Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Omaha, NE - Working Fire - January 1, 2015
Omaha fire crews were dispatched shortly after 8:00am on January 1, 2015 to an apartment complex near 156th and Q Streets in southwest Omaha. Crews found a fire in a utility chase that ran from the first floor to the attic.

The response was:

3 engines (E63, E65 and E77)

2 trucks (T63 and T78)

1 Heavy Rescue (R33)

1 Air Support (R30)

2 Battalion Chiefs (B6 and B5)

1 EMS Supervisor (S1)

2 Ambulances (M65 and M77)

Crews opened walls and ceilings to get to the fire.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

First-due Engine and Truck 63

Bit of a hike for T78. Nice to see what T63 was I missed. Reserve Truck 9 (75' RM) was running in its place on my visit.

Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
Omaha performs aggressive truck work. Both Truck 63 and Truck 78 raised their aerials in anticipation of opening the roof. 

I believe that Truck 63 is a 2001 E\-One. Identical trucks are in service with Trucks 34, 41 and 61. Two additional rigs of this make and model are used as spares for a total of six. These are the oldest front-line trucks in the fleet. Omaha is currently taking bids for two new 100-foot aerials. 

Crews opened the utility chase from the first floor to the attic. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Bit of a hike for T78. Nice to see what T63 was I missed. Reserve Truck 9 (75' RM) was running in its place on my visit.
I agree. I believe that Omaha used to run 10 trucks at one time before they annexed large portions of land to the west of the city. They are currently running 8 truck companies. I suspect that some of the trucks were closed to place new engine companies in service to cover the newly annexed areas. 
Pulling ceiling on the third-floor balcony. 

Truck 78

Truck 78 is the newest Truck Company in the fleet. I believe that this is a 2012 Spartan/Rosenbauer. 

Engine 77. Interesting to note that all three engines on this fire are equipped with 1000-gallon tanks, portable tanks and Newton dump valves for operation in Omaha's water scarce areas on the west side of Omaha. 

Business end of E77...

Engine 65

Medic 77 and Battalion 5's ride. I believe that M77 and M56 are the newest medic units in the fleet (corrections welcome). Most of the other Omaha medic units are painted white over red.

There are currently four Wheeled Coach medic units on order. The specs on the City's website indicate that the new units will be on the International Terrastar chassis. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)