last one Shutting the hydrant down.

[Image: DSCN1684_zps05d6ba74.jpg]

Here's a link to the rest of the pictures on my Photobucket Accountl  http://s1316.photobucket.com/user/Diablo...t=9&page=1

the cop was thinking "Gee I wish I had your Job, Should of been a Firefighter"
Quote:the cop was thinking "Gee I wish I had your Job, Should of been a Firefighter"

LOL I never thought of that one. Hysterical Hysterical Hysterical
Dave
Quote:the cop was thinking "Gee I wish I had your Job, Should of been a Firefighter"

No he was saying "see you should have been a police officer you are working too hard for the money"
None of what is considered the strip...is actually in Las Vegas. Some people like to say the Stratosphere is on the "Strip" but that is a stretch at best and the only major property that can even debatably be called on the strip. The Strip is actually unincorporated Clark County (Paradise Township I think). Clark County, Las Vegas, and North Las Vegas are all dispatched by the Las Vegas Fire Alarm Office (Las Vegas Fire) and have reciprocal mutual aid agreements. Closest unit by GPS/AVL goes regardless of jurisdictional boundary.
Quote:Yes the fire happened infront of the Tropicana and the Excaliber which is on the other end of the Strip. Station 11 is just down the road and the Engine was out on a Medical call and Rescue 11 had just gotten back into quarters. Truck 11 was not called on the fire but the Captain added them when there were reports of numerous calls about the fire. I am not really sure where the line is but I will see if I can find out. I know that CCFD responds to some parts of the area around the Circuis Circuis and The Strat as first due.

I just looked at a map of the City of Las Vegas and from what I can tell the City Line is at Sahara and Las Vegas Blvd South. With a couple of exceptions. I know that Clark County Fire Station 12 is on Industrial Blvd which runs behind the stip in some places and Station 12 is not far from Circuis Circuis.

Quote:None of what is considered the strip...is actually in Las Vegas. Some people like to say the Stratosphere is on the "Strip" but that is a stretch at best and the only major property that can even debatably be called on the strip. The Strip is actually unincorporated Clark County (Paradise Township I think). Clark County, Las Vegas, and North Las Vegas are all dispatched by the Las Vegas Fire Alarm Office (Las Vegas Fire) and have reciprocal mutual aid agreements. Closest unit by GPS/AVL goes regardless of jurisdictional boundary.

Thanks for the replies. I just thought it was interesting that the County Fire Department was inside what I thought was the City for a fire. But its good that they all are able to work together. I Know of some places that are NOT friendly with each other over when and where the City and County are called.

Thanks for sharing.