Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Los Angeles Fire Dept
If you look at the tillers Pierce builds, there is an extra tractor compartment add right behind the cab if the truck has the IFS. It doesn't matter what cab it is. I don't have photos to show but look at the Baltimore tillers, They will have the narrow 11" compartment and then the standard tractor compartment of  about 33" . Compare it to the Charleston SC tiller that deleted the IFS to keep the truck shorter. I can't remember off the top of my head what exactly the reason for it is but it has to due with components of the IFS  I will ask our rep again and get the complete answer.. We have been working on a tiller spec for about a year now and the tractor compartment has been the most work as we are trying to get the most usable space possible out of it.

Quote: 

LA City shop #60552 that I had as originally assigned to Engine 84 and later re-assigned to Engine 409 (saw it at a greater alarm fire as E409 on video just the other day).
Thanks for the help, Steve.
[Image: IMG_20150317_124322_zpsa3728fee.jpg]

Engine 12 , Once they get there new KME there Seagrave will go into reserve status.
Quote:[Image: IMG_20150317_124322_zpsa3728fee.jpg]

Engine 12 , Once they get there new KME there seagrave will go into reserve status.

Wow she looks in good shape.  I was at the plant back when this one and its sisters were being built.

Kris
In the proposed budget the LAFD is seeking $20 Million in MICLA funding to replace 5 Ladder Trucks, 13 Engine Companies, 8 Emergency Command Vehicles and 18 Rescues as well as $18 Million for two AW139 helicopters one of which would be for training purposes.
[Image: 022_zpsnijdgruv.jpg]

Light Force 74 fueling up at Station 24.
[Image: 006_zpszbabayqs.jpg]

Truck 74.
[Image: 018_zpsxogwwwuo.jpg]

Engine 274.
(S/N 60628) formally assigned to Engine 88 has now been bumped down to Engine 288.

[Image: 097_zpsvzvqscza.jpg]
Have any of the new tillers gone in service?
Quote:Have any of the new tillers gone in service?

The new Pierce Arrow XT Tillers are still being constructed. Last I heard was that it would prob be toward the end of the year before they were on the street.
The LAFD has undergone a reorganization. The department has been split into four geographic bureaus Valley, West, Central and South.

Valley Bureau units are Battalion's 10, 12, 14, 15 & 17
Central Bureau units are Battalion's 1 2 & 11
West Bureau Units are Battalion's 4, 5 & 9
South Bureau units are Battalion's 6 13 & 18.

Each Bureau is commanded by a Deputy Chief who reports to the Emergency Operations Chief Deputy.
Does anyone have any hosebed/compartment pics of the new KME's?

I apologize if this has been posted before...great pics...keep 'em coming!

Quote:Does anyone have any hosebed/compartment pics of the new KME's?

I apologize if this has been posted before...great pics...keep 'em coming!
[Image: 014.jpg]
Quote:[Image: 014.jpg]

so they paid the money for the arrow stick then block it with the LDH.
Question about tillers. Are they just like a normal tractor trailer? Can you swap the tractors and the trailers or are they meant to only work together? Could you hook it up to a regular tractor?
Paramedics: Because firefighters need heros too!
No, they're on a completely different style of hookup, not a fifth wheel like a semi. Once the tractor and trailer are together, a pin is slid in to lock them together.

Trav!
Travis- Mill Twp. Fire Dept. Marion, IN.
[Image: 125_zpsgfm3mhk0.jpg]

Engine 88 in there new KME.
On the back of Engine 56, what are the steps that look like horseshoes (U shaped) or is that a whole step and my eyes are not seeing it right
Quote:On the back of Engine 56, what are the steps that look like horseshoes (U shaped) or is that a whole step and my eyes are not seeing it right

Those are brackets to hold the hose for quick deployment in a wildland fire

Someone has a better explanation in this post:

http://www.firepics.net/groupboards/inde...4&p=490780
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?