Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman Rescued at Portland House Fire 4-2-15
At 0911 Portland 911 dispatch began to receive many calls for a fire on Mill Court. It was described as; a house fire, a fire on Market St., a backyard burn and probably several other things. It was just 2 blocks from Station 7 so they arrived quickly. In addition to Eng. 7, Truck 7, Rescue 7 and C3, E29, E31, E19, T2 and C4 responded. Since all companies were heavily engaged, C3 ordered an additional engine for RIT duties.

Truck 7 started a search for occupants and FF Braxton thought he heard a noise on the 2nd floor. When he got upstairs he fouind a woman semi-concious and leaning against the wall. He carried her outside and she was treated for smoke inhalation by the ambulance crew before being transported to the hospital.

Station 7 arriving.

[Image: p1091046877-4.jpg]

Advancing the first line into the house.
[Image: p1091047139-4.jpg]

Eng. 29 bringing a backup line.
[Image: p1091046887-4.jpg]

Eng. 19 running another line.
[Image: p1091046895-4.jpg]

Eng. 19 taking the line to the rear.
[Image: p1091047621-4.jpg]
[Image: p1091048235-4.jpg]

Fire victim ready for transport.
[Image: p1091048655-4.jpg]

FFs Braxton and Stensgaard describe the rescue to the Battalion Chief.
[Image: p1091048717-4.jpg]

[Image: p1091049943-4.jpg]

Chief Stenhouse held a debriefing.
[Image: p1091049693-4.jpg]

The disadvantage of arriving behind the first due engine. Smile
[Image: p1091049188-4.jpg]

Great shots.

Thanks for sharing

Good job by PFD! Another great set Dick, always nice to get there early even if you have to wait around a little while to get out.

Good photos, Dick!

tHANKs

tHANKs
Great set. I love seeing the shots that show the reality of things, guys hustling and doing what they gotta to get the job done.

[quote name='usonian' timestamp='1296877893' post='423827']

My immediate first thought on this rig was that it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree of Fire Engines. Poor thing.

[/quote]
Nice series.

Kevin
Visit my website Buffalo, NY Fire Photos
Visit my Zazzle store 

nice pics!
I've never been to Portland, but any series of pictures I see seem to depict a department that gets after it and does the job professionally.  I especially like their hose bed layouts....plus, your pictures of two guys making the stretch are awesome and demonstrate textbook engine company teamwork.  Nice posts!

Quote:I've never been to Portland, but any series of pictures I see seem to depict a department that gets after it and does the job professionally.  I especially like their hose bed layouts....plus, your pictures of two guys making the stretch are awesome and demonstrate textbook engine company teamwork.  Nice posts!

Yes, they definitely have it all together. Each seat in every engine and truck has a definite assignment and they rotate once a month. The Truck  always goes first. In this case there was smoke showing so Truck 7 reported "all in", meaning all 4 members immediately went in to search. Sta. 7 is 2 blocks from the fire and I am 6 blocks away. My first photo was taken 5 minutes after the dispatch and the woman had already been rescued.