[Image: 20130521_092227.jpg]

Dave
Rescue 204

[Image: 20130521_091950.jpg]
Dave
[Image: 20130521_092434.jpg]

Dave
North Las Vegas Fire Department Engine 50

I stopped by to take a couple of pictures of the Station and as I was they were coming back from a Call. The guys in the rig waved at me and as I parked my car in the visitor lot the Captain came out and invited me into the station. Let me tell you this was a great group of guys. They gave me a tour of the station and let me take all the pictures I wanted of the rigs. I talked with them for a while and they are semi slatted to get a new rig sometime this year, but they stated that it had not been "officially" decided. It is interesting that one of the members stated that the new rigs have the pull out trays for the crosslays and that they do not work right. He said they are on trays that slide out and tend to hang up when you pull them.

Engine 50 is a 2002 Pierce Quantum, 1500 GPM, with 750 Gallons. The guys took the time to point me in the direction of some of the other North Las Vegas Stations. The Station has been open about a year and they have a beautiful station.

I was tempted to ask them to pull the rigs out but chose not to.

Here is Engine 50 coming back as I was taking a picture of the Station.

[Image: DSCN1521_zps1b1e1697.jpg]

Not the best pictures but I always feel uncomfortable asking the members to pull the rigs out.

[Image: DSCN1524_zps81115060.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1528_zpsc3bf44b3.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1530_zps95ef780c.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1533_zps1ac040c0.jpg]

Dave
A few weeks back I was at a local grocery store one Sunday with the girlfriend and this beautiful rig was sitting outside. I went up and asked the captain assign if I could take a few pictures and he gave me the ok

[Image: WP_001174_zps2cef1388.jpg]

[Image: WP_001173_zps148e6d66.jpg]

[Image: WP_001171_zps7a7fdea4.jpg]

[Image: WP_001170_zpsa23a59ff.jpg]

Sorry about the quality but I had my Windows Phone with me at the time.

Dave
I took this one when I was down at Station 11 and it was shortly before they went out on the Shuttle Bus Fire. When I was talking with the member that was giving me the tour of the Station and rigs. He told me that the Truck Companies will run when necessary on low level EMS calls.

Truck 11 is also a 2008 Pierce Quantum.

[Image: DSCN1639_zpsc2af12eb.jpg]

Dave
I'm sure it's been asked, but Vegas is the only place I've seen apparatus with CBRNE lettering.  I know what it stands for, my question is that just local thing or do they get special funding for those rigs?

Quote:I'm sure it's been asked, but Vegas is the only place I've seen apparatus with CBRNE lettering.  I know what it stands for, my question is that just local thing or do they get special funding for those rigs?

I'm not really sure on that one I do know that the Metro Police, City of Las Vegas, and Clark County have it I will see what I can find out and let you know.
Dave
Quote:I'm sure it's been asked, but Vegas is the only place I've seen apparatus with CBRNE lettering.  I know what it stands for, my question is that just local thing or do they get special funding for those rigs?

Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and high-yield Explosive unit
Quote:Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and high-yield Explosive unit
On other word if you see it responding run the other way... 22_yikes
Quote:On other word if you see it responding run the other way... 22_yikes

True very true. I know as I listen to the scanner and read the paper we get a lot of "suspisious" packages especially on the strip.
Dave
One of the rigs that I always seem to miss getting pictures of has been the Snozzle at Engine 1 with the Las Vegas Fire Department. I was out running a few errons and Engine 1 was sitting at the Smith's Food and Drugs so I stopped and got a couple pictures of the rig.

Engine 1 is a 2001 Pierce Quantum and is scheduled to be replaced in the near future. According to the guys a new snozzle is being built by Pierce.

[Image: 20130618_094159_zps22c65f12.jpg]

[Image: 20130618_093952_zps16821bad.jpg]

[Image: 20130618_093914_zpscb5ecaef.jpg]

Dave
Quote:I'm not really sure on that one I do know that the Metro Police, City of Las Vegas, and Clark County have it I will see what I can find out and let you know.

Thanks.
Quote:One of the rigs that I always seem to miss getting pictures of has been the Snozzle at Engine 1 with the Las Vegas Fire Department. I was out running a few errons and Engine 1 was sitting at the Smith's Food and Drugs so I stopped and got a couple pictures of the rig.

Engine 1 is a 2001 Pierce Quantum and is scheduled to be replaced in the near future. According to the guys a new snozzle is being built by Pierce.

[Image: 20130618_094159_zps22c65f12.jpg]

[Image: 20130618_093952_zps16821bad.jpg]

[Image: 20130618_093914_zpscb5ecaef.jpg]
How does the fire service in the USA authorization to use blue lights in the light bars.

In Canada the only ones that can use blue in the light bars are RCMP, DNR, DFO, Sheriff's Dept. and city/town police.

The fire service has to be all red.
Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Lighting colors are regulated on a state level. Some places opt to use them if authorized. Some states the police can only use blue, fire red. Some states it doesn't matter, Nevada being one.

I know some states that blue lights are reserved for Volunteer Firefighters, but in Nevada I see Police, Fire, and EMS with blue lights along with red lights.

Dave
Quote:How does the fire service in the USA authorization to use blue lights in the light bars.

In Canada the only ones that can use blue in the light bars are RCMP, DNR, DFO, Sheriff's Dept. and city/town police.

In Arizona, for example, by state law police are authorized to use Red/Blue, fire is supposed to use all Red (but many fire Departments ignore that and go with Red/Blue) and ambulances can use Red or Red/Amber (amber has pretty much disappeared except on really old ambo's). California fire apparatus must have all red warning lights and all emergency vehicles must also show a steady-burning red light to the front, as well.

John I.

Fire/EMS Dispatcher / EMT-B

Fire Apparatus Photographer / Hobbyist

www.fireapparatusphotos.com

www.flickr.com/image7801

Nikon D5600 (retired: Nikon D90) / Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
Quote:How does the fire service in the USA authorization to use blue lights in the light bars.

Kansas until 1991 only allowed the use of Red or Red/White for all Fire, Police, Ambulance. After 1991 the state statue was amended to accept Red/Blue for Fire, Police, Ambulance. Kansas volunteer firemen are required to use only all red with siren. The state statue also until recently required that an electro mechanical siren be used IE Federal Q, B&M Super Chief also a bell or whistle was allowed. As some departments did not follow this requirement using only electronic sirens the statue was recently changed to an audible bell, whistle, or siren. Funny side note the fire district portion of statue still requires any Fire District vehicle to be considered an authorized emergency vehicle to be red in color. That is my favorite may be because I am partial to red. This portion of the statue is not widely know or followed by the fire districts.

Missouri to my knowledge has always allowed Red/Blue for Fire, Police, Ambulance. Missouri volunteer firemen are required to use only all blue with siren.

Stay Safe,

Rick

Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
Quote:In Arizona, for example, by state law police are authorized to use Red/Blue, fire is supposed to use all Red (but many fire Departments ignore that and go with Red/Blue) and ambulances can use Red or Red/Amber (amber has pretty much disappeared except on really old ambo's). California fire apparatus must have all red warning lights and all emergency vehicles must also show a steady-burning red light to the front, as well.

To me the more lights and different colors that they use make them more noticable. I know in Nebraska the volunteers where allowed can use red lights but not sirens.
Dave