Pumper 1 

1987 Ford F800 / Superior pumper

(840/1000)

(SN#SE 818)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Parrsboro, NS

Pumper 4

1978 Ford F700/LRB Fabricators 

(only used for water shuttle and forest/brush unit in summer)

Received this AWESOME 5x7 B&W print today!

Halifax Fire Department, NS

1966 King Seagrave

100' TDA

Unknown Photographer/Kemp Collection

Pugwash, NS

retired Rescue Unit

1990 GMC Forward/Lantz

Quote:Received this AWESOME 5x7 B&W print today!

Halifax Fire Department, NS

1966 King Seagrave

100' TDA

Unknown Photographer/Kemp Collection

I was in halifax when this truck was delivered and placed in service. Do you have any additional photos of Halifax apparatus from the 1960s?
Cool picture ! Never knew that Halifax had had a tiller.

Until what year was it in service ? It must have been in the last few tillers in service in Canada until Québec City put there's in service last year.
Quebec City had an older tiller before they received their new one.  I believe there 1975 Kenworth K-100/Thibault was sold to Malbaie Que.  The Halifax rig was in service from 1966 until around late 80's possible early 90's.  It was then sold to Bridgewater Metals who wanted the truck for the body, im pretty sure the body was/is being used as some type of garden/farm tractor.  I am still trying to track it down.

Quebec City had a 1976 Kenworth / Thibault 100 foot tiller and a 1973 IHC / Thibault 100 foot tiller. Both only saw about 10 years of front line service ending their career are spares.

The Kenworth went to La Malbaie, Qc around 1994 and they used it until around 2005. However, they had locked the tiller in order to operate with just one driver. It's now collector owned. 

The 1973 IHC / Thibault was traded in to NOVAQuintech in the early 1990s.

So that means that the Halifax rig was one of three tillers at the time.

Lawrencetown, NS

retired Aerial

1985 International Cargostar/Dependable/1974 King Pumper

1050/500/50' Telesquirt

Another oldie but a goodie!

Debert, NS

1951 International L180/LaFrance

ex: Windsor Fire Department (NS)

Unknown Photographer/My Collection

Quote:Quebec City had an older tiller before they received their new one.  I believe there 1975 Kenworth K-100/Thibault was sold to Malbaie Que.  The Halifax rig was in service from 1966 until around late 80's possible early 90's.  It was then sold to Bridgewater Metals who wanted the truck for the body, im pretty sure the body was/is being used as some type of garden/farm tractor.  I am still trying to track it down.

The 1966 Tiller truck replaced a Seagrave tiller truck that dated from somewhere around 1945 (maybe a few years earlier). The older truck was kept as a spare for a few years. Both ran out of the old HFD-HQ on Bedford Row, which is now a restaurant. The street in front was so narrow that the two engines (E1and E4) could barely make the turn coming out of their bays.

The tiller truck could operate in the narrow waterfront streets. I can vividly remember watching it make a virtual U-turn coming out of the station onto Prince Street to get down to Lower Water Street. I didn't believe that it could be done until I watched them do it.
Quote:The next group are from IPIQ
Is this a private fire department and what does IPIQ stand for?
Quote:Is this a private fire department and what does IPIQ stand for?

IPIQ is the firefighter training academy that is located in Laval, just north of Montreal. It stands for Institut de Protection Contre les Incendies du Québec. - Quebec Fire Protection Institute. They have a fleet of about a dozen rigs that are used for recruit training and other courses. It is operated as part of the public education system.
Lunenberg, NS

2011 Pierce Contender Pumper

1250/800/30F

Lunenberg, NS

Rescue 2

2002 Freightliner FL80/Lantz

A shot of opportunity.....North Grenville's (Kemptville Ont) new ladder delivered today....no stats.

Attached Files Image(s)

Moncton, NB

Truck 3

2013 Pierce Impel

1750/500/75'

1 of 2 delivered other assigned to Truck 4, shot of opportunity in a downpour!