2002 HME 1871/Ferrara

1500/300/104'

H-2166

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Rehab 6, Lake Charles, LA

2011 International 4400/Ferrara

H-4810

About five miles east of town, the bottom dropped out.  I-10 got ugly, wipers on high and not keeping up, 20 MPH with four-ways on, barely able to see the 18-wheeler that was 50' in front of me....  Only lasted about 10-12 miles, then let up to a normal heavy rain.  A short time later, it repeated again, then broke up a bit by the time I was nearing Hammond, LA.  I had targets there, so I got off the interstate.

Hammond Station 3 is located near the campus of Southeastern Louisianna University, AKA "The Lions".  It was overcast when I got there, but I really wanted a shot of the rig, so I asked the guys to pull it out and I got what I could.  They also had a reserve engine there, so I asked for that one as well.  As the guy finished backing it insde, the sun popped out.  I asked him to pull the first rig back out for me.

Engine 31, Hammond, LA

2008 HME 1871/Ferrara

1250/1000

H-4096

Here's the dismal shot of the reserve engine.....

Engine 32, Hammond, LA

1991 E\-One Protector

1250/1000

From there I headed to Station 1.

Engine 11, Hammond, LA

2006 HME 1871/Ferrara

2000/1000

H-3131

Ladder 1, Hammond, LA

1998 HME 1871/Ferrara

1250/500/107'

H-1075

Rescue 11, Hammond, LA

2012 HME 1871/Ferrara

H-5193

Haz-Mat 1, Hammond, LA

2004 HME 1871/Ferrara

H-2621

Yesterday I went over to Morrow to shoot their new pumper.  Firepics member Jim Kay was on duty.  Before I got the chance to do that, they ran a call and had to wash the rig, as it was dirty from all the training they have been doing.  It should go into service this coming week.  Another Firepics member, Calvin, showed up while I was waiting.

Engine 1, Morrow, GA

2013 Sutphen Shield

1500/500/30F

HS-5217

Calvin or Kelvin?

Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
It was Kelvin.. Glad we could get it washed and shined up for you Dave.... And just a bit after you left the radio god's took over, we had 8 runs in a 4 hr. span ....

Jim Kay

Retired Firefighter/Paramedic

Fire Historian

Fire Buff

Photographer
Quote:Calvin or Kelvin?
Oops!  My bad!  Doh
Quote:It was Kelvin.. Glad we could get it washed and shined up for you Dave.... And just a bit after you left the radio god's took over, we had 8 runs in a 4 hr. span ....
Thanks, Jim!  I appreciate you guys cleaning it up for me. 
Man, the weather has been awesome here lately........NOT! :rant:

I was able to get out for a couple hours this morning, just before the thunderstorms hit.  Within a week, four new engines will enter service at Atlanta - Hartsfield - Jackson  International Airport.

Engine 24, Atlanta, GA

2013 KME Predator SS

1500/500/60F

GSO-8788

I also went up to Gwinnett County......again.....

Engine 11, Gwinnett County, GA

2013 Sutphen Monarch

1500/750

HS-5194

Quote:Man, the weather has been awesome here lately........NOT! :rant:

I was able to get out for a couple hours this morning, just before the thunderstorms hit.  Within a week, four new engines will enter service at Atlanta - Hartsfield International Airport.

Engine 24, Atlanta, GA

2013 KME Predator SS

1500/500/60F

GSO-8788
Who are getting the other 3? I know ATL has 5 Station but not really sure whats where.
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
Quote:Who are getting the other 3? I know ATL has 5 Station but not really sure whats where.
Engine 40 - GSO-8829

Engine 35 - GSO-8830

The last one will go to Engine 32, but I didn't see it to get the number.  There are also white/red versions going to Engines 6 (GSO-8793) and 28 downtown.  There may be others.  Also, two TDA's are being delivered for Ladders 14 (GSO-8797) and 16 (GSO-8798).  I believe there is a third TDA in the works.

Dave,

Is " Atlanta - Hartsfield International Airport" the same as " Hartsfield-Jackson" ? I noticed that's what is on the Grille.  TIA!!

Quote:Dave,

Is " Atlanta - Hartsfield International Airport" the same as " Hartsfield-Jackson" ? I noticed that's what is on the Grille.  TIA!!
Correction made, thanks!
Quote:Correction made, thanks!
I was confused,that's all..... So,2 separate Airports?