Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canada Eh?
E-23 for North Battleford, Saskatchewan  2014 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/Spartan Gladiator  1050/600/25  s/n #M525

Attached Files Image(s)

E-3 in Swift Current, Saskatchewan  2014 Fort Garry Fire Trucks/Spartan Gladiator  1050/600/25  #M524

Attached Files Image(s)

The recent posts from Warren S and big Bave have come from sunny Saskatchewan, so I thought I would include a few photos from a recent trip to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Rescue Engine 4 is this 1993 E-1/Superior Cyclone with 1250 pump and 500 gallon water tank.[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

This should be Saskatoon Rescue Engine 4!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Rescue Engine 9 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan is a 2001 E-1/Superior Cyclone with a 1250 pump and 500 gallon water tank.

The newest Rescue Engines in Saskatoon were several of these 2009 Rosenbauer Spartan pumpers with 1500 pumps, 500 gallon water tanks and twin 25 gallon foam tanks.

Brush 5 in Saskatoon,Saskatchewan is this neat looking 2013 Blanchat built truck on a Ford F550 chassis, and comes with a 150 gpm pump, 500 gallon water tank and 10 gallon foam tank.

Algonquin College, in Ottawa, operates a Pre-Service Fire Fighting Program, that yours truly is one of the lead instructors on.  At this time, a single truck is on the roster, and is this 1990 Spartan/E-One 1250/250 that formerly served Cambridge, Ontario as Pump 2. This truck replaced Algonquin's 1982 Mack MC/Phoenix, that originally served Whitby, Ontario.

Last fall my wife and I rode across Canada by rail, stopping at Jasper, AB for three days.  I struck out getting anything of the city's, but while driving around I found that the Jasper Park Lodge has their own fire brigade.

I found the head mechanic for the Lodge who was also on the fire brigade, and he was happy to pull out their rig.

The old fire brigade rig is on display out front.

I hope you enjoyed my little contribution to this topic.

Quote:Last fall my wife and I rode across Canada by rail, stopping at Jasper, AB for three days.  I struck out getting anything of the city's, but while driving around I found that the Jasper Park Lodge has their own fire brigade.
Always loved the International Fleetstar, but this one is just too cool!  Thanks for posting this!
I believe this International Fleetstar pumper is ex-Parks Canada/Jasper Fire department built by Saskatoon Fire Engine Company Ltd of Calgary Alberta about 1975

not the best photo - the truck would not start - but a very interesting piece.  Shell Scotford, Alberta (an industrial site - refinery) operates this 2013 Spartan MS combination pumper/ambulance.  The only builder's identification found on the truck says "Marque"  a make with which I am not familiar.  has a Waterous 500 gpm pump.  Not sure of any capacities for water/foam/dry chemicals.

Attached Files Image(s)

Dave:  Marque is owned by ASV the Parent of E\-One, Wheeled Coach, Road Rescue, AEV, Leader & McCoy Miller out of Winter Park, Florida.  It was listed on Nassau Fire Apparatus's site out of New York as the selling dealer.

Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
www.nassaufire.com/Deliveries.aspx

Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
thanks for your quick response.  Very interesting concept.

Yorkton, Saskatchewan E-3

2013 Pierce Velocity  1500/640/16A/20B   #27084

Attached Files Image(s)

Regina, Saskatchewan  PR122  2011 Rosenbauer/Spartan G  1500/500/40  #13305

Attached Files Image(s)